Morris twins concede Bulldogs’ salary cap situation likely to force them out of the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most clubs would probably qualify for the concession (except maybe the Titans?) so i'd imagine its just chucked into the total when working our player payments.
This is the guideline for payment-
$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

So both Morris’s, Tolman, Eastwood and Foran qualify.

Last edited:

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is everyone talking like everything they read in the media is fact?

This story is only alive because it's getting click s and selling headlines.
Like I said in another thread, the numbers don’t add up for our cap to be as bad as has been reported.

What the F@&k does Paul Kent know, he talks nonsense most of the time.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the guideline for payment-
$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

So both Morris’s, Tolman, Eastwood and Foran qualify.
Ok so we would still get the allowance via Foran next year! There you go.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id like to see olive/holland combo to replace them

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I still don't understand why long serving players or juniors don't get a % of their salary exempt from the cap. It's a much better system than the crap they have now.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Why is everyone talking like everything they read in the media is fact?

This story is only alive because it's getting click s and selling headlines.
It's not great mate Trust me. Maybe not as bad as reported but not pretty.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My club just continues to drive nails into my heart.

I can not begin to describe how much I HATE Hasler, Cleal, Castle and Dib for what those ***** did to my club.

To be honest, things I’ve heard about the new board, I’m not overly excited about our prospects with them as well.

I’ll continue to watch our former captain probably win or go close to winning a premiership whilst us fucktards are contributing to his pay.

I haven’t been to a game for so long and to be honest, I have no ambition to these days - and YES, I am a true fan who has been hardcore or nearly 40 years. Never been this depressed about them and that includes Coffs Harbour initial innuendo and our Salary Cap breaches....
I agree with everything you said except that part about the new board. The new board have done nothing wrong mate. Give them a go!

I can tell you they are doing everything possible to get us out of this mess. They’ve inherited a lot of crap that they have to fix. Unfortunately we don’t live in a fairy tale world where they can just click their fingers and everything is ok. It’s gonna take a lot of time and it may get worse before it gets better.

Believe you me, the way the situation is at the moment, you can put the best directors in the world on the board or get Bellamy as coach and we’ll still be in this situation thanks to Dib, Des and Castle. They killed us mate!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, the numbers don’t add up for our cap to be as bad as has been reported.

What the F@&k does Paul Kent know, he talks nonsense most of the time.
It’s not that bad as what the media make it out to be, but the board do have some tough challenges ahead.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I would love to know, if all our players are on back ended contracts, where was the money from the last few years cap going??? It just doesn’t add up

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If it didn’t have some truth to it. The club would have knocked it on the head months ago. The players believe it is an issue and haven’t been assured otherwise.

We are up shit creek. Just how far up the creek is the question.
Our clubs too busy with cringeworthy promos, and a board working on their own self interests to address the real issues. Unless there is nothing to announce.

I bet nothing is answered at the members forum on Thursday.

Like I said in another thread, the numbers don’t add up for our cap to be as bad as has been reported. What the F@&k does Paul Kent know, he talks nonsense most of the time.
Exactly ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The depressing part is Holland will most likely take one spot in the back line next year, hopefully Olive can step up.
Why is that depressing?

Thats one of the potential upsides of this if it was to happen.

All we need to do is sign them at 300k next year then 500k backended in 2020. issue solved

Status
Not open for further replies.