Official momento

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just came across this amazing vid on @bulldogskennel Twitter account and I’d be lying if I say i didn’t cry. Gee I fkn love this club no matter what. The memories in this vid gave me goosebumps.

Watch it and let me know what you think.
Blue and White FOREVER!!!

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The days when players played for there jerseys, now it’s just a business.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came across this amazing vid on @bulldogskennel Twitter account and I’d be lying if I say i didn’t cry. Gee I fkn love this club no matter what. The memories in this vid gave me goosebumps.

Watch it and let me know what you think.
That was amazing, makes you realise how lucky our club has been to have such great success and memories. Thanks

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And to see that. and then see how SHIT we are now. That’s very very depressing.!!!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I was around to see the 80s and 90s
I Wish You were too.

I was blessed to experience what our club was during that period.

I witnessed our participation in 12 Grand Finals for 6 Premierships.

I hope it can get back there soon so loyal supporters like yourself can experience the success of where we are meant to be, at the top and one of the most feared clubs in the league & always known as the toughest bar none.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish I was around to see the 80s and 90s
You know what Uncle, that’s the thing which gets to me the most out of everything that’s happened over the last 5 years. It’s people like you and others on here which didn’t see how special of a club we were and it really bothers me. I was fortunate enough to grow up in the 80’s and 90’s and the dogs were a club every other club wished they were. They brought so much happiness and strength to our supporters and really infected the whole area of Canterbury Bankstown with a tough mentality and resilient attitude which we carried with us in our schooling, work and family life and made us the people we are today. They gave the blue collar workers, the mum and dads and kids of the area a real mental toughness with the challenges that life presented before us. It was like an unwritten way of life in a way which you could say “If the dogs can rise up, so can we in our day to day lives.” I really can’t count the amount of times we were dead and buried in games and then we’d lift with a never say die attitude and win the games that were impossible to win. The famous Wog Stand at BSG was my happy place, it was the place where my batteries were recharged and gave me the strength to tackle the week ahead with the same attitude the dogs had on the field. It annoys me that my son cannot experience what me and many others experienced growing up. I really want all my fellow bulldog supporters who are young to get that feeling we had, and this is what annoys me the most. Because at the end of the day we are a family which bleed blue and white till the end.

Last edited:

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel really lucky to have seen such great success at the dogs including the '80 grand final when i was 12. The death of Peter Moore signaled the end of that success and the club has never been the same.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what Uncle, that’s the thing which gets to me the most out of everything that’s happened over the last 5 years. It’s people like you and others on here which didn’t see how special of a club we were and it really bothers me. I was fortunate enough to grow up in the 80’s and 90’s and the dogs were a club every other club wished they were. They brought so much happiness and strength to our supporters and really infected the whole area of Canterbury Bankstown with a tough mentality and resilient attitude which we carried with us in our schooling, work and family life and made us the people we are today. They gave the blue collar workers, the mum and dads and kids of the area a real mental toughness with the challenges that life presented before us. It was like an unwritten way of life in a way which you could say “If the dogs can rise up, so can we in our day to day lives.” I really can’t count the amount of times we were dead and buried in games and then we’d lift with a never say die attitude and win the games that were impossible to win. The famous Wog Stand at BSG was my happy place, it was the place where my batteries were recharged and gave me the strength to tackle the week ahead with the same attitude the dogs had on the field. It annoys me that my son cannot experience what me and many others experienced growing up. I really want all my fellow bulldog supporters who are young to get that feeling we had, and this is what annoys me the most. Because at the end of the day we are a family which bleed blue and white till the end.
Really well said. I grew up in Yagoona in the 70's and 80's and you are absolutely right about the toughness and resilience the success of the club brought to the community. As school kids in the area we lived and breathed the dogs.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We all love the bulldogs and want them to return to the glory days as soon as possible.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nowadays we get reffed out off matches. It's a shame that the Nrl are doing all it can to ensure our rebuild fails.