Microsoft Outlook problem

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Several times a day, I don't get my emails, I have to ctrl, alt delete, click task manager & find Microsoft Office & right click & end task. Then I can open office & get my emails. I have disabled add ins & still the same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Several times a day, I don't get my emails, I have to ctrl, alt delete, click task manager & find Microsoft Office & right click & end task. Then I can open office & get my emails. I have disabled add ins & still the same problem.

Post this on ozbargain

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Buy a Mac :-).

What version are you using?
Is it single license or are you on 365?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
You guys to clear your memory and update your software. Your comp is overloaded yo.

try trim yo inbox. Delete then delete from delete folder then go to the part behind the deleted folder and wipe them from you inbox do they never be found.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Audials software.
It is a real pain in the arse!!!
How long has it been doing it?
Maybe could try going back to a previous restore point.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Audials software.
It is a real pain in the arse!!!
How long has it been doing it?
Maybe could try going back to a previous restore point.
A few months. lol Strange thing is it's happening on 2 computers that have different versions. Computers are about 18 months old.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Multiple computers doing the same thing with different versions, the in common thing is the account / mail server. Check those settings or if theres a service problem there.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Multiple computers doing the same thing with different versions, the in common thing is the account / mail server. Check those settings or if theres a service problem there.
What am I checking for. lol

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is still happening. I have uninstalled reinstalled office, deleted profile.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@DinkumDog I am using a yahoo account. Was using gmail with same problem. With yahoo to set it up you have to log in online & click buttons to get a password etc so you can actully add the account.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog I am using a yahoo account. Was using gmail with same problem. With yahoo to set it up you have to log in online & click buttons to get a password etc so you can actully add the account.
You mean an application specific password?
They are easy enough to set-up but to me it sounds like your mail configuration in Outlook is wrong.
Just to be clear, you are doing this, right:

1) Login to Yahoo with your U/N, P/W.
2) Generate an app specific password in Yahoo - call it 'Outlook' - you'll get given a specific password to use.
3) Go to Outlook and when adding your Yahoo account you are using your Yahoo email as your U/N and then the app specific password, NOT your Yahoo password in Outlook.
4) The rest should auto-configure, but if any errors pop up, post them here, including screenshots if you can that don't show PII.