Mortimer kills the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be honest i am sick of hearing about mortimer, yes he has had a couple of good games. But how much is he milking his surname!!! and f_ck does his father have to be in every interview?? I'm sick of reading about how he is the son of a former bulldogs great this single fact is being used to hype up evey single little thing he does and is also being used to up his asking price! He is never leaving parra the threat of him returning to "daddys" club is bullshiit he is just using it for more money. Take away the hype and free publicity and lets see how he goes playing a full season in FG and deals with 2nd year syndrome
x2

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His old man Peter Mortimer the Bulldogs " legend" and life member was certainly enjoying himself in the eells dressing room after the game wearing his blue/gold tie.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His old man Peter Mortimer the Bulldogs " legend" and life member was certainly enjoying himself in the eells dressing room after the game wearing his blue/gold tie.
Peter Mortimer is an idiot. He bled Blue & White and now he carries on in the Parramatta sheds with their players and it's pathetic.

I hope he never calls himself a Canterbury supporter again...unless Daniel comes to us.:D

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I have nothing but respect and admiration for Peter Mortimer.

For his accomplsihments on the field in our jersey.
And for his accomplishments as a father, shielding his son from unwanted attention in order to keep him grounded.

As painful as it may be to admit, a few short seasons ago, our club was NO environment for up and coming footballers like Daniel.

They can wear whatver they like - But their hearts still bleed blue and white !

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah his hear bleeds blue and white when its not bleeding blue and gold.

And I dont buy the bulls.hit about himshielding his son from the bad environmenat at Bulldogs. The Eels were no short of their alcholic pop pilling troublemakers either.
Peter Mortimer sent his son to Parra because he wasnt happy how Turvey was treated a few years ago and they didnt think much of Folkes's coaching and developing him asa player.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
how many times have we heard about their f_cking winery?? i mean who gives a shiit?? If his dad wasn't peter mortimer would he be getting the wraps he is currently getting?

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't you read. You can't remove and treat a players blood then reinject it in any way, shape or form, unless it is for medical reasons (dialysis or blood transfusion, etc).
I think you're confusing blood doping to what the Eels have admitted to doing. They admitted to Platlet Rich Plasma therapy which is perfectly legal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/17/sports/17blood.html

Two of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ biggest stars, Hines Ward and Troy Polamalu, used their own blood in an innovative injury treatment before winning the Super Bowl. At least one major league pitcher, about 20 professional soccer players and perhaps hundreds of recreational athletes have also undergone the procedure, commonly called platelet-rich plasma therapy.
And you can't say the Eels were sketchy with the details. They admitted to what they had done. If they were lying and did something else it is up to ASADA to find that out. Just like if any other player was taking a performance enhancing drug.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think you're confusing blood doping to what the Eels have admitted to doing. They admitted to Platlet Rich Plasma therapy which is perfectly legal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/17/sports/17blood.html

And you can't say the Eels were sketchy with the details. They admitted to what they had done. If they were lying and did something else it is up to ASADA to find that out. Just like if any other player was taking a performance enhancing drug.
Okay spoke to family member about this last night actually in quite a bit more depth. Technically it is illegal and banned, however the grey area is where the "filtered" blood is then reinjected into.

Because filtering the blood can also remove properties which are markers for drug / steriod abuse, it is generally frowned upon.

Having said this (and this is what he cleared up). It is still legal to do, as long as the filtered blood is not placed back directly into the blood stream. In other words injecting the blood directly into an injured body part (at least at present), is still legal. But say you filtered it then it was reinjected into a patients blood system, then there could be a problem.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well in my life time I never thought I'd see a legancy come back to bit the dogs. How could the Dogs never have seen the possible talent this kid has?Parra's gain for sure. Its hard to take it when a great name like "Mortimer" and Parra are mentioned in the same breath.

I'll have words for sure with Turvey next time I see him at Bangor Tavern.
If you drink with players as you say, how is it you dont know that we did offer Mortimer more money than the Eels did a few years ago, but under advice of a relative who wasnt happy with the culture at the Dogs when Mason, Maitua and the other hectics were here, he went to the Eels. And now hes made friends there God bless his cotton socks, and he doesnt want to leave.

