Modern women dont trust men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
One in five women in Australia don't trust men with their shared finances

* By Joe Hildebrand

WHEN it comes to money one in five women do not trust men - but don't take my word for it.

A survey has found that 19 per cent of Australian women do not trust their partner with their shared finances.

And it might be for good reason too. Experts say men often keep financial secrets from their partners - as women do from men - and that the global financial crisis unearthed secret debts that drove many couples to the brink.

Interestingly, NSW women were more trusting. Only 15 per cent of those surveyed agreed with "do not totally trust partner with shared finances".

The Women and Money Survey of 1000, conducted by the Westpac Women's Markets unit, also found almost half (47 per cent) "believe that their partner wastes money" and, perhaps not surprisingly, the exact same number argue with their partner over money and are in charge of managing joint accounts.

Experts said part of the problem might be couples keeping financial secrets from each other. "When you have people hiding purchases or having separate bank accounts or essentially leading a double life or a secret life, you have major issues around trust," psychologist John Aiken said.

"The problem is a lot of people can't have those difficult conversations. There are also power issues that can come into it, where someone says 'I don't want to share what I've got, I want to keep it to myself'."

Relationships Australia NSW CEO Anne Hollonds said keeping financial secrets could lead a partner to think they did not know the person they were with at all.

"If one of you is keeping money from the other it's potentially a breach of trust," she said.

"The other partner thinks they're in a relationship with a certain type of person and find out the person has another lifestyle or other habits."

Ms Hollonds said the recent economic downturn brought a lot of secrets to the surface.

"The burden had to come to light and there were a lot of couples in conflict who wouldn't have made it and for others it was a tipping point," she said.

Small business owner Jacqueline Arias said the changes she and her partner Chris made to the way they handled their finances resulted in them no longer arguing about money.

"There used to be lots of conflict between us when shared our household money and responsibilities but now he takes care of the household expenses by himself and I am responsible for business costs," she said.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
la teezi if they trust us or not

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously not.

It's not in such a bad way though. Women tend to be very protective of everything when it comes to spending money. That's why they spend hours shopping.

The good thing about women is, in general, they can be smart with their finances. Us men will spend and not worry about it like women tend to.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously not.

It's not in such a bad way though. Women tend to be very protective of everything when it comes to spending money. That's why they spend hours shopping.

The good thing about women is, in general, they can be smart with their finances. Us men will spend and not worry about it like women tend to.
That's cause women worry about everything. We don't give a shiit lol

Just the way I like it

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at Moe. Trust me, worrying about money and being frugal might not be a bad thing in your mind if you ever get in serious debt.
My dad is pretty bad at paying bills and organising priorities of what needs to be payed so my mum takes over.

The idea of a shared account with someone freaks me out. even though i hate money and wouldnt mind if the male took control id still have to have a looksie to settle my mind he is doing it right and everything is in order and he isnt spending hundreds on hookers lmao

Guys arent great at communicating- not to the extent women need to feel at ease. I wouldnt give a **** if he bought new golf clubs etc, as long as i knew where those hundreds of dollars went lol

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
Lol at Moe. Trust me, worrying about money and being frugal might not be a bad thing in your mind if you ever get in serious debt.
My dad is pretty bad at paying bills and organising priorities of what needs to be payed so my mum takes over.

The idea of a shared account with someone freaks me out. even though i hate money and wouldnt mind if the male took control id still have to have a looksie to settle my mind he is doing it right and everything is in order and he isnt spending hundreds on hookers lmaoGuys arent great at communicating- not to the extent women need to feel at ease. I wouldnt give a **** if he bought new golf clubs etc, as long as i knew where those hundreds of dollars went lol
is that not trusting men with finances or not trusting men full stop?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'm sure if you were to ask 1000 men, you'd get around the same result, if not worse.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like having shared accounts, my wife would look at the account and be all like "you spent how much while you where away last week?"................. she has no idea what it costs to go into the vip lounge at the strip club these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.