Money talks: SBW

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just when you though $BW couldn't make himself sound dumber. BEHOLD!

SONNY Bill Williams says his decision to walk out on rugby league to take up a big money deal with French rugby union club Toulon came down to "common sense".

Williams, who took part in his first training session with the club, has finally broken his silence after fleeing Australia without warning almost two weeks ago, just one year into his five-year deal with NRL club the Bulldogs.

"If a lawyer, if a teacher, if a bus driver, if they're on $40,000 and they get offered a lot more to go somewhere else, what do you think they're going to do"? Williams said.

"Are they going to change bus companies? Or are they going to sit there and say all these people want me to stay here because I'm the best bus driver in the jurisdiction, blah, blah, blah."

"It's just common sense."

Williams also reveals he has serious concerns about the NRL and hopes his move will act as a catalyst for rugby league players to get what he believes they are entitled to.

"Hopefully some good can come out of what I've done and it wakes everybody up and they realise that something needs to be done," Williams said.

"What I've done, it's shown it's just not about me, it's about the boys getting a fair go, you know what I mean?

"It's about them having the balls to stand up for themselves, and get what they should be getting.

"Because if we're going to be getting treated like that, why can't we treat the clubs like that?

"I just want to see the game and the players looked after the way they should be because the crowds don't turn up to watch David Gallop play ... they turn up to watch the players play."

The Bulldogs and the NRL will begin their lawsuit against Williams at 10am on Friday, when they seek an injunction to stop him from playing with Toulon.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
sonny is wrong imo

if david gallop did decide to play a game, i reckon there would be a bumper crowd:p

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
oh my, he is so deluded with his views, its as if he is looking at life through the base of a 750ml brown glass beer bottle.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mundine's hand is square in his arse playing him like a ventriloquist's puppet no doubt.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look

I love sonny for the following reasons:
- amazign player
-great role model
- and for offerign his services to our club.

I have coem to the conclusion he has been brain washed. Nasser is making him into a completely different individual. This is not sonny bill

this is an altered sonny bill , an individual which nasser is responsible for corrupting.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
Just when you though $BW couldn't make himself sound dumber. BEHOLD!

"I just want to see the game and the players looked after the way they should be because the crowds don't turn up to watch David Gallop play ... they turn up to watch the players play."
Actually SBW you dipsh*t the crowds go to support their team..... players come and go but the team is the core..... yes we all have favourite players that we love to watch but we have loved the dogs before you were there and long after you are gone......

do you think when you didnt play the crowd figure was zero..... no we were there to watch men play rugby league..... not sooks that were worried about chipping a nail....

good riddance

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If a lawyer, if a teacher, if a bus driver, if they're on $40,000 and they get offered a lot more to go somewhere else, what do you think they're going to do?
What if the lawyer, teacher or bus driver happily signed a 5 year contract?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The crowds turn up to watch the team play. The crowds also pay the players salary. So no crowds = NO SBW

This guy thinks its all about him.

$500,000 a year is not enough, honestly.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Are they going to change bus companies? Or are they going to sit there and say all these people want me to stay here because I'm the best bus driver in the jurisdiction, blah, blah, blah."
If you listen to this carefully. Sounds as if he is about to say "FANS" are those wanting him to stay.

Whoever quoted him should of had "jurastriction (sic)" - like every other Mundine interview transcript.

And what's with the Martyrdom? Saving the players like they are treated badly and earning nothing all of a sudden.

- See, the illiterate Mundine is writing his scripts.

Can hear it here ...
http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=40272&sy=smh&source=smh.com.au/

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look

- amazign player
-great role model

I have coem to the conclusion he has been brain washed. Nasser is making him into a completely different individual. This is not sonny bill

this is an altered sonny bill , an individual which nasser is responsible for corrupting.
Rofl great role model? Dude sbw is a man his not a 12 year old, Nasser didnt do ****, Sbw is at fault 110%.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rofl great role model? Dude sbw is a man his not a 12 year old, Nasser didnt do ****, Sbw is at fault 110%.
im speakign in re how we all percieved him in his pre BRAIN EXPLOSION days

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Look

- amazign player
-great role model

If anyone still views $BW as a role model they need a serious wake up call.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
look i might not hate sonny, and i might not bag him out,

but however i have changed my stance on him being a role model

Sonyy you were a much better person under Orr

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
Look

- amazign player
-great role model

Hasoon, for once you and I are in total agreement.
Well said!

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasoon, for once you and I are in total agreement.
Well said!
if anything i think ive also been brainwashed.

Khodr Nasser is goign to play another big part in the departure of another star. You will find out realy soon who this is.

ok he is getting them into better financial situations, but he is doing this regardless ok how much the man loved the team he was in, he has turned sonny into a hipocrit. Sonny once said, he wil never dare go to rugby. Nasser has made him not a man of his word.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive always backed up nassser and mundine. but now i just am lost for words. these men are ruining this mans life. His reputation is tarnished for good.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ive always backed up nassser and mundine. but now i just am lost for words. these men are ruining this mans life. His reputation is tarnished for good.
His ruinin his own life, Its not nasser nor mundine.

Status
Not open for further replies.