Morgan Harper

Malla

Reaction score
Any updates on Harper? I heard he contracted the corona virus from sitting on the bench in the cold yesterday.

Malla

Reaction score
It was dumb from dean pay to put him on the bench, but I don’t rate him at all anyway.
I don't rate him either.

But lets pick him, put him on the bench, and let him sit there as opposed to putting someone on the bench you are going to use. Dean Pay 101 coaching.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't rate him either.

But lets pick him, put him on the bench, and let him sit there as opposed to putting someone on the bench you are going to use. Dean Pay 101 coaching.
You lose a centre to suspension (who is actually a winger). So you bring in a winger To replace him. Put your winger who had his best game at the club last week at centre. And bring in a centre on the bench.

Pull off the opposite side centre for 10 mins. Then bring him back on while replacing him with his winger. And playing the bench centre at the end of the game.

Not sure what pay is doing. But it feels like he has lost his marbles.

Malla

Reaction score
One thing from the game that is necessary. Foran and Averillo must be the halves.
The other halves are not up to it.
100%. Averillo is a great runner of the ball. Showed glimpses yesterday.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You lose a centre to suspension (who is actually a winger). So you bring in a winger To replace him. Put your winger who had his best game at the club last week at centre. And bring in a centre on the bench.

Pull off the opposite side centre for 10 mins. Then bring him back on while replacing him with his winger. And playing the bench centre at the end of the game.

That's assuming he's had all his marbles at some stage.
Pay took on this job knowing he was on a hiding to nothing with the players available and salary cap position.
His recruitment has been poor and his selections puzzle almost everyone.
It's time to go Dean and support staff.

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
Averillo shits on him
Well you won't have to bother with him after this season. That's til he plays against the dogs next year and kicks arse. Just saying.

Last edited:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing from the game that is necessary. Foran and Averillo must be the halves.
The other halves are not up to it.
Both Foran and Averillo seem like running 5/8s. Wakeham would be the perfect partner to either of them as an organising halfback.

I’d have:

6. Foran
7. Wakeham

14. Averillo (can cover a number of positions)

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
in reserve grade?
I dont think so but he will have to prove himself. At least if he does prove himself he will get game time as Pay never really gave him the opportunity. Des know Harper - didnt he bring him over when he was 15. Just saying.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have to be tough. Harper needs to see out year in reserve grade. He is unproven in first grade and we don’t want to do des any favours by instilling valuable first grade experience in the youngster.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Perfect summary how lost pay is

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
That's assuming he's had all his marbles at some stage.
Pay took on this job knowing he was on a hiding to nothing with the players available and salary cap position.
His recruitment has been poor and his selections puzzle almost everyone.
It's time to go Dean and support staff.
Pay doesn't recruit, committee recruits which pay has input. He does select wingers or centres on the bench though, does play forwards for to long and not give his bench enough minutes. He does select to many players out of position then there are favourite players who are Reggie's at best Lewis, JMK, Lewis, Britt, oh did I mention the golden child Lewis. Fuck me it's depressing.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think so but he will have to prove himself. At least if he does prove himself he will get game time as Pay never really gave him the opportunity. Des know Harper - didnt he bring him over when he was 15. Just saying.

How do you give a centre game time if a club has 2 better centres ahead of you?

run1500

Waterboy
Reaction score
How do you give a centre game time if a club has 2 better centres ahead of you?
As i said he will need to prove himself. Des knows him and what he is capable of. The ball is in Harpers court and I have faith in him. You ask the question around two better centres. I ask you- how can pay put Smith in at Centre when he has not proved himself. Harper should have been ahead of Smith but no Pay had.different ideas. No wonder Harper left and why wouldn't he go to a club that's been after him

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe someone has hacked his Magic 8 Ball...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to be tough. Harper needs to see out year in reserve grade. He is unproven in first grade and we don’t want to do des any favours by instilling valuable first grade experience in the youngster.
By reserve grade you mean no games at all? ;)

Two first grade games is very limited time to make an impression and you certainly won't make an impression if your backside is cemented to the reserves bench...