Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Hulk at fullback and Bmoz to wing would be fkn awesome :grinning:

Scarlett johansen (black widow) as the hooker... we will win every comp.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to calm down about the Mbye negotiations. 90% of the shit being bandied around in the media, is pure speculation.

You can't begrudge a guy who is trying to do the best for himself and his family. You can't expect the guy to roll over and say, "I love the club, and will play here for a lot less". That's not how negotiating works. Second point is, There is no doubt that Moses and Des have a verbal agreement for Moses to stay at the club, before a decision was made on Trent Hodkinson's future. Just let it play out ffs.
There are a few things here that the renewal of a player's contract would be based on based on:

1. Rugby League is a team game and the team plays for a club
2. A quqlity player (in this case Mbye) is paid what he is worth, not peanuts because he likes the joint
3. The player is contracted to the club, not the coach

Therefore the "Hasler Clause" which this thread is all about should not be tolerated.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've put ourselves in a bad position in these negotiations. Now that Hodkinson is gone, Mbye basically has a tonne of leverage over us in these negotiations since we have no other realistic halves choices. We'll have to pay up to keep him. Ideally we should have wrapped up Mbye before Hodkinson signed with Newcastle.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Wow keeping Stanley who is made of tissue paper and Perrett who has played 2 years too many and then signing hopa on overs....

What a joke our outside backs are.
You are entitled to your opinion, however I do not agree with you regarding Sam Perrett. He played extremely well and was solid against the Rabbits.

Master

Waterboy
Reaction score
We've put ourselves in a bad position in these negotiations. Now that Hodkinson is gone, Mbye basically has a tonne of leverage over us in these negotiations since we have no other realistic halves choices. We'll have to pay up to keep him. Ideally we should have wrapped up Mbye before Hodkinson signed with Newcastle.
Agreed... However Moses should be signed long term for near the amount he is asking... Otherwise he will be like another Thurston dilemma when we lost him in 2005. Future dogs half back sign him for 4-5years and move the f..k on. That's just my opinion.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Scarlett johansen (black widow) as the hooker... we will win every comp.
She cant do anything though except look hot

[video=youtube;pb9l988kqL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb9l988kqL4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry LCD im 120kgs + and the only way i could play fullback is if the field was downhill . On topic, Mbye's manager is earning his commision with the way he is playing this whole contract negotiation with our club. We will get squeezed to pay almost premium for Mbye as he will get big offers elsewhere. The only thing going for us is he loves the club and has a lot of respect for Hasler. I agree with the club taking a stance against having a get out clause if Hasler leaves. It means if he does leave he can take players with him. Fark that !

Bigmous

on the loose
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was on the Sunday footy show, said he aspires to captain of our great club; doesn't see himself elsewhere and as far as he knows, he hasn't been offered a contract this past week. Main focus is on the footy and the finals.

I honestly don't get why people are whining about his price tag. If true, sign him up on a 4-5 year deal. With the cap increasing and the 2018 broadcast deal. 800k would be less than 10% of our cap, for a quality half that's peanuts.

Bare in mind the new rules state after 5 years at a club, a part of a player's salary is discounted off the cap. This amount increases yearly from then on.

This is also the reason why I'm a lot more confident of keeping our core group of players together.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely he's part of the bigger picture puzzle, and has been for some time.
He's playing at one of the biggest, most successful clubs with a number of his close mates under a top coach......the media spinning shit speculating that of course other teams would be interested.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
said that the moment hodko signed with newcastle.....from that moment mbye and his manager have the dogs exactly where they want them, its a case of pay what they want of he goes elswhere

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion, however I do not agree with you regarding Sam Perrett. He played extremely well and was solid against the Rabbits.
One average game vs a string of bad ones.

I'd rather have Isaac DeGois on the wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If there is any truth to this story..what if Des is the one that wants the clause inserted? Did some Manly players no have the exact same clause when Des was coach?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If there is any truth to this story..what if Des is the one that wants the clause inserted? Did some Manly players no have the exact same clause when Des was coach?
still goes against club principles

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
still goes against club principles
Obviously. I don't support this clause, it is just that some of you just can't wait to smash Mbye over all these articles whe there could be absolutely no truth in them at all.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously. I don't support this clause, it is just that some of you just can't wait to smash Mbye over all these articles whe there could be absolutely no truth in them at all.
But as soon as its jr then free game hey hahaha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It begs another question.. Is the club considering moving Hasler on after his current contract?

By this I mean if Mbye signs on that he can leave if Hasler leaves, THEN unless the club is wanting to move Hasler on, he would be at the club anyway, and thus a Hasler clause in Mbyes contract wuld be null and void anyway.

Makes you wonder!! - Rumour Mill in 3...2.....1...

Master

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mbye wishes he was thurston
Who knew what Thurston was to become in 2004..... He was a young kid playing good footy... Now he's an immortal. There will never be anyone like Thurston but in 5-10years from now, there will be. Mbye could be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.