Missing Piece of the Puzzle

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus cannot talk to Xavier until November.
Yeah he can't but could have a conversation with his manager and mention that he's interested. No offer and no negotiation.

Could even talk directly to the broncs giving interest whilst not approaching the player.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I knew when i saw him play last year, this kid was something special, built like a brick shithouse, we need to steal him if possible

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely loved what I saw from the junior players the other night, fast, hungry, talented and some good footy smarts in there.

The way they played reminded me of watching this current Panthers team when they were all coming through the grades together, not surprising considering Gould, CC, and a few others put those training structures in place and masterminded that development strategy.

I still believe there’s a piece of the puzzle missing, and that’s that big stand out aggressive alpha prop to lead the way.

I’ve said this before, and now after watching the indigenous/Māori game the other night, it’s reinforced to me that this bloke is the answer [emoji116] He’s a superstar of the future ..

View attachment 102518

I know he’s under contract, but over the last few months we’ve all seen what contracts are worth, and I know the Bronco’s have just moved on a few, but they’ve got to be stretched with recent big upgrades to Haas, Carrigan, Mam, Cobbo, Reynolds on big money, Staggs on big money, they had to pay pretty big to keep Piakura .. surely they’ve got to be stretched.

I would love to see some third party whisper in Willison’s managers ear about an offer to good to refuse, and us pinch him while I believe the opportunities ripe, while he’s young hungry and stuck behind a few it’s the perfect time to pinch him, grab him and make him our leader of the future, and I believe we’re sitting pretty heading into the next 10 years …

Thoughts ?

Edit .. Can’t believe I also forgot the recent huge 150% upgrade to Walsh, you’d think they’ve got to be stretched ..
Don't start, '67 .... I didn't expect this from you

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus isn’t willing to go pricey or get into bidding wars for forwards
I'd say he's not prepared to do that for players who don't commit to the club and aren't motivated by money

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought we just needed one prop and one half. This time last year thats all we needed to be top4

Right now we won't be sure what's missing until the season starts. Some good signs in trial 1

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Completely agree. And by that time we'll have host of top youngsters coming through so we won't have to buy a while host of players
Winning comps like we did last year in the younger grades will have a whole core of players in those teams wanting to play for each other for years to come if we keep winning

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really hope Isaac Mateeva-Booth eventually comes good. He potentially has the size to be a real weapon

Along with Todd, Hipoi and Hughes we have a really good batch of young props coming through

They will need a couple of years to keep bulking up but they are all showing promise at a young age

Agree we ideally need a couple of experience props for the next couple of years but not sure who is available

I'm all for going after a couple of young props Sufiki-Fifita and Trey Mooney , who could possibly replace Knight and Patolo on our roster for next year

I did like what I saw from Faasimili (spelling??) last Thursday night. If his fitness levels are where they need to be I definitely think he can do a job for us this year