Moses Mbye’s four-year $2.5m deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Mbye and the club had hoped to have an official contract in place before Christmas.
While there are some minor details still to be sorted through before the deal is rubber-stamped, the Dogs have made it clear there will be no get-out clause should Hasler walk.
Just as Kieran Foran can leave Parramatta should coach Brad Arthur be moved on, Mbye wanted a similar arrangement with Hasler if he left Belmore before the end of 2020, the final year of Mbye’s proposed contract.
Mbye, 22, has a huge respect for Hasler, and the mastercoach clearly has a big opinion of the playmaker. Hasler even let NSW halfback Trent Hodkinson join Newcastle so Canterbury were best placed to retain Mbye.
The Daily Telegraph revealed last month Mbye would ignore rival offers and remain at the Dogs. There was talk of a three-year deal, but the whopping contract will be for four years.

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Moses Mbye and Josh Reynolds at Belmore Oval. Picture Gregg PorteousSource:News Corp Australia

Dogs officials, however, have since blocked any clause that could have allowed Mbye to follow Hasler.
It’s understood Mbye has accepted the club’s tough stance, and it’s not the reason the negotiations have dragged on.
Mbye enjoyed a huge start to last season with Canterbury, but his form suffered towards the back end of the year as speculation about his future beyond 2016 made no shortage of headlines.
Bulldogs fans will have plenty to be excited about when Mbye and good mate Josh Reynolds form the new-look halves pairing for next year.
The Dogs would be loathe to let another young Queensland leave the club, just as Johnathan Thurston was allowed return home north of the border more than a decade ago and become arguably the biggest star in rugby league.
Despite growing up on the Sunshine Coast, Mbye has enjoyed Sydney, and will remain in town for Christmas where he will continue to train on his own. There are expected to be representative incentives in the deal, with Mbye to challenge Ben Hunt and Daly Cherry-Evans for the right to replace ageing Queensland pair Cooper Cronk and Thurston in the coming years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Finally WoHo it's done now let's focuse on that grandfinal

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nope, still on that verge bro lol

Hasn't signed yet.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh
id be more excited about an mbye Chisholm halves pairing to be brutally honest

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
with Mbye to challenge Ben Hunt and Daly Cherry-Evans for the right to replace ageing Queensland pair Cooper Cronk and Thurston in the coming years
He has so far to go for this, it borders on ridiculous.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
I just hope he delivers ... We are putting a lot of faith in this kid

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is it with this trend that players want clauses in their contracts to break them if a coach leaves the club.
The club pays the wages , not the coach. Show some respect to your employer.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
as if contracts mean anything these days

If Mbye wants out of the contract with or without the clause , he will get out just like his predecessors form his 'part' of the world

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I just hope he delivers ... We are putting a lot of faith in this kid
I believe we have been left to "have faith" in Mbye by the club. I mean had the club been serious both Reynolds and TH would have been moved on and Mbye would have the halfback we need alongside him next year. Let's not forget that everyone on here is putting the pressure on the young rookie kid instead of the older Reynolds who has a Blue jersey in his cupboard. Pressure should be on Reynolds and Mbye should be warming in to his role over the next 2 years, remember Mbye will be playing out of position aswell.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
long time coming lets hope there are no late offers from other clubs.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is it with this trend that players want clauses in their contracts to break them if a coach leaves the club.
The club pays the wages , not the coach. Show some respect to your employer.
Players want to be coached by the best so that they can become the best. Players don't want to play under coaches like Jason Taylor

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
signing a rich 4 year deal sounds ideal for any player. by having all these clauses attached to them becomes a problem, clubs could lose good players through no fault of their own, if for some reason a coach decides to quit or retire.
plus does mbye really think hes in a position to be asking for these things, hes hardly on the same level as a cooper cronk or jonathon thurston, loyalty and honesty was lost long ago between players and clubs the moment managers started to work clubs over

personally i would have preferred mbye signed for 2 seasons with an option of a further 2, and 4 years straight up for a relatively unproven player is madness

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was him I'd go to Brisbane . They don't have a Salary cap up there what so ever

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was him I'd go to Brisbane . They don't have a Salary cap up there what so ever
HAHA so true ... Looks like the Broncs will field another State team yet they are still under the CAP somehow!!!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe we have been left to "have faith" in Mbye by the club. I mean had the club been serious both Reynolds and TH would have been moved on and Mbye would have the halfback we need alongside him next year. Let's not forget that everyone on here is putting the pressure on the young rookie kid instead of the older Reynolds who has a Blue jersey in his cupboard. Pressure should be on Reynolds and Mbye should be warming in to his role over the next 2 years, remember Mbye will be playing out of position aswell.
I have to agree with you GrogDog about to whom the pressure should be applied. But... Reynolds has got form re brain snapping penalties, suspensions and injuries and I think that the majority of Bulldogs fans think Mbye is a star of the near future. So, the pressure is being applied because we need him, not because of delays about contract clauses.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with you GrogDog about to whom the pressure should be applied. But... Reynolds has got form re brain snapping penalties, suspensions and injuries and I think that the majority of Bulldogs fans think Mbye is a star of the near future. So, the pressure is being applied because we need him, not because of delays about contract clauses.
Reynolds should be moved on ,period!

Status
Not open for further replies.