Quaid said:
same deal as the Danny Williams cheapshot on Mark O'Neil

the ban wont have any effect in the U.K
**** that then, he wouldn't give 2 ****s

he probably wants anything to get away from that **** club

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
i actually which he stayed on so the doggies players would've smashed the **** out of him, or if he had done it to mason so he could knock him out and we could say to him " YOU GOT KNOCKED THE ****KK OUT "

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hma said:
i actually which he stayed on so the doggies players would've smashed the **** out of him, or if he had done it to mason so he could knock him out and we could say to him " YOU GOT KNOCKED THE ***KK OUT "
You've been watching too much Friday. :D

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SYDNEY Roosters forward Adrian Morley was last night "devastated" at confronting a massive 18-match suspension, ending his controversial NRL career and potentially finishing his Test career.

Morley was sent off by referee Jarred Maxwell in the 68th minute of Saturday's match for kneeing Bulldogs hooker Corey Hughes.

The Daily Telegraph understands Morley will not have his offence graded and will be referred directly to the NRL judiciary.

The NRL match review committee will this morning compare Morley's incident with that of Cronulla player Greg Bird, who was suspended for 10 matches in 2004 for kneeing Souths winger Shane Marteene.

Some at the NRL believe Morley's knee was thrust in a more aggressive manner than Bird and that this incident happened outside of play.

Bird was outed for 10 games, meaning Morley is looking at a ban of between 14 and 18 games.

Morley was not talking yesterday but his manager Andrew Purcell said: "Adrian is devastated. We won't be saying too much until after we know about the charge.

"But (a long suspension) would be tragic. I'd hate to think he would finish up like this and that this would overshadow the legacy he built up over the past five years.

"It wasn't a fantastic look. It was a brain explosion that came out of frustration. Everyone has brain explosions – just that when it happens to Adrian Morley, it is more under the spotlight."

The Roosters will miss the finals this season – meaning Morley will not play again in Australia.

With a huge suspension, Morley will also miss representing Great Britain in November's Tri-Nations in Australia.

And Morley's deal with English Super League club Warrington may end up in jeopardy if he is to miss about 12 games next season – half the season.

The incident happened after Hughes played the ball and Morley was at marker during the Bulldogs' 25-0 win at Telstra Stadium.

He was sent off on a touch judge's report.

If referred, Morley will not have any loading.

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said any NRL suspension would carry over to Test and Super League rugby league.

"All countries that play rugby league recognise each other's suspensions," Annesley said.

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes described the Morley incident as "strange" while Test forward Willie Mason said it was a "brain explosion."

"Hopefully they can take some leniency on him," Mason said.

But that is unlikely.

Morley has already been suspended 10 times since arriving in Australia from Leeds in 2001.

Former teammate Luke Ricketson was at a loss to explain the incident yesterday.

"Let's hope he was striking for the ball. The emotion got to him and there's a bit of frustration come out," Ricketson said.
The thug is getting what he deserves.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I still can't understand why he did it? I think the funniest part of the incident is seeing Utai's face on the sideline LOL

jig73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Morely in my opinion has just paid back the Roosters for their deel with Nate, and dare I say it Shrek. He will now leave the club bieng paid in full, leaving the team in even a worst position, and laughing all the way to the bank with his lucerative ESL deal. I couldn't be happier. Roosters wreap what you sew!

