Moses Mbye ready to extend deal with Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses Mbye has had two weeks to recharge his batteries but he is set to return to the Canterbury side for the injured Josh Reynolds as his manager prepares to fly to Sydney to kick-start talks with the club over a lucrative extension to his contract.

Reynolds was yesterday ruled out for up to six weeks with a knee injury, meaning he may not play again before the finals. Fortunately for the Bulldogs, they have Mbye in reserve after the talented 21-year-old was given a fortnight to freshen up by coach Des Hasler.

His likely return comes at a pivotal point in his career. Mbye has another year remaining on his existing deal but the Bulldogs have already outlined plans to sign him to an extension amid interest from rival clubs, most notably the Gold Coast.

Those talks are set to escalate this week when his manager, Simon Mammino, flies to Sydney to meet club officials. It is understood as part of those talks that Mammino will seek some clarity about the decision to sit Mbye on the sidelines for the past fortnight.

Reynolds and Trent Hodkinson were preferred in the halves for games against Parramatta and Cronulla.

Mammino confirmed he was ready to begin talks with the Bulldogs and reiterated Mbye’s strong feelings for the club.

“There’s a lot of things to go through,” he said.

“It’s more to hear what they have to say. We’re in no hurry but he has a lot of respect for the Bulldogs.”

Adding insult to injury for Reynolds, he was charged yesterday with dangerous contact to the head or neck over his hit on Cronulla fullback Valentine Holmes in the dying minutes of Sunday afternoon’s game at Belmore Sports Ground.

Reynolds is facing a one-match ban for the offence, although his latest injury blow makes any suspension redundant. The Bulldogs pivot has endured a rotten year with suspension and injury culminating in his latest setback.

A best-case scenario would see Reynolds return just before the finals. At worst, he will be forced to watch the club’s quest for a top eight spot from the sidelines, even more galling given he and Hodkinson appeared to have won their battle with Mbye to consolidate starting spots in the halves.

Reynolds’ injury now gives Mbye the opportunity to reclaim a place in the halves. Provided Mbye and Hodkinson can drive the club to a finals appearance, Reynolds may find it difficult to regain a starting spot.

In a further blow to Canterbury’s quest for the finals, the club also announced forward Frank Pritchard would have further scans on a rib injury. Pritchard could be sidelined for a month.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...al-with-bulldogs/story-fnca0von-1227459237866

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is from yesterday - so who is right - this or what NRL360 is saying???

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this, he would know that a starting spot in the halves is his next year

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is trying to get more dollars, playing Melbourne against us

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
his going to stay, he has the spot starting next year, he never started this year thats why des is sticking with hodko and reynolds, its a loyalty thing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well i heard a few days ago that there are some issues and that can explain the rumour. At the end of the day Moses hasn't been allowed to play the last 2 weeks and there has to be far more to it than "giving him a rest"

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
blake green has been the perfect foil for the big 3 this year so moses would have some tough competition if he went, why do that when his only competition is reynolds who lately has been playing 1/2 a season and backup halves like chisolm?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses stop your whinging bud.

The club did not re-sign Hodko for 2016 onwards as it has been made very clear that you will be the starting half and future of the club for 2016 onwards.

If you can milk the Storm or Broncos, goodluck

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moses stop your whinging bud.

The club did not re-sign Hodko for 2016 onwards as it has been made very clear that you will be the starting half and future of the club for 2016 onwards.

If you can milk the Storm or Broncos, goodluck
why do broncos need him anyways?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
why do broncos need him anyways?
Because when Wayne got to Brisbane he basically said why the hell was Moses not part of our system. Remember he attempted to sign him while he was coach at the Knights, obviously rates him highly. But yh, dunno where he would fit in at the bronx atm.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that the Storm and Groncos were after him.

dont know who is after him
oh i know its all rumors
i was just asking if the rumors were true
why would Groncos even go for him if they have boyd, hunt and milford

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought Bennett said he already has the best young halves pairing in the nrl, so why would Mbye be needed

Malla

Reaction score
I hope we don't offer him too much $$$. He does not deserve it yet.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now first of all I want to state I know nothing, and what I'm saying is speculation and a guess. But could Mbye have been dropped the last two weeks due to arrogance and a big ego?

I have only met Moses twice at the Xmas party and the fan day two weeks ago. Both times I found him to be quite rude and obnoxious. Both times he jus ignored me and took my poster, signed it, then passed it on, no interaction what so ever. At first I thought being a young bloke, maybe a bit shy.

Then I watched him on the footy show, and tbh I found him to be quite arrogant. I think maybe des has dropped him to stop him getting a big head. He's been getting talked up in the media, maybe it's all going to his head, and the club want to prevent a Ben Barba style fiasco again.

Again just a thought, just putting out there what I have seen.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now first of all I want to state I know nothing, and what I'm saying is speculation and a guess. But could Mbye have been dropped the last two weeks due to arrogance and a big ego?

I have only met Moses twice at the Xmas party and the fan day two weeks ago. Both times I found him to be quite rude and obnoxious. Both times he jus ignored me and took my poster, signed it, then passed it on, no interaction what so ever. At first I thought being a young bloke, maybe a bit shy.

Then I watched him on the footy show, and tbh I found him to be quite arrogant. I think maybe des has dropped him to stop him getting a big head. He's been getting talked up in the media, maybe it's all going to his head, and the club want to prevent a Ben Barba style fiasco again.

Again just a thought, just putting out there what I have seen.
Would not surprise me if true and if so good on des

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who is his manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.