Mobile Networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the midst of the Vodafone network issues, and the release of infinite plans, keen to understand what everyone's opinions are on suitable carriers?

I've been with Vodafone for 10 years and contract is due to expire. I have to admit, there's been no issued with Vodafone during this time until recently.

Voda, Optus, Virgin, Telstra?

Thoughts?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've had no issues with optus for a similar period. Are there any bonuses or discounted calls to be gained with the network the people you call most are on? There are some good discounts for calls to the same network with optus.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will stick with vodafone as most of my social network is on vodafone & 3 hence calls to each other are for free. Network issues are becoming a drag though.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Voda are completely f*cked right now. Customers kicking up sh*t over the smallest issues just because they can.

Every phone company is copping the same. I've had people come in and see me saying Virgin aren't "providing the service that they are paying for".. People have learnt this lovely little saying over the last 2 weeks. It's ridiculous.

Very bad precedent is being set.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voda are completely f*cked right now. Customers kicking up sh*t over the smallest issues just because they can.

Every phone company is copping the same. I've had people come in and see me saying Virgin aren't "providing the service that they are paying for".. People have learnt this lovely little saying over the last 2 weeks. It's ridiculous.

Very bad precedent is being set.
What service are these customers expecting?

With the increased use of smart phones, I wonder just how much these carriers have adapted in the backend to accomodate for this.

The biggest importance to me aside from price is coverage and at the moment, Vodafone is just ridiculous. I can manage for the time being as I'm not a heavy call user. However when it comes to things like using your maps to help direct you, checking Facebook and checking friends photos, it becomes very frustrating.

I've been told that Telstra have the best coverage but their plans are pretty crappy compared to Voda.

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
I'm currently with 3 which i think is voda now? and I must say the reception is shiet! But I have seen a slight improvement since merging with voda. Apart from that I am happy with 3 :grinning:

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Virgin's been fine for me reception wise.

But service wise, atrocious.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Voda ****ed me up a few times.

Optus no probs for me

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I'm with you PP83 in regards to voda... I have been with them for a fair while and I am finding their network very unreliable on my HTC

Status
Not open for further replies.