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
Keefy said:
I still can't understand why he did it? I think the funniest part of the incident is seeing Utai's face on the sideline LOL
lol yeah Utai's face was funny. Well it looks like Adrian Morley's NRL career is over.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I heard that his defence will be that "Corey had it coming to him" .... he will be calling several Bulldog fans in his defence. :grinning:

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Bulldogs fans... geez he wants us to defend him.. LMAO... that's the joke of the season... ;)

As for Players, as if... Mason and Asotasi won't defend Morley for $1million Dollars.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Brissy Bulldog said:
I heard that his defence will be that "Corey had it coming to him" .... he will be calling several Bulldog fans in his defence. :grinning:
Do I see any of you guys taking up that offer?​
AS IF!!!
(would I be correct?)​

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Bernster said:
Do I see any of you guys taking up that offer?​
AS IF!!!
(would I be correct?)​

They will play a series of video clips of Corey giving away penalties at crucial stages and then ask you "Now tell me you wouldn't want to knee him the guts as well" ? :grinning:

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
There is no way im going to sit here and make excuses for Morley. This time he just lost the plot. What he did was wrong & he should be punished for it.

The thing that Annoys me

Morley has been playing all year with a F***** up wrist (which he said he would wait till the end of the year to have fixed and miss the tri nations so he could try to HELP us good luck).

He really is the only one who has been showing any passion and the only one i can look at and say he is trying his best. I don't think Morley did it to get back at East's ( he could of at any time stopped playing to get his wrist fixed) & to be honest after the way Easts treated him offering him that insult of a one year deal i wouldnt have been suprised if he had surgery earlier in the year so he could play Tri nations.

The fact is he turned that down to help us out. I dont know why the club showed him no loyatly what so ever so i don't know why he bothered trying to show is back. I guess he only did it because of the fans. Morley is a loyal bloke & ill be fighting back tears seeing him go...

He does deserve a suspension but because of the things i said above i will not lose any respect for him.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Titanium Doggie said:
Bulldogs fans... geez he wants us to defend him.. LMAO... that's the joke of the season... ;)

As for Players, as if... Mason and Asotasi won't defend Morley for $1million Dollars.
I think if it had of been any one else Mason would have punched them out. Mason did not really defend Morley but asked the NRL not to be too tuff on him. Mason did not have to do that and as a Easts fan i really appreciate him saying so.

Things like that make me like players like Mason.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Morley acted on Ricky Stuart's instructions to act as a jackass so the pressure of non performance is not focussed totally on Ricky.

Morley has cashed in his citizenship and about to board BA Flight 1 to London.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Brissy Bulldog said:
I assume that Morley's indiscretion on Hughes was to teach him not to give cheap penalties. Hughes is guilty of it. No doubt. However no one can say that Hughes gives/takes cheap shops on the opposition.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
If he did it to someone like Hazem i would of been really upset with him

I dont care he did it to hughes all i care about is the fact i wont see him in a easts jersey again and it kills me. However thats what happens when you do silly things like that.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bashman said:
With his record, I think he will get 15 weeks. 10 for the knee plus a loading for prior offences.

And no, he has to serve his suspension in ESL as well.
If they are fair dinkim he should get more thay that!

Greg Birds Knee on Shane Marteene was no where near as bad. His was a first offence and he got 10weeks. At least he was involved in the play at the time.

I think 15 weeks should be the penalty based on the Greg Bird one. Plus Plus Plus!
for his previous offences. Another 9weeks to make it the equivilant of an NRL SEASON!

All this repoting that he is a great bloke. What a load of BullS##t! He is a common thug & needs to be gone from the game! If he is such a gentle giant off the field thats where he should stay.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quaid said:
same deal as the Danny Williams cheapshot on Mark O'Neil

the ban wont have any effect in the U.K

thats where you are wrong, match bans are counted in NRL, ARL, NSWRL, QRL and the super league in England...

so if he cops a 16 match ban, he will not be able to play 10 matches next season with any team, so i sort of feel sorry for him as his future club might pull the plug on his contract..

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
CMP Morley did not knee the player in the head

However Bird was preforming a tackle Morley wasn't & morley has a bad record...

Pretty different IMO

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CMP said:
All this repoting that he is a great bloke. What a load of BullS##t! He is a common thug & needs to be gone from the game! If he is such a gentle giant off the field thats where he should stay.
YES!!

I dont care if his the pope off the field, he's a thug on the field and thats all that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.