Moses half a chance to be a gamechanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So Reynolds has Mbye snapping at his heels, who has Jaeleen Graham/Lindon McGrady/Dane Chisholm snapping at Mbyes heels, who have Guy Hamilton snapping at their heels.

Theres a few up and comers that show signs of being something special.
And then there's Will Kerr who may just be the pick of the bunch.

I see he has graduated to SG Ball this year, so a little way off yet but the wraps are enormous.

No pressure of course ;)

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And then there's Will Kerr who may just be the pick of the bunch.

I see he has graduated to SG Ball this year, so a little way off yet but the wraps are enormous.

No pressure of course ;)
Watch out for Will's brother, Wayne.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen of mbye and I've watched a lot of his games in u20s and fg he is overrated
Has a decent pass and a bit of speed in open space but everything is in slow motion much like Hodko but Hodko has more points in the board
If he replaces anyone it is Hodko for mine since mbye doesn't have a lot of attack to his game , doesn't break the line often, doesn't have a good long ball doesn't have a great kicking game
Although defensively he is great just shit attack
Do we really want to go backwards again in our attack and we are talking about replacing pretty much our best attacking player other than lafai in Reynolds with mbye who can't attack for shit?

We seem to quickly forget our biggest problem has been attack and yet we want to throw mbye in who hasn't shown much in the way of attack at all in the nines and all his fg games
Think back to Reynolds debut even early on and out of position he still made things happen

For mine Hodko is under pressure too slow for a halfback off the mark too many injuries and doesn't create any space outside himself

Our defense will win us games only if we can score 3 or more tries and at this stage we are struggling with that ,mbye is not the answer I haven't seen him blow open any game with his attack or put blokes away with an overlap

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what ive seen so far which isn't much I think Frawley offers more then Mbye!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Mbye is better than Reynolds or Hodkinson he will earn the respect of Hasler and take one of their positions eventually. I'm bored with all the debate about who should wear our 6 & 7 jersey. As far as I'm concerned arguing about it is like trying to change the direction of the breeze by farting in the opposite direction. All people are proving is that they can speak from their asses and they're full of wind. I include myself in this group and as such have tried to step away from what i see as a pointless debate that has gone round in more circles than someones favorite CD.

Hasler will choose the best players available to him regardless of how many people argue against them. If he recruits an established half I'm fine with that but I get the feeling he will guide a promising junior into the halves if he feels we need a change.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Mbye is better than Reynolds or Hodkinson he will earn the respect of Hasler and take one of their positions eventually. I'm bored with all the debate about who should wear our 6 & 7 jersey. As far as I'm concerned arguing about it is like trying to change the direction of the breeze by farting in the opposite direction. All people are proving is that they can speak from their asses and they're full of wind. I include myself in this group and as such have tried to step away from what i see as a pointless debate that has gone round in more circles than someones favorite CD.

Hasler will choose the best players available to him regardless of how many people argue against them. If he recruits an established half I'm fine with that but I get the feeling he will guide a promising junior into the halves if he feels we need a change.
Exactly this !
Haslers job rides on the team being successful. Hes not going to pick shit players because he has a man crush on them !
Remember this too, he's not judging players on a performance here or a tackle there, hes not selecting players on potential.
He sees these guys every day, he notes their attitude, their effort and their commitment. He selects the best person for the job required.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
from what ive seen of moses mbye hes not any better then what we already have and still needs quite a bit of work, his defensive game is a long way off being anything decent, his ball skills and direction of play needs a lot of work, he hogs the ball and has to learn its a team sport where he needs to look at points scored by the team and not the individual , the kid needs a couple more years in a lower grade where he can improve on what he has and hopefully make it to a level fitting the hype placed on him.

by comparing him to other players is not warranted he has his own style and is not trying to copy any one player
hes a work in progress and thats it

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I didn't rate Thurston at all when he was at the Bulldogs. In fact I despised everytime he was even named on the team list. Well that came back to bite us up the arse letting him go.
How could you not have rated him? I turned up to watch reserve grade just to watch him. He was on a different level to everybody on the field.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How could you not have rated him? I turned up to watch reserve grade just to watch him. He was on a different level to everybody on the field.
No one could have predicted how JT was going to turn out no matter what grade JT played in in those days al I know our club made a decision on keeping a disloyal dud and made the wrong choice at that time.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one could have predicted how JT was going to turn out no matter what grade JT played in in those days al I know our club made a decision on keeping a disloyal dud and made the wrong choice at that time.
Thurston has more talent and skills than dudnasta. I want to know what our club was thinking at the time we got rid of Thurston

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
from what ive seen of moses mbye hes not any better then what we already have and still needs quite a bit of work, his defensive game is a long way off being anything decent, his ball skills and direction of play needs a lot of work, he hogs the ball and has to learn its a team sport where he needs to look at points scored by the team and not the individual , the kid needs a couple more years in a lower grade where he can improve on what he has and hopefully make it to a level fitting the hype placed on him.

by comparing him to other players is not warranted he has his own style and is not trying to copy any one player
hes a work in progress and thats it
Reading your post makes me question whether you've actually seen or been paying attention when he's played

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reading your post makes me question whether you've actually seen or been paying attention when he's played
Actually I have to agree.

He still has a LONG way to go, and there are others right behind him ready to make a push for first grade and leap frog him.

Guys like Frawley (who has suprised me with how high up the order hes jumped), will push for Mbyes spot.

Then there are guys like Lindon McGrady, Guy Hamilton, Jaeleen Graham, Damien Cook who aren't far off Mbye either.

Mbye's biggest problem is that he's been shifted from position to position to position and hasn't been allowed (or coached) to settle into one position and go from there.

Just as he starts in the halves someone shifts him to hooker.
Just as he starts at hooker someone shifts him to the centres.
Just as he starts in the centres someone shifts him to the wing.
Just as he starts on the wing someone shifts him back into the halves.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
actually i have to agree.

He still has a long way to go, and there are others right behind him ready to make a push for first grade and leap frog him.

Guys like frawley (who has suprised me with how high up the order hes jumped), will push for mbyes spot.

Then there are guys like lindon mcgrady, guy hamilton, jaeleen graham, damien cook who aren't far off mbye either.

Mbye's biggest problem is that he's been shifted from position to position to position and hasn't been allowed (or coached) to settle into one position and go from there.

Just as he starts in the halves someone shifts him to hooker.
Just as he starts at hooker someone shifts him to the centres.
Just as he starts in the centres someone shifts him to the wing.
Just as he starts on the wing someone shifts him back into the halves.
bingo dead right!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.