CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You cant demand tradesmen wages when you're still doing your apprenticeship
I did that and got sacked lol. But thats okay i bloody hated working for the dodgey lebo ****

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
First things first I'm not trying to bash Mbye here, just to be honest about what i have seen from him.

I see a lot of similarities between an early Ben Roberts and Moses Mbye at this stage. Both were good on their feet and could put a centre in space occasionally because of their unpredictable footwork but they lack something in the planning department and only play outstanding games when the rest of the side is dominating and creating gaps in the defense. People eventually bayed for the sacking of Roberts, and if Mbye doesn't start showing he actually has something to offer aside from his footwork he will quickly lose the following that he has built up this year. I think he has an ordinary kicking game and a tendency to get tackled on the 4th tackle anyway which means his other halves partner is going to be under pressure on every kick. The jizzfest over Mbye might already be ending at the moment as people realize that he's got a LONG LONG way to go before he's able to count himself anywhere near the upper echelon of NRL halves.

$700k is MASSIVE overs for a rookie that hasn't really set the world alight consistently.
Ben roberts? He is nothing like roberts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ben roberts? He is nothing like roberts.
Better add abit more to my previous post. Moses and Roberts have completely different running style. Moses gets the ball out in 2 hands and either gives clean early ball to his outside mean or runs direct and either plays it short, long or out the back. Moses uses his pace to accelerate into small gaps, there is no real footwork to his game. Roberts would receive the ball and use foot and and/or his palm to get on the outside of his defender and either power through and go himself or offload it to his outside. He also had a decent step.

The only thing they have in common is a left foot, abit of pace and similar skin tone, for me they are from the same type of player. If anything Reynolds is a closer match to roberts.

But yes i agree 700k is ridiculous overs, but there is absolutely no quote from anywhere stating 700k. The 700k is just a made up fiqure and the only way that sort of money would be on the table is if he hits a ridiculous purple patch of form. Either side of 500k is a fair price when you take in his current ability, potential, quality kf the market and his media appeal.

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alright mr technical but why...i dont get it Tom Browne is honestly nothing special give mbye more runs preparing him for next season

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wouldnt of made any difference in this game, the whole team are playing like under 8s

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
well played by mbye and his manager, have to club release hodko who wanted to stay at the dogs, then bung on a tantrum demanding a huge pay rise and threatening to leave the club........there my friends is our version of dce
mbye is not proven hes far from the top order, he does show potential and that is all it is at the moment
And if this is true regarding mbyes manager demanding a huge pay day for someone basically going into his second season...could that manager be trusted to not shop mbye around mid contract same as with dce

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.