Moses Mbye puts extension talks on hold after Bulldogs first offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye is a 6 not a 7 pure and simple. He isnt an organiser. He was some what special when he played beside Hodko because Hodko organised, mbye just played.... Either Reynolds or Mbye need to go, they are the same type of player. I'd prefer Mbye personally.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought Moses was solid and showed some good signs that he can develop into the match winner we have all heard him been spoken about as. His whole season like the teams was definitely a roller coaster with some highlights and low-lights. Noticed his form was down from around the time he had his child. Moses is young himself and this would have taken a toll on his mind as well as all the talk being thrown around the papers by his manager.

Willing to give Moses the benefit of the doubt and hope he can return to the form we witnessed earlier in the season on a more consistent basis next year.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye is a 6 not a 7 pure and simple. He isnt an organiser. He was some what special when he played beside Hodko because Hodko organised, mbye just played.... Either Reynolds or Mbye need to go, they are the same type of player. I'd prefer Mbye personally.
spot on and it's reynolds who needs to go ASAP

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Mbye is a good talent but definitely ran out of steam after a few games. Not unusual for a young player. He is definitely not the class no 7 we need to win the comp though.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I don't see Josh Reynolds asking for $8000k a season, and delivering nothing.

Sure he hasn't set the world on fire, But he's more confident than Mbye without the asking price. I see him as a future captain and perhaps moving into the lock role or worst case scenario, on the bench.

Based on the evidence before me though, it would be Mbye that would be getting the flick, not Reynolds.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Could we become a better version of the West Tigers.
They have two young halves who for a majority of the season lack direction + the ability to lead the team around.
We have two young halves (although 1 has experience) who for a majority of their time playing together lack direction + the ability to lead the team around?

I really hope one of them steps up next year because if not it could be one of those years where we scrape through into the 8 like 2013.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Sure he hasn't set the world on fire, But he's more confident than Mbye without the asking price. I see him as a future captain and perhaps moving into the lock role or worst case scenario, on the bench.

Based on the evidence before me though, it would be Mbye that would be getting the flick, not Reynolds.
Reynolds a future captain lol, seriously give it a ****ing rest. He hs been in firstgrade for 5 years and has shown **** all skill or mental development. Reynolds was completely outplayed by Mbye over the majority of the season, yet some of you lot still choke on the ****s dick.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I thought this was a serious post before i read the "LOL Moment" where you stated that you see Reynolds as a future captain... well played ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry bro, have to agree with the others, a massive ****ing lol at Reynolds as captain.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would make someone like Tolman or Jackson captain next year. It seems to have hurt Bupas game too much and Reynolds is a spastic who should never be captain.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmoz or Tolman as captain with Jackson to take over the reigns once they retire

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought Moses was solid and showed some good signs that he can develop into the match winner we have all heard him been spoken about as. His whole season like the teams was definitely a roller coaster with some highlights and low-lights. Noticed his form was down from around the time he had his child. Moses is young himself and this would have taken a toll on his mind as well as all the talk being thrown around the papers by his manager.

Willing to give Moses the benefit of the doubt and hope he can return to the form we witnessed earlier in the season on a more consistent basis next year.
Agree that he had showed us glimpses of what he is capable of and what he showed for us in U20.Maybe his form was down because his manager has been shopping him around big time in the last MONTH to SIX WEEKS; yep right in the middle of our most important games of the year. Boy has talent alright but distractions from questions fielded from the media regarding his future has been a big downer. Manager needed to piss off and wait until the player had either finished his commitments for the year or until the final year of his contract which is NEXT year.

Leaves us in one great hole if you ask me with two into one five eighth spot not fitting, plus the fact we moved on Hokko a half back who was not playing well but had started to find at least a bit of form. Do we cut off our nose to spite our face and move on Reynolds ( who is under contract until end of 2017)and select Moses at five-eighth, do we use Reynolds as a utility and find another half, or keep things as they are and face having a crisis again when our halves can't do the job they are supposed to? Can we use Graham and Chisholm from NSW Cup? So many questions to be answered, but it looks as if his manager may be the one deciding for us if the club stands by offering what all would consider a reasonable amount commensurate with his form and another club offers him a massive payday. Although Moses has said he wants to stay, all the talk at the moment suggests his manager may be looking to place him elsewhere..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeyaaaaaa and sayonara
there will never be another "Thurston"
no matter how good Moses turns out to be jt will be an immortal and plz stop with the comparison it's embarrassing

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I think the kid might have been reading his own media and listening to his manager too much.

If he wants big money, he needs to show he's worth it next season.

I think Kane Elgey will be a better player, based on what he has shown this season.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would make someone like Tolman or Jackson captain next year. It seems to have hurt Bupas game too much and Reynolds is a spastic who should never be captain.
James has really taken a knock with his captaincy this year and even blind Freddy could see that his form has suffered accordingly. (Speaking about blind Freddy I see he has hopped on the fair try bandwagon for the effort last Friday of Kane Evans, lol.)

A lot of people here would like Tolman to move on and so your suggestion for handing him the captaincy seemingly would be shot down in flames. In saying that though I honestly thought Tolman did okay when he stood in as skipper this year; but the way things went we could have had the ball boy as Captain for all the respect our guys are not afforded by the officials.

Jacko has struggled a little bit at times this year and I thought his effort last Friday was one of his worst; would the added burden of Captaincy be too much for him?

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Agree on the point he is not an organiser and dosent have the foresight needed.

If the last fouor or five games is anything to go buy, his value as one of the halves is deminishing faster than the Ozzie dollar and I would be hinting to Des to give
me a go in the centres, fullback or wing where he can run off someone who can actually do the job he is supposed to to do and put him into gaps.

The so called speed is not acceleration which is needed around the rucks.
We know he has blinding pace, but with a wind up which could suit him elsewhere.

Its looking grim at this stage where both of our halves are not in favour and in all probability will be in 2016

Hope we have some good news over the summer re halves signings

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think mbye would make a great centre his got speed to burn

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
let mbye leave hes not shown enough to keep, and that $750000 he wanted, use that money and make an offer for a real half

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Mbye is worth and asking for 750-800k we are in big trouble trying to retain Klemmer & Jackson who would be worth 1.5m each respectively.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Mbye misplaced his package? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.