Moses Mbye puts extension talks on hold after Bulldogs first offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What you saw in Moses this season is what you will see from now on wards, players do not miraculously get so much better.

Him and his manager can gladly fuk off to the Titans.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What you saw in Moses this season is what you will see from now on wards, players do not miraculously get so much better.

Him and his manager can gladly fuk off to the Titans.
Ohh yes, every player plays great consistent footy in there first full season. How stupid of me to not know this.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trust me...i was right about Reynolds (some still may want to argue that point) and i will be right about Moses. Remember Bellamy and Bennett both chased Moses last contract...they both seem to be pretty good judges.
If you had to sign him now, how much is he worth? I can't see him being worth more than 250-300K and that's high just in case he comes good.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
If you had to sign him now, how much is he worth? I can't see him being worth more than 250-300K and that's high just in case he comes good.
$300K is the upper limit. He hasn't displayed enough maturity and is limited in other aspects of his game. His goal kicking abilities are a severe draw back.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Right now, base salary lol. But then again id be sacking Des and few other players haha. Based on what i have seen overall and what other clubs may pay, i still think either side of 500k. I do expect a fair chunk of it to come from TPA's though, he is fairly marketable and already speaks better than 90% of players in the game. He won't cause any real dent in our salary cap imo.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Right now, base salary lol. But then again id be sacking Des and few other players haha. Based on what i have seen overall and what other clubs may pay, i still think either side of 500k. I do expect a fair chunk of it to come from TPA's though, he is fairly marketable and already speaks better than 90% of players in the game. He won't cause any real dent in our salary cap imo.
So we have to pay him so much cause he speaks well? I rather a player that cannot string 2 words together and play like RTS...actually never heard him speak.
DCE is the most well spoken player in the NRL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So we have to pay him so much cause he speaks well? I rather a player that cannot string 2 words together and play like RTS...actually never heard him speak.
DCE is the most well spoken player in the NRL
Lol you completely missed the point, try again.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol you completely missed the point, try again.

take it easy mate, i agree with you.

I can see why you think moses will be special, i hope so. I do not see it, under hasler he will be average at best. I do not want to pay for potential.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As i have been saying for a little while, ben roberts 2.0. 300k is even a stretch.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Out of him and Grub I'd take Mbye. God this style has failed and we have not one good half to fall back on how depressing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
take it easy mate, i agree with you.

I can see why you think moses will be special, i hope so. I do not see it, under hasler he will be average at best. I do not want to pay for potential.
You just told him to **** off to the titans lol.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of him and Grub I'd take Mbye. God this style has failed and we have not one good half to fall back on how depressing.
We need to start brining these young guys through its working for other teams why can't out juniors start playing before they turn 25

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need to start brining these young guys through its working for other teams why can't out juniors start playing before they turn 25
Lol what

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think mbye will improve next year with an off season to practice goal kicking with Halligan.

He is fast as anything and will be better next year when the halfs as settled rather than this switch and change that we had this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To clarify I meant why do we hold our young guns back for so long
Finucane, Jackson, Klemmer, Lane, Perret, Moses, Lafai, Danny, etc all come to mind. I thibk we have one of the youngest squads tbh.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ohh yes, every player plays great consistent footy in there first full season. How stupid of me to not know this.
Took Ben Hunt a year or two before he exploded this year. Change of coach seemed to contribute to getting best out of him also.

Status
Not open for further replies.