Morris held back

Status
Not open for further replies.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could of get a penalty on halfway and iced the game with a field goal or try

If this happens to the Cowboys Thurston would have had a hissy fit and in all the papers and on the news they would have called it a conspiracy. But it's us so it will just be swept under the rug

Also am just as pissed at mbye and lichaa missing the tackle in the first place

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, I totaly agree with everything you said but at the end of the day to can't expect to play one decent half and expect to win.

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm actually ok with this call, not like morris would have caught him anyways ffs. fu*k origin. fu*k the cowboys soft tries.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arguable that he also was holding on the other guy. Probably a 50/50 call

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost the game in the first half.... Our trys were suspect, one an intercept which involved no attacking from our team..... We lack as a team...

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[hQUOTE=fingerman;2968719]I'm actually ok with this call, not like morris would have caught him anyways ffs. fu*k origin. fu*k the cowboys soft tries.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean Morris was right there when Morgan scored was right behind him if he had those 3 extra seconds that he was held back he would have got to him

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sets a dangerous precedent. What if it was Brett Morris being held back? Or James Roberts? Another NRL **** up imo. What's going to stop any player from holding someone back

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more angry that if it happens to the cows it would have been the biggest controversy of all time

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sets a dangerous precedent. What if it was Brett Morris being held back? Or James Roberts? Another NRL **** up imo. What's going to stop any player from holding someone back
bad call but it doesnt change how we played or play. Its looking like the 3rd season in a row where we just scrape into the 8 but I dont know if we will this time as the raiders and dragons have come good.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to play 80 minutes of footy not one good half. We were holding the Cows well in the first half without any major attacking raids, just solid defence trying to grind them down. Two really soft tries to them in the last ten minutes of the half and we are staring down the barrel of a 12-0 score line.

Second half and we start to play some footy. Sixteen unanswered points. Gets to the last 10 minutes, one soft try to get them level and then they score to take the lead.

Now some may say there was nothing in it, just two players jostling for the ball but I tell you there was one player on the field who definitely did not want the video ref to have a look at the incident and that was JT who ran straight to the ref and got in his face, hustling him and hoping he would not ask for a review of the play because he was worried the try would be disallowed. Morris was definitely held back and the player who scored ran right to the area where JMoz was and through the defensive line. Morris was not given a fair chance to make a tackle attempt, not to say he would have made a tackle but that decision was taken away from him. Have seen this incident many times in the past penalised and try decision overturned, unfortunately not tonight.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bad call but it doesnt change how we played or play. Its looking like the 3rd season in a row where we just scrape into the 8 but I dont know if we will this time as the raiders and dragons have come good.
It's round 9 bro plenty of time we had a similar record at this time in 2012 so all we need is to sign another inu and go on a huge winning streak

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's round 9 bro plenty of time we had a similar record at this time in 2012 so all we need is to sign another inu and go on a huge winning streak
Sign that kid that ran through the brick wall!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember early this year jmoz was penalised for a little bump on the player when opposition player was going for the ball. I am talking a little bump, not holding the jersey for few seconds. This is again fcked up double standards from refs.

What were the odds from sportsbet for cowboys win?

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Dont think he was any chance of catching Morgan BUT he was 100% held back so what is the rule?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True but we are playing more like we did in 2013 and 14 for me to think we are going to go on a 12 game win streak. With origin coming up it doesnt look any easier either with players missing, we are going to have to start winning soon or it will be to late.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if Morris couldn't stop the try might have affected where he scored and if thurston kicked the conversion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Morris was held back and when the ball was grounded for a try Morris was standing a metre away from him so he could have made it there and it was enough to consider it a no try.

But the Jackson try was a double movement so it equaled out. The only issue I had was that after the game they spend a long time talking about the Jackson try and how the Cowboys were almost robbed but ignored the Morris hold back.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Morris is a speedstar.. if he wasn't held back I think he would have stopped him. Despite being held back, he wasn't too far away from Morgan at the end.. another 10-20m and Morris would have had him.
Morris doesnt have anywhere near the pace he used to have so its not certain he would of caught him

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The argument of Morris not being able to catch him is bullshit. He was right there with him at the end and would have caught him for sure.

That's 2 games now Morris should have been given a penalty at the death of the game for us to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.