Minor Interesting Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
- We've never beaten an NRL side based outside of Sydney in a Grand Final before, albeit we've only played 3 teams in a Grand Final that haven't been based in Sydney (Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne).

- Krisnan Inu has lost all 3 NRL Grand Finals he's played in; all with different sides. Also interesting to note that Inu has played in the last 3 out of 4 NRL Grand Finals (Eels 2009, Warriors 2011, Bulldogs 2012). He must be sick of playing in them by now.

- James Graham has now lost 6 Grand Finals on the trot if you include last night's loss. That's 6 Grand Final losses in 6 years by the way.

Just thought I'd mention some stats I'd seen that were against us going into this game. List more if you know of any.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
another Stat

in 2002 dogs salary scandal
2003 dogs lost to the warriors or the roosters in the semi finals (I Think that's about right)
2004 Dogs win the premiership

so 2 years later from 2002 we won the premiership
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Melbourne Salary Cap Situation
2011 Knocked out by warriors in the semi finals
2012 Storm Premiers

2 years later from their salary cap they won the GF

history repeated itself

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
another Stat

2003 dogs lost to the warriors or the roosters in the semi finals (I Think that's about right)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Storm Premiers

history repeated itself
That's one that I was thinking last night, that I'd completely forgotten about. Thanks for that.

And we lost against the Roosters in the GF Qualifier in 2003. So not history exactly repeating itself, however interesting stat still counts in my opinion.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's one that I was thinking last night, that I'd completely forgotten about. Thanks for that.

And we lost against the Roosters in the GF Qualifier in 2003. So not history exactly repeating itself, however interesting stat still counts in my opinion.
i wasnt too sure if it was warriors or roosters! but it like the same circumstances

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So if we breach the cap now.. We can start celebrating a premiership in 20014 from this point on? Wooooo! :P

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
another Stat

2012 Storm Premiers

history repeated itself
Because if the NRL's payback was directly the year after, too many questions would be asked and they will be exposed.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Josh reynolds is the first 5/8th in NRL history to get a combined 20 try assists or more with 10 trys or more to himself

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wasnt too sure if it was warriors or roosters! but it like the same circumstances
Definitely the rooters in 03.... We did lose to the warriors however
in the first week, but we were not knocked out.....

Last edited by a moderator:

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
via @NRLstats:

-The Bulldogs this season won just 3 of 27 penalty counts (worst in league)
-The Dogs backline this year scored more tries than any other club (90)
-For only the fourth time Canterbury won 20 matches in a season
-Canterbury in 2012 conceded 37% fewer points on average than on last season (14.9 per game)
-Ben Barba became the first Fullback in league history to score 20 tries in successive seasons
-Canterbury forwards averaged more passes per game than any other club (138.4)
-Josh Reynolds became the first Bulldogs Half in NRL history to record 20 try assists and 10 tries in a season
-Ben Barba is the 1st player in NRL history to post 20 tries, try assists, linebreaks & linebreak assists in a season

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
another Stat

2012 Storm Premiers

history repeated itself
The Dogs were knocked out by the Roosters in 2003, the Warriors played Penrith in the other semi-final that year.

It's not really a repeat of history, it's just the fact that in both cases, the cap breaches favoured the punsihed team. In our case, players took lower salaries. In the Storm's case, they were able to keep the big 3.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the last 2 times craig bellamy lost the grand final he won them the following year

the last time hasler lost a grand final he won it the following year

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Josh reynolds is the first 5/8th in NRL history to get a combined 20 try assists or more with 10 trys or more to himself
Benji Marshall 2010 & 2011.

I could rattle off a long list if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.