Missing girl in Mt Druitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Search for missing girl to resume

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/search-for-missing-girl-to-resume-20100802-111oy.html

August 2, 2010 - 6:49AM

The disappearance of six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams from her home in western Sydney has been described as a mother's worst nightmare.

Kiesha was last seen when her mum put her to bed about 9.30pm (AEST) on Saturday at their Mount Druitt home.

She was reported missing on Sunday morning, sparking a large search involving up to 100 police, police dogs and SES volunteers, amid growing concerns she was abducted.

"Someone's obviously taken her and they need to bring her back because the family and friends are out of their mind with the whole situation. It's a mother's worst nightmare," a family friend told Seven Network.

Police and emergency services will resume the hunt for Kiesha on Monday morning, with no new leads or sightings reported overnight.

It is not known whether Kiesha wandered off or was snatched.

But police have been told the front door was found unlocked.

"Obviously due to the child's age of being six, we hold fears for her safety," Inspector Dave Lagats from Quakers Hill police told reporters on Sunday.

"The child may have walked off, or met with foul play."

Family members have said it is out of character for her to wander off.

She is described as being about 140cm tall, with a slim build, blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing pink pyjamas and a purple Pumpkin Patch jacket.

Anyone who has seen Kiesha, or who knows of her whereabouts, should phone Mount Druitt Police Station on 9675 0000 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

© 2010 AAP

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Missing girl had been absent from school

A six-year-old girl at the centre of a major police search in western Sydney has not been at school for at least a week.

Kiesha Abrahams's mother told police she last saw her daughter when she put her to bed on Saturday night at her Mount Druitt unit.

She said she noticed that the six-year-old was missing from her bed about 9:00am on Sunday and that the front door of the unit was unlocked.

The girl lives in the unit with her mother and stepfather and two siblings.

Police say they are aware the girl had been absent from school and they are trying to find out when she last attended.

Her stepfather's brother, Jason Smith, says he saw her a few weeks ago at a birthday party when the missing girl's mother had just given birth to her third child.

"As far as I know she hasn't been at school for the last week because of the newborn baby," he said.

"Last time I seen her was three weeks ago at my brother's, his son's birthday party. She was there, she was quite happy, enjoying the pony rides. She was a happy little girl that day."

Police will not say whether anyone other than the girl's mother has seen her in the last three weeks.

About 40 police and more than 100 SES volunteers spent yesterday searching for the girl.

Today they have extended the search to include bushland and drainpipes in the nearby suburb of Bidwill.

Police say it is unclear whether the girl wandered off alone or was taken.

They say there were no signs of forced entry at the unit and there are no suspects at this stage.

Kiesha Abrahams was last seen wearing pink pyjamas and is described as 140 centimetres tall with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone who has information on her whereabouts can contact police via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Residents have been leaving flowers at the block of units to show their support for the family.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/02/2970870.htm

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
How sad if the mum is the crim

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
It's a sad story though the news is reporting that the door was unlocked?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Claims daughter was removed from school after a disagreement over a week ago.

Watch the press go nuts .... DOCS .... election coming ....

Poor girl :(

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is starting to sound really sus

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I want clarified - different articles make it sound different....was the door found unlocked (as after break in or in lil girl doing it) or was it left unlocked over night by the parents? I know the place, you dont leave your door unlocked when facing whalan park!

I really hope they find her soon. But I really have a bad feeling about this, I just cant shake it, sounds too suss....mum has a new baby, daughter isnt seen for weeks, and then she goes missing and the mother only checks for her at 10am?
I know 6 year olds - they wake earlier than that!

I pray my gut is wrong and this little angel is found....alive

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Facts ...

• Last seen by Mum and/or Step-Dad Saturday night.
• Discovered missing approx 10am Sunday morning.
• No signs of forced entry.
• No suspects (publicly) at this stage.
• Estranged biological father who lives nearby has been interviewed and not being treated as suspect.
• Mum and Step-Dad have gone underground and have NOT done the public appeals, the brother of the step-dad is the family liason.
• Mum gave birth approx 3-4 weeks ago to a new child.
• Step-Dad's brother confirms he has not seen child for 3 weeks since Step-Dad son's birthday party.
• Child removed from school approx 2-3 weeks ago.
• Child has attended only 5 days of Kindergarten all year.
• DOCS are deeply concerned and WILL NOT reveal if family is known to the dept.

Most telling ...

• Depsite the fact a newborn exists in a house of several kids, NO immediate family have even seen the girl since the new arrival ..... No visitors ? No assistance ? .....

Anyone joining the dots here ?

They're either super-parents, OR they're hiding the ugly truth.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not looking good. hopefully she is found soon.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It sounds pretty sus from the parents. Its very sad.

G

Gladiator.

Facts ...

• Last seen by Mum and/or Step-Dad Saturday night.
• Discovered missing approx 10am Sunday morning.
• No signs of forced entry.
• No suspects (publicly) at this stage.
• Estranged biological father who lives nearby has been interviewed and not being treated as suspect.
• Mum and Step-Dad have gone underground and have NOT done the public appeals, the brother of the step-dad is the family liason.
• Mum gave birth approx 3-4 weeks ago to a new child.
• Step-Dad's brother confirms he has not seen child for 3 weeks since Step-Dad son's birthday party.
• Child removed from school approx 2-3 weeks ago.
• Child has attended only 5 days of Kindergarten all year.
• DOCS are deeply concerned and WILL NOT reveal if family is known to the dept.

Most telling ...

• Depsite the fact a newborn exists in a house of several kids, NO immediate family have even seen the girl since the new arrival ..... No visitors ? No assistance ? .....

Anyone joining the dots here ?

They're either super-parents, OR they're hiding the ugly truth.
seems very odd ck, with at least 90 odd days of school so far, she has only appeared 5 days, how have docs and the school allowed this?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who the f*ck names their kid Keisha hahahahaha surely DOCS should have been called then.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
Crap, this kinda reminds me of that story where the parents had starved their daughter to death. Surely the school should have lodged some kind of investigation into the days she was absent from school, 3 months off school is a long time and to think the parents haven't come out saying that they are truly worried about their daughter is another fishy issue. Funnily enough, I stumbled upon this article http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/7938945/mystery-surrounds-search-for-missing-girl

In brief mum feels victimised and as mentioned above nobody has really seen for about a week

G

Gladiator.

news reports say that police have now upgraded the case to a homicide

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Already an obvious answer

The dumb mother had too much harry that night and left the door unlocked

You should already know if u live in mount druitt lock everything up
'
It's just real bad parenting imo

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
Yeah can't say the crime rate is too good in that part of Sydney.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if kids don't go to school, docs don't get involved. i can only assume this child went to a public school, and trust me they don't give a rats if kids never come back. there's always another to take their place. docs possibly were involved in this case, however aside from health, docs is the most overworked government department and no doubt this child is open to docs but is a low priority.

this story smells like a planned child abduction or, and i hope not, a child murder. sad stuff.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
MMMM I agree, it's not your typical "my child is lost" kinda story. I think in the coming weeks this is going to prove really interesting considering elections are about two-three weeks away

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, out this way, school attendance can be attrocious. You see it often....very young kids prowling around in packs during the day when they should be at school.

Some people just don't give enough care to their children. Don't give too ****s if their kid goes to school, as it requires the parents aid to get them there. But there is more to this case then negligent parenting...

Status
Not open for further replies.