Mistakes Pay has already made

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Until Pay realises that we have only one organising half back at the club we won’t win anything
Foran is a 5/8
Frawley is an impostor
Marshall-king is a utility
Brown is a hooker
Cleeland is a 5/8
So my plug is for Lewis

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as Des Hasler annoyed me by not dropping players after poor performances i feel like doing the complete opposite is as bad and annoying. People on here are constantly asking for players to be dropped and players to be signed. Well, that's not realistic and how a successful football team is run. I definitely agree that Marcelo montoya needs to be dropped next week. But, i stand firm in saying that Pay made a mistake by dropping frawley. Dropping a player in such a key position after 2 rounds into a new season is a joke and i would say Pay's biggest mistake so far. Frawley is not the best player but we needed to patient with him. He was training in the halves in the offseason with Foran and Mbye. I feel like JMK and Foran look so detached and don't communicate. They don't know each other and cant work with each other. Alot of you might disagree but pay made a bad situation worse by dropping Frawley

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Board: so why should we hire you over dymmick.

Pay: 9...... looks around........ 11

Board: hired.

Family guy joke you won’t understand unless you’ve seen it lol.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa has been playing really well and would be even better if his forwards hit the advantage line at speed and tried to get quick play the balls. Besides RFM and klemmer the rest were useless. Lichaa is not the problem at all.
Lichaa tbf has not done much wrong and is far from the problem
I know he wasn't great over the past few years, but the criticism of him this year is a bit harsh IMO.. the whole team juts isn't on the same page ..

Malla

Reaction score
Pay has absolutely no clue. Our attacking sets are garbage literally like a bunch of headless chooks I thought Tolman running on the last was bad lol

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Raiders fans mates all laughing about Pay

“Dud coach, any Raider fan could have told you’
Doubt any raiders fan would have had a clue how he was as a coach without being on the training paddock

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As much as Des Hasler annoyed me by not dropping players after poor performances i feel like doing the complete opposite is as bad and annoying. People on here are constantly asking for players to be dropped and players to be signed. Well, that's not realistic and how a successful football team is run. I definitely agree that Marcelo montoya needs to be dropped next week. But, i stand firm in saying that Pay made a mistake by dropping frawley. Dropping a player in such a key position after 2 rounds into a new season is a joke and i would say Pay's biggest mistake so far. Frawley is not the best player but we needed to patient with him. He was training in the halves in the offseason with Foran and Mbye. I feel like JMK and Foran look so detached and don't communicate. They don't know each other and cant work with each other. Alot of you might disagree but pay made a bad situation worse by dropping Frawley
Yup i agree with you on the dropping of Frawley, it was a poor move by Pay and i wouldn't be suprised if it knocked the confidence of a few guys in the squad as well as him.

Frawley was leading us for try involvements before he was dropped and we atleast looked somewhat organised compared to now. There was going to be improvement the more they played together.

I didn't even want Frawley in the squad but Pay picked him and he needed to stick with him considering all the work they did in the offseason with him. Fualalo is another that done nothing wrong when he started yet he was relegated to the bench and his confidence has been knocked and the bloke is going backwards now instead of developing.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup i agree with you on the dropping of Frawley, it was a poor move by Pay and i wouldn't be suprised if it knocked the confidence of a few guys in the squad as well as him.

Frawley was leading us for try involvements before he was dropped and we atleast looked somewhat organised compared to now. There was going to be improvement the more they played together.

I didn't even want Frawley in the squad but Pay picked him and he needed to stick with him considering all the work they did in the offseason with him. Fualalo is another that done nothing wrong when he started yet he was relegated to the bench and his confidence has been knocked and the bloke is going backwards now instead of developing.
It is so awkward to bring back Frawley now. "Umm Sorry mate, i thought JMK was better than you, but i changed my mind now".

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pay doesn't have a clue atm.
Neither do you....one of these days a coach will arrive who actually knows what he's doing and won't you look silly then? :P

lol

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got it, not funny.

The whole Frawley thing was a waste of time. Pay had the team train with Frawley all off-season, he only used Frawley with the main team in the trials and then he dropped him after 2 games (although he was having errors). If Frawley is a bad enough player to be dropped so soon, Pay should have been working on combinations all off season, not just running with Frawley.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The hardest thing to coach is defence, Pay got handed a team with amazing defence even when they were losing every week. Somehow he managed to fuck that up without improving the attack.

When we signed him a few people on here pointed out he was the Raiders defence coach and their defence has been shit for as long as he has been there. We were called negative and given excuses about bringing back the Culture. We criticised him for not using the trials to assess player fitness, we were called idiots because apparently the players did a lot of cardio in the off-season.

2 Mistakes he has made? Changed our defence and thought a couple of jogs would be enough to have us match it with other teams. Canberra with 14 players and significantly less possession looked far fresher than our 17 players.
Amazing defence Lofl.. check out some of the cricket scores from last year then try again

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
lichaa lowered the bar so much so now we are excited when a hooker runs 10m once a while
He is averaging over 11m every time he runs and he runs more than any other hooker in the comp. So that low bar is in fact the best in the league and he has jumped over it. He's not the reason we are winning footy games. It's poor discipline and lack of strike back rowers to work with the centres.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

So then tell it to your family.....

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
Frawley cant tackle, he lets in more points then he sets up, hes shit. Pay could do with an experienced coach as his assistant, i would have given dymock top job with pay as assistant.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its not a bad thing to drop under performing players. But the replacements must offer more.
Where are these good replacements? Theres zero in the forwards and maybe a few possibilities in the backs.
Dean Pay is on a hiding to nothing. He is a victim of what he has inherited.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I know he wasn't great over the past few years, but the criticism of him this year is a bit harsh IMO.. the whole team juts isn't on the same page ..
I must admit he is going very well. The one criticism is he hasn't got the ability to bring his forward on to the ball . The good hookers play on the advantage line. Maybe he can develop that as he matures. Big improvement .

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got it, not funny.

The whole Frawley thing was a waste of time. Pay had the team train with Frawley all off-season, he only used Frawley with the main team in the trials and then he dropped him after 2 games (although he was having errors). If Frawley is a bad enough player to be dropped so soon, Pay should have been working on combinations all off season, not just running with Frawley.
It’s actually hilarious, what you need to do to is subtract the 9/11 part and put in “dogs of war” get it? So essentially he walked in and uttered those words and he seduced the board. Do you get it now?

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1)Re-signing and starting Lichaa.
2)Use of the bench.
3)Adam Elliot in the first grade squad and other questionable selections.
4)No progress in players fitness over off-season.

I know he has Hasler's squad but look what he's doing with it.
You do realise that he is a rookie coach?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you could mould anyone who can pass properly into a better hooker than Lichaa.
I'm a ex PE teacher and use to teach at Matraville and every kid there could pass better than him.

I think attributes of a hooker in order are:

passing/service
vision
Defence
Running game
kicking game

He has point numbers 3-4, big deal.

I can't be bothered arguing this point anymore. If you think Lichaa delivers crisp service theres no point even arguing.
So you obviously didn’t see him play for NSW U20s or Sharks/Newtown did you? He only digressed like every other player under the Hasler system. Your Wishlist of attributes went out the window with Hasler’s task for Lichaa being 40+ tackles p/game due to the fact we had a slow, overweight, with zero lateral movement & underwhelming forward pack. The demise has been 6 seasons in the making. We complained about Ennis; look what he achieved at The Sharks. Look at Graham with the Dragons this year. The establishment here needs an overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.