Moses Maybe ... Make your Mind Up :)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...g/news-story/94a213e0e2c0b14e41a42e4162994e7a

Moses Mbye exclusive column: ‘In the end it Dessie’s downfall’ — Mbye backs Hasler to excel in his Manly homecoming

October 25, 2018 7:58am
Moses Mbye
FOX SPORTS

I WAS thrilled to hear Dessie is back in the coaching seat.

Obviously when someone gives you something so significant like an NRL jersey you keep a special spot for him in your heart, and he was a great support to me personally as I transitioned from the train-on squad in 2012 to a regular first-grader under him at the Bulldogs.

And that’s what I think the Sea Eagles will get most out of his appointment, he’s a wonderful man manager, he really cares about his players.

The thing I found with Dessie is he’ll always back you no matter how bad you’re going, no matter how much you’re struggling.

But it wasn’t so much about my game. What made my opinion really strong of Des was around the time when I was having my first child.

I was pretty fresh into my NRL career, it was only early days, and I was having my first kid.

That’s probably when I realised just how much he cares for his players. The way he spoke to me about it, and the way he accommodated my new handful and new workload, he really helped me out at a tough time.

So, I think Manly having someone like Des, who’s a very good manager of people, is just what they need.

From the outside looking in, obviously I’ve never been to Manly, but it they’ve had a few dramas from different situations over the past 12 months and obviously people are unhappy with where the club’s at, including the players.

And as a leader Des is also very business-minded, so I think he’ll be really good for the brand in regards to getting the sponsorship on board and creating revenue around the club, I think he’ll do a really good job.

It’s unfortunate they’ll be starting more than $300,000 behind the cap, and I guess that’s going to be his biggest test. He’ll need to keep the players fit because of the roster problems they’re sure to have as a result.

But he is a brilliant coach, he’s very advanced in the game. He knows the way the game is going to go and that’s the way he coached.

I guess in the end it was probably his downfall when he was with us, because he was probably too far ahead of us.

We probably weren’t up to scratch with the way he wanted to do it, and it wasn’t working. He ended up getting punted on our bad performances.

No matter what style of football you bring, if you’re winning games, results fix everything.

But we weren’t getting results and when you’re not getting results it becomes pretty frustrating and emotional, and people start pointing fingers. And unfortunately he was the one who took the fall.

There’s been a fair bit of bad press about Dessie over the past 12 months with the drama the Bulldogs ended up in and player movement.

But I’m sure he’ll turn things around at Manly. He’s won two premierships there, he played there for years, he knows the place inside and out, so it’s his homecoming.

Hopefully he does enjoy some success, but not too much of course.

MEANWEILE IN FEB 2018

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/07/moses-mbye-relishes-change-from-des-hasler-habits/

Last edited by a moderator:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
‘In the end it Dessie’s downfall’ — Mbye

What?

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So reading between the lines... Mbye is not happy at the Tigers ( read that as McGiure is a better judge of players than Cleary) and will end up breaking his contract and go to Manly on a big fat back ended contract.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"I guess in the end it was probably his downfall when he was with us, because he was probably too far ahead of us.

We probably weren’t up to scratch with the way he wanted to do it, and it wasn’t working. He ended up getting punted on our bad performances."

No, we definitely appeared to be "up to scratch" with has-lice's master game plan of the same predictable set plays, dying with the ball on last tackle and tolman on the forth

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well obviously he backed you when you were going bad Moses because you've never been good but somehow have remained in first grade all these years

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Confirmed ..Des is a cult leader not an NRL Coach.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Moses Mbye could talk his way out of a root.
Probably had to many times with has-lice.

"ummm, Ahhh, Moses are you up for it today, I'm really toey"

Mbye: "sorry Dessy, maybe tomorrow when my head is in the game"

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably had to many times with has-lice.

"ummm, Ahhh, Moses are you up for it today, I'm really toey"

Mbye: "sorry Dessy, maybe tomorrow when my head is in the game"
And Moses wouldn't know his favourite position

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tigers fans get excited... Moses Mouthbye is already crapping on and it's not even the 2019 season.

If he continues at this rate he'll be exhausted before the trials.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Many hate Des but the players loved him.

None wanted to leave when playing under him.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score