Mollycoddled NRL players must be told one simple word: NO

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL aren't stupid. They let them box, they get a brain injury down the track and then they have to prove it was from the NRL games. They will respond by saying you get 100 times more whacks in the head by boxing....therefore it came from boxing. Bet you NRL would love every single player to box. It's a get out of jail card for the NRL.
This is 100% correct.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can do your hammy in a foot race on the street like Turbo or fall off a horse like the 1999 blues squad. Could even do your calf rooting your missus. This is pointless and they're only reacting to it because JAC got into a brawl. I'd actually want guys like Burton to play in the off-season against inferior opposition and improve his skills or Bronson Xerri to get match fit.

Bad Trades

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’ve had jobs where I was paid a pittance of an allowance to be on-call. During these periods I was not able to enjoy a few drinks and often couldn’t participate in social gatherings if they were too far from my workplace.

I don’t think it’s asking much for highly paid professional footballers to sit out these amateur competitions or other sports with a higher than acceptable risk of injury, particularly HIA’s.

In relation to the Koori Knockout, I see no problem with professional footballers attending the tournament as an ambassador or for promotional purposes.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly the Koori Knockout is just low lives punching on, there is zero culture at this event. Its just a boozy, violent showcase of all that's wrong with that community.
Have you actually been to one? It’s literally the complete opposite of what you just described. Is it possible you confused the knockout with one of your clan events?