Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said
retarded....

1 good run?

He made a long range try against the Roosters, Rabbitohs and a great try against the Broncos.

i'm pretty darn sure thats more than 1 good run

get a brain you redneck

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
I would like to say congrats to our clubs management for the stance they have taken. It is all about consistency. If they are going to muck around, do it out of the publics eye. Especially while all the rest of the sh*t is going on around them in regards to suspensions & sackings for unruly behaviour.

Barba & Idris will do well from a lesson learned. LTM must be on his last legs by now. He was supposed to be keeping himself out of trouble.

As much a potential talent that Idris is, he is still a kid and has to learn things like everyone else - the hard way. The guy may have been stepping in to break them up, but if the facts are correct, he was pushed by a guy that comes up to his knees - why throw a punch? That kind of stuff does nothing but bring attention to himself.

Millard has a chance to show what he has got. I don't think he will let anyone down. The guy is tall, quick and a half decent defender. He has more FG experience than Idris, so will be able to read the game better.

The reports I have read about Idris's manager make me hope that he is not getting to big for his boots. The kid is okay, but has yet to prove that he is up to FG standard week in, week out. I have suggested playing Idris on the wing in the past, just until his body develops & he gets a feel for the FG standard, and I still believe this to be a good option.

Look at Folau.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not kidding champ... you've got nothing btw... taumata was the only glimmer of hope we had last year... the kid's got he's probs... but who doesn't... he plays like a star.... fast, strong, excellent step..... basically everything we haven't got atm.

Plus we cut koups... who has played some absolute cracking games for us over past couple of years...... i don't know what's happening down there.
your kidding yourself. You can't tell shawty his lsot..You honestly want Taumata back ROFL. Taumata isn't a 5/8 BTW. Yes he played there,but has no vision or kicking game to speak of and the club comes first. He had a chance and he screwed up. That's too bad.

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
your kidding yourself. You can't tell shawty his lsot..You honestly want Taumata back ROFL. Taumata isn't a 5/8 BTW. Yes he played there,but has no vision or kicking game to speak of and the club comes first. He had a chance and he screwed up. That's too bad.

Sounds like you are describing Ben Roberts!

Ha ha!

Craig Bellamy signed him for Melbourne to fill the 5/8 there.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you are describing Ben Roberts!

Ha ha!

Craig Bellamy signed him for Melbourne to fill the 5/8 there.
You're kidding bulldogs2010.... Bellamy did sign him as a 5/8. What he showed in a few games last year was simply awesome.... all those saying "club comes first" need to ask themselves how playing a bunch of gumbies is putting the club first..... we need an awesome and entertaining team.... right now there are TOO MANY tony grimaldi's and not enough sonny bill's in the team... to win comps you need both... we don't have that X factor that guys like taumata bring to the table.... Idris needs some more years.... i think he'll end up in the forwards which will be good. Josh Morris looks promising... John Kite has the size, but someone needs to fire him up.... Other than those we've got very little in the explosive speed and power department.. You can't win comps with a team full of grimaldi's who can barely catch the ball and only just hang on in tackles.... they do a lot work, but its not effective work.... That's what happened under folkes as well. he seems to prefer guys that do a lot of work... the only trouble is the opposing sides have twice as much talent and skill. that's why we got the spoon last year... Kevvy Moore seems to have the same mentality.... We need to change this to get back on top.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys why not just deal Millard being in the team and move on?

Idris got dropped for his poor discipline and there weren't too many other options. Winitana certainly isn't an option. Obviously they now see Buddy as a second rower only. Obviously Moore and co determined that Millard was the best choice they could make as bad as that might be.

Considering it will likely only be for one week (unless he has a massive game) why don't we just all deal with Millard being in the team and move on? It isn't the end of the world if he is playing in the centres for one week.

We haven't even seen him play this year. He might be a different player after having a huge off season. He might not be. Who knows? Just wait and see after this Sunday and then comment. He is in the team and there is nothing anyone but Kevin Moore can do about it.
the other option is to use the winger they named on a extended bench in the team. utai to wing goodwin to centre. problem solved anything but millard

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard Utai is the likely person to be dropped from the 5 men bench from rugbyleaguelive.com.au

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously ?

so we have

a prop
a backrower
a centre turned backrower
a winger

as the bench ? ****en hell we are playing a tough, physical team in cronulla, this is a very light bench imo

cronulla to grind out a win

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't think kite is lazy

he hasn't the impact that i thought he may have had and probally deserves to be dropped (but for a prop, not a fvcking winger ), but it certainly aint because he is lazy, i mean he has missed 1 tackle in 3 games and has over 30 hit ups in less then 80 minutes of game time

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
as the bench ? ****en hell we are playing a tough, physical team in cronulla, this is a very light bench imo
LOL what?

Cronulla are a dead simple side.

They have reasonable defence, but the worst attack in the comp (by a LONG shot) for a reason, they lack impact.

Dogs already have reasonable defence which should be enough to keep out a try fest from a toothless Sharks outfit with a rookie half and rookie fullback.

All the Dogs need for a win is hold onto the ball and put a good amount of points on the board, and I reckon the team listed might just do that.

The bench is a good one: Replacements for Millard if he has a shocker, and cover for the front row (of which some of our guys can shuffle easily from Prop to Second Row).

Also worth noting what plans Moore has for Utai, he wont be playing centre or wing this match.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL what?

Cronulla are a dead simple side.

They have reasonable defence, but the worst attack in the comp (by a LONG shot) for a reason, they lack impact.

Dogs already have reasonable defence which should be enough to keep out a try fest from a toothless Sharks outfit with a rookie half and rookie fullback.
h.

i know cronulla have nothing in attack, i said they are a tough, physical team do you disagree ?

the sharks will be there for 80 minutes playing hard, playing tight and i just think our bench is to light

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
i know cronulla have nothing in attack, i said they are a tough, physical team do you disagree ?

the sharks will be there for 80 minutes playing hard, playing tight and i just think our bench is to light
They are tough but without playmaker Barrett and hitman Ross, plus Kearney missing, and Kimmorley to lead the troops around, they are at a disadvantage.

Not to mention Kimmorley knows how the side plays!

They have a few good players that can cause damage though (Hughes, Maitua, Gallen).

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are tough but without playmaker Barrett and hitman Ross, plus Kearney missing, and Kimmorley to lead the troops around, they are at a disadvantage.

Not to mention Kimmorley knows how the side plays!

They have a few good players that can cause damage though (Hughes, Maitua, Gallen).
obviously barret is a big loss, as is kearney

ross is meh these days, luke douglas is clearly their best prop, highly under rated, should be playing origin over belters like brett white

i just think cronulla will keep this game to a low scoring battle, they are tough, probally the best defensive team and won't go away.

i just would have rathered 2 props on the bench

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
obviously barret is a big loss, as is kearney

ross is meh these days, luke douglas is clearly their best prop, highly under rated, should be playing origin over belters like brett white

i just think cronulla will keep this game to a low scoring battle, they are tough, probally the best defensive team and won't go away.

i just would have rathered 2 props on the bench
I disagree. We'll score plenty of points. They kept St George to 10 points because St George simply had no attack to throw at them but we have plenty of attack.

And I'm not a strong believer in it but if your going to go by the "bogey" team stuff then we are definately Cronulla's bogey team. We have won the last 8/10 and the last time we versed them, we put on 30 points. Cronulla defend well but if you notice, when it comes to the teams who could actually attack(Melboune,Manly) last year, they couldn't contain them and we have good attack. They'll struggle.

hth.

Status
Not open for further replies.