moore should employ some changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why he doesn't throw idris into 2nd row! hes played there a few times and has played better in there then what he has playing centre.. Barba to the halves and flip a coin on who gets axed out of hodkinson and keating

WHOS with me!

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps i want greg eastwood back.. i dont know who this imposterlookalike is playing for us at the moment but its definately not eastwood. He must of gotten really lazy in the UK.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Kev could start by introducing the players to each other. I'm not sure they are too familiar with each other atm.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Just move up fast in defence and hit the opposition. Sick to death of them taking 1 step forward off the line and getting steam rolled. MOVE UP FFS!
Get rid of the 1 out garbage, we are not winning anyway so let them throw the ball around and offload.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just move up fast in defence and hit the opposition. Sick to death of them taking 1 step forward off the line and getting steam rolled. MOVE UP FFS!
Get rid of the 1 out garbage, we are not winning anyway so let them throw the ball around and offload.
yeah mate, i agree. i think we all just want to see effort in defense. at the moment we are hanging back waiting for the opposition to hit the line. to top it off noone at all is putting hits on. frustrating to watch.

at this stage theres nothing to lose so i agree that we should just go offload crazy like the eels of 2009.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well things cant get much worse. Definately worth making changes imo.

I would go with:

1. Turner
2. Lett
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Wright
6. Barba
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Ryan
11. Idris
12. Pritchard
13. Stagg

14. Eastwood
15. Millington
16. Payne
17. Halatau

Would move Barba into the halves because of his instinct. The amount of tries he has scored from intercepts is crazy and I believe the way he plays 5/8 in attack is no different to the way he plays fullback in attack, just less kicking at fullback. The change has nothing to do with what happened the other night, Im a big fan of him and he doesnt have many bad games, all players have bad games and he will learn from it.

I'd move Idris into the back because of his poor defensive reads at centre. Which would make way for Lafai. Lafai is must have. Awsome defender and in his 6 games he made 27 tackle breaks, 4 line breaks, 7 offloads and a try assist.

Ryan in the front row because I believe he plays alot like a front rower with the 12 on his back. imo he plays way too close to the centre of the field for a second rower. If he is to stay 2nd row he needs to push towards the fringe a bit more. This is what got him his origin spot and his tryscoring success years ago.

Eastwood provides more impact off the bench than when he starts and Kasiano simply deserves a starting spot.

As i said, this is all my opinion. Probably wont happen and it may not even work as good as think it might but its better than what we have now. Feel free to agree or disagree anyway lol

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we had a more consistent half i wouldnt call for these drastic changes.. however Barba has been our most creative player all year and we could only benefit from his creativity in the halves.

Idris will give us more power in the forwards (altho you would think with the pack at the moment we wouldnt need it.. but it seems like we do..).

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id like to see Pritchard off the bench. Bring him on after 20 to 25 min, hit him on the edges. A tiring defence will bring out his offload.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
well things cant get much worse. Definately worth making changes imo.

I would go with:

1. Turner
2. Lett
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Wright
6. Barba
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Ryan
11. Idris
12. Pritchard
13. Stagg

14. Eastwood
15. Millington
16. Payne
17. Halatau

Would move Barba into the halves because of his instinct. The amount of tries he has scored from intercepts is crazy and I believe the way he plays 5/8 in attack is no different to the way he plays fullback in attack, just less kicking at fullback. The change has nothing to do with what happened the other night, Im a big fan of him and he doesnt have many bad games, all players have bad games and he will learn from it.

I'd move Idris into the back because of his poor defensive reads at centre. Which would make way for Lafai. Lafai is must have. Awsome defender and in his 6 games he made 27 tackle breaks, 4 line breaks, 7 offloads and a try assist.

Ryan in the front row because I believe he plays alot like a front rower with the 12 on his back. imo he plays way too close to the centre of the field for a second rower. If he is to stay 2nd row he needs to push towards the fringe a bit more. This is what got him his origin spot and his tryscoring success years ago.

Eastwood provides more impact off the bench than when he starts and Kasiano simply deserves a starting spot.

As i said, this is all my opinion. Probably wont happen and it may not even work as good as think it might but its better than what we have now. Feel free to agree or disagree anyway lol
You say kasiano deserves a starting spot yet hes not in ur line up is he an invisible player in our side??

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also would like to see Morris at fullback . It would give him a chance to get back to his explosive running game and we could only benefit from him seeing more football.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
You say kasiano deserves a starting spot yet hes not in ur line up is he an invisible player in our side??
He's planning on cheating with 18 players.

It's the only chance we have. :p

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Morris
2) Turner
3) Lafai
4) wright
5) Goodwin
6) Barba
7) hodkinson
8) Paea
9) Ennis
10) Tolman
11) Pritchard
12) Halatau
13) Stagg

14) Kasiano
15) Idris
16) Eastwood
17) Keating

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Morris
2) Turner
3) Lafai
4) wright
5) Goodwin
6) Barba
7) hodkinson
8) Paea
9) Ennis
10) Tolman
11) Pritchard
12) Halatau
13) Stagg

14) Kasiano
15) Idris
16) Eastwood
17) Keating
^^^top 8 side**

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting idea. Morris would make a strong defensive fullback... Has anyone ever sen him jump?

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has played FB before for the Steelers. He is quite a bit taller than Barba, physically stronger, and can run the ball back with a bit more gusto.

It will also get his hands on the ball a lot more, and he can come into the line, either to ball play, support offloads. He is a dead-set waste in the centers.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1) Morris
2) Turner
3) Lafai
4) wright
5) Goodwin
6) Barba
7) hodkinson
8) Paea
9) Ennis
10) Tolman
11) Pritchard
12) Halatau
13) Stagg

14) Kasiano
15) Idris
16) Eastwood
17) Keating
Rather interesting side especially if everyone turns up and decide to roll their sleeves up and actually have a go, Idris definitley to the bench - his mind is to busy wandering cavill ave on the gold coast chatting up metre maids in bikinis and signing autographs

DOGG STIEL

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Need to stick solid with our top 17. If we start chopping and changing the team now we will play even worse. The only change that is badly needed is Keating needs to be dropped, he has been well below par in the last month and has offered the outside backs nothing. My team would be:

1. Barba
2. Goodwin
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Turner
6. Roberts
7. Hodgkinson
8. Kasiano
9. Ennis
10. Tolman
11. Ryan
12. Pritchard