Morris retires from Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using it as 1 point in a long list of points.

He has been a massive disappointment and a dud buy. Terrible value for money. I would take so many wingers in the game ahead of him atm when considering the salary cap.

I'm not suprised with his massive downfall as i expected this when we first signed him. The signs were already showing. Also put rep footy ahead of the club.
Terrible value for money as a winger i'd have to agree but hows he had a massive downfall? hes still one of the best wingers in the game and had a great origin series. He put the dogs first last year when they mentioned him for origin. As if you'd turn down 30k a game to play for your state

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Made Origin this year and was our best back besides Tedesco.
Maybe but if Mansour, Turbo and a few others were fit he wouldn't have been picked. And then he got picked for game 2 and 3 because they didn't want to play around with the team. There was no way he was getting picked next year. I'm not talking about his past which you can't deny, but in 2017 there are far better backs around than him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jmoz is still the best defensive centre in the game, and Bmoz one of the best attacking wingers.

Both Morris brothers hwoever, have been starved of the ball in our team. Get them alongside a decent halves player, and get them early ball and they will return to devestating best.

Good decision. He's bagged all the accolades he needs, and I reckon the Morris twins would love to see out their careers with a Bulldogs Premiership.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maybe but if Mansour, Turbo and a few others were fit he wouldn't have been picked. And then he got picked for game 2 and 3 because they didn't want to play around with the team. There was no way he was getting picked next year. I'm not talking about his past which you can't deny, but in 2017 there are far better backs around than him.
Mansour was crap last year in Origin and isn't good enough. Turbo and Gutherson should be in for Dugan and Fergo

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mansour was crap last year in Origin and isn't good enough. Turbo and Gutherson should be in for Dugan and Fergo
I agree that those players should be in but I think they will replace Ferguson and B-Moz. I know you're a fan of Hayne but I don't think he should be in the side next year either.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that this is a bit weird to say the least..

The Bulldogs are coming 13th on the NRL ladder, but have three repping in the Origin series. Of them Brett Morris and David Klemmer were two of the best on field with Josh Jackson giving the best he could as he always does no matter who he is playing against.

Who should we ask why this is? Des or the players?
We are 13th on the ladder because we have:-
1. Lowest tries scored per game in the NRL.
2. 2nd lowest line breaks in the NRL.
3. 3rd lowest tackle busts in the NRL.

Our attack is shit, as we all know.
I do yhink it is no confidence and probably over coaching.

I noticed against Newcastle a lot of players had no confidence to pass the ball, and died with it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tough year for Morris. He barely sees any early ball in this Bulldogs side. He then makes the Origin team which has him playing with the best NSW has to offer but gets paired with ball hog, defensive turnstile in the centres Hayne.

Great player, I still think he has alot to offer at the Dogs, happy to see him finish out his contract and go from there.

He is a classy player and knows when it's time to go unlike Gallen, Bird, Daley and co.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt, it happens to the best of athletes in any sport. But he still dropped it when he should of swallowed it. This is just another mark against him in his massive downfall.
B Morris never let anyone down, he will go down as one of the great wingers of the NRL and he has been one of our shining lights in a lean period in his time with us.

Sure, he's had his fair share of injuries but he's given his State and the Bulldogs his best and we are a much better team with him in it. Well done on a great rep career BMozzle!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree that those players should be in but I think they will replace Ferguson and B-Moz. I know you're a fan of Hayne but I don't think he should be in the side next year either.
I guarantee you that if Hayne plays right edge instead of left he plays much much much better.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmoz is still the best defensive centre in the game, and Bmoz one of the best attacking wingers.

Both Morris brothers hwoever, have been starved of the ball in our team. Get them alongside a decent halves player, and get them early ball and they will return to devestating best.

Good decision. He's bagged all the accolades he needs, and I reckon the Morris twins would love to see out their careers with a Bulldogs Premiership.
So true. There is no doubt if JMoz was at right centre we win the origin series in straight sets. Those fools Dugan and Ferguson were no better than traffic cones in all the games.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I guarantee you that if Hayne plays right edge instead of left he plays much much much better.
Much much better if he is left right out, hayne ain't the same player he once was, those days are long gone. Bring in a genuine centre, someone that plays in that position week in week out, dylan walker or james roberts would have been better options.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He wouldn't be picked next year anyway so who cares

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Congrats on a fantastic rep career Bmoz. You have given your all for your state and country, and have proven to be on of the best wingers in the world for many years.
YYou may be coming to the end of your career, but i still think you have something left to give. Fingers crossed you can remain injury free now and give us bulldogs fans something to cheer about.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's been a dud buy too. He's played fuck all and this year he's been shite as.

I don't think he should retire from NRL completely but he has been a dud buy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
CLOSED FOR CLEANUP ... A few people may be removed from posting in this thread.

EDIT: Thread cleaned and one user banned from replying to the thread.

Last edited:

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the best rep wingers in the game over the last decade. A consistent player who didn't fade out quickly despite his injuries.

The criticism in here is out of control.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I note he didnt say what most do on such an occasion that he nows looks forward to putting all is efforts into his club side...??...not being critical just note worthy...i think the whole squad hates being here right now...

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love the Morris boys but I think they should both retire from the nrl they are becoming like the rest of the team INEFFECTIVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.