Moneyballing the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DoggyStylz

Having less 'star' players might be an advantage.... the fullback saga has been drawn out for long enough.... this can unite players as no ego's to derail the campaign.

what I'd like to see is different juniors being on a rotating bench, build their confidence and slot in for injury/suspended players. Sure this is sort of happening but I know Des likes to stay loyal his top 17

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure of the point of this thread. In 2012 most of our players were "stars", half of them winning Dally Ms. We also have a number of international players and players who have or still play origin. Suddenly because we didnt make the GF in 2013, we have hardly any stars. I dont get it.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I disagree. A rotating bench may cause our substitutes to become dizzy before going on the field. This may inhibit their reaction times and cause us to lose.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate it when people say that we don't have star players... We still have 7 Internationals and 1 current SOO rep and an ex SOO rep...

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree. A rotating bench may cause our substitutes to become dizzy before going on the field. This may inhibit their reaction times and cause us to lose.
oh man your avatar f#$ks with my eyes lol...

johnnyd123

Waterboy
Reaction score
Having less 'star' players might be an advantage.... the fullback saga has been drawn out for long enough.... this can unite players as no ego's to derail the campaign.

what I'd like to see is different juniors being on a rotating bench, build their confidence and slot in for injury/suspended players. Sure this is sort of happening but I know Des likes to stay loyal his top 17
When was the last time a team won the premiership without star players!!?? Teams need star players to win the comp...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
When was the last time a team won the premiership without star players!!?? Teams need star players to win the comp...
Lucky we have star players then

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have got plenty of star players......they are just not playing like it

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If kasiano and trex are fitter and hogkinson actual sets tries up in oppositions 20 well be a different team ,we have the talent its up to us

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The speed of rotation would be critical here. Although a safety harness and head rest may solve that problem.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
it's Ennis who is the stifling factor in the opp 20
Disagree. His short passing game near the line has scored many a try. We actually didnt generally have a problem scoring points last season, but let a lot more points in than 2012. A lot of that was the disruptions/absences we had in our forwards all year, who are the teeth of our defence. Teams were rolling forward to much too often against us. Them getting around our backs when close to the line is not the problem, the fact we lets sides get close to the line too much is.

So many ppl think attack is all you need to win matches. That is true in touch footy, but not so in NRL. Roosters won the year with defence. Good relentless defence causes oppositions to make mistakes taking risks to get through the line. It also tires the opposition which takes the edge of them in defence when the roosters were in attack.

Its all about defence.

N

Natboy

We looked lost when attacking and just moved the ball from side to side like the sharks usually do

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Disagree. His short passing game near the line has scored many a try. We actually didnt generally have a problem scoring points last season, but let a lot more points in than 2012. A lot of that was the disruptions/absences we had in our forwards all year, who are the teeth of our defence. Teams were rolling forward to much too often against us. Them getting around our backs when close to the line is not the problem, the fact we lets sides get close to the line too much is.

So many ppl think attack is all you need to win matches. That is true in touch footy, but not so in NRL. Roosters won the year with defence. Good relentless defence causes oppositions to make mistakes taking risks to get through the line. It also tires the opposition which takes the edge of them in defence when the roosters were in attack.

Its all about defence.
lol so we construct a try by a short pass onto a big forward when in the opp 20? that's great stuff, probs works every time and is a great indicator of Ennis vision and creativity. We did have a problem scoring points because we were inept in attack.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Its all about defence.
See i dont agree sometimes poor attack leads to opposition tries ,watch in particular last 4 games last year ,hodgkinson was clueless in opposition 20 ,quite often we had set after set ,the opposition scores up other end ,if we score its a different story .i think trent had a good year but he really needs to step up in this area

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Its all about defence.
I think maybe people's opinion about Ennis is getting in the way of the point. I don't really care where the try comes from, it is all about defence. I think maybe jimmy might agree, it's a physiological thing. If you can't get through, you can't get through.

Sorry to throw u into this jimmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.