Not much we can do that we havent tried already.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He is a good lil player but he can stay on the other side for all i care.. fu3k da kk****..
he can be a gun player but all dat matters is a bulldog he shall never beeeeeeeee... =)

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
He has already been infected with Parrascum faggatoryness so they can keep him.

Dogz_07

Waterboy
Reaction score
for everyone bagging him and his father out stfu. as much as u hate parra the mortimers will always be welcome to the dogs for what they did at the bulldogs. if peter is guilty of anything its wanting the best for his son. look at what hapennd to mitchel pearce hanging out wif drug addicts and d1ckheads at roosters. he didnt want daniel to be a part of that sort of culture. good luck to him and hopefully he can make a name for himself elsewhere before returning to the club that made his dad famous

Last edited by a moderator:

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
for everyone bagging him and his father out stfu. as much as u hate parra the mortimers will always be welcome to the dogs for what they did at the bulldogs. if chris is guilty of anything its wanting the best for his son. look at what hapennd to mitchel pearce hanging out wif drug addicts and d1ckheads at roosters. he didnt want daniel to be a part of that sort of culture. good luck to him and hopefully he can make a name for himself elsewhere before returning to the club that made his dad famous
It's Peter Mortimers son not Chris but I agree. He was doing what he thought was best for his son and now supports him when he plays. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. He still says he will always be a Bulldog through and through and hasn't turned his back on the club.

If footy was all about being loyal to your dads team then we wouldnt have Morris or Goodwin so we can't be cut when the son of one of our greats is playing somewhere else.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
for everyone bagging him and his father out stfu. as much as u hate parra the mortimers will always be welcome to the dogs for what they did at the bulldogs. if chris is guilty of anything its wanting the best for his son. look at what hapennd to mitchel pearce hanging out wif drug addicts and d1ckheads at roosters. he didnt want daniel to be a part of that sort of culture. good luck to him and hopefully he can make a name for himself elsewhere before returning to the club that made his dad famous
You have no idea mate. You dont even know his fathers name for starters, its Peter not Chris.

Youre right though Peter Mortimer wanted the best for his son. He decided to send him to Parra because he thought the environment was perfect there. At the time Mortimer signed for Parra Hayne was dodging bullets at Kings Cross and Tim Ssmith was getting sloshed and arrested regularly.

Dogz_07

Waterboy
Reaction score
You have no idea mate. You dont even know his fathers name for starters, its Peter not Chris.

Yeah youre right Peter Mortimer wanted theh best for his son. He decided to send him to Parra because he thought the environment was perfect there. At the time Mortimer signed for Parra Hayne was dodging bullets at Kings Cross at the time and Tim smith was getting sloshed and arrested regularly.
for starters i made a msitake with the name, secondly daniels been at parra for a few years now. this happened last yr not wen peter brought his son over u idiot

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Youre a deadset goose....his dads name is Peter not Chris. You must have a blow up doll called Chris and cant get the name out of your mind it seems.

And youre right Mortimer has been there a few years so his dad would have known very well of the incidents going on there .Tim Smith was in the media for the wrong reasons well before last year.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We are BULLDOGS!!!! we love who is with us and fu3k those againest us!!!!! this also go's for that lil rat playing for a team who has not won a GF in over 20years and nothing is going to change this coming sunday.....

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
no no no no he's not living off the family name is he??? find an article or interview about him where his father was not also interviewed or mentioned............ let him play a full season in the NRL before you daniel mortimer "bandwagoners" get too excited wait till he gets targeted, wait till he's been under pressure for his spot in the team and see how he reacts, atm he's been dropped into a team hitting great form and only played afew weeks i want to see how he goes after 26 weeks of a grinding season

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i think some of you guys are being very harsh towards peter mortimer...

i seen him today at leichardt with his son daniel and turvey mortimer... Peter Mortimer was wearing his bulldogs gear today instead of the parramatta gear.

Daniel was great to talk to... he is very open and willing to talk as long as you dont act like a ******** towards him.

And turvey always a legend that he is is more then happy for you to chat to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.