Mick Ennis update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Should Ennis not play I would go with a hooker rotation of Mbye and Maitua. Mbye hits hard in defence and has a nice pass as a halve. Reni has better defence than Mbye but passing may be suspect. Both put their body on the line like Mick fitness questionable for either to play 80mins in number 9. Little disruption to current lineup

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
If we're on top in the first half we could shift Reynolds to hooker, whoever we pick as our hooker to the Interchange, and Rex to five eighth to give whoever our hooker is a breather for a bit.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Minimal disruption to current lineup and most importantly confidence in that person to be able to the job to Win are the keys to get by

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
There's a great interview with Mick on this link at around the 4-5min mark of the show on 30/9/14

Listen to it.
Let it swell your chest with pride.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/rush-hour/podcast/
Thanks Cap!

F*ck I'm praying so hard that he can play.. He sounds so f*cking sad...

Josh Reynolds is the godfather of one of Mick's sons! Wow.. That just shows what type of bond the players have formed within eachother.. If we can win it this year I'm sure Ennis will be regarded as a legend, hmm, eternally known as The Menace.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he comes back and works with us in the future somehow

Bring it on

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I doubt Des will name 2 players to rotate the dummy half role. He will go for 4 big forwards if the bench to try and roll the Souths pack.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
I doubt Des will name 2 players to rotate the dummy half role. He will go for 4 big forwards if the bench to try and roll the Souths pack.
I agree, I think whoever he puts in the hooker position will rotate with Reynolds to give them a bit of a break, which would be why Mbye would probably be a good chance to play hooker.

However he could take Mbye off, replace with a second rower, put trex in 5/8 and Reynolds into hooker.

Or, if he went for Reni at hooker, swap Reynolds to hooker and Reni goes into the second row with Trex going into 5/8 again. Or just putting reni into 5/8 with Reynolds going into hooker.

Des has a lot of options :grinning:

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not going to play.

Mbye at hooker would be a big risk seeing he hasn't played many first grade games and would be prone to fail hard in such a big match.

Maitua might be the safest option for now.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye at hooker would be a big risk seeing he hasn't played many first grade games and would be prone to fail hard in such a big match.

Maitua might be the safest option for now.
Agree but Mbye is more creative than maitua and may provide more points.
I think Mbye could provide us with a spark.
Maitua is the safe option.
Question is do you roll the dice?

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree but Mbye is more creative than maitua and may provide more points.
I think Mbye could provide us with a spark.
Maitua is the safe option.
Question is do you roll the dice?
Yep, that is the question.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
mybe would give us more zip from dummy half along with another kicking option

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's a great interview with Mick on this link at around the 4-5min mark of the show on 30/9/14

Listen to it.
Let it swell your chest with pride.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/rush-hour/podcast/
Actually considering the other content of the podcast it was a really great interview.Expected nothing less from Mick. People see what they want to see on the field when it comes to judging the type of person a player really is;but when you get to see them off the field and really talk to them and listen to what they have to say and how they say it, that is when you get a real insight into their true persona.Mick really is a genuine good guy, an articulate speaker; a very humble man; a dedicated father and husband and a good member of the Canterbury family. I for one will miss his presence on and off the field for our proud club.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
My preference is for Mbye to start the match at hooker and rotate to the bench about 25 mins into the match. Reynolds slots into hooker, T Rex into 5/8 and the bench player takes the second row position.

All going well, Mbye starts the second half with Reynolds back to 5/8 and T Rex starts on the bench.

60 mins into the match, Mbye takes another spell, with Reynolds back to hooker.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My preference is for Mbye to start the match at hooker and rotate to the bench about 25 mins into the match. Reynolds slots into hooker, T Rex into 5/8 and the bench player takes the second row position.

All going well, Mbye starts the second half with Reynolds back to 5/8 and T Rex starts on the bench.

Agree exactly.

The only thing I would add is that if Mbye is sketchy at hooker in training bring in Reni. Same rotation system.
Hope Moses can do the job.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mbye is still inexperienced and prone to error. Putting him in from the start could result in a couple of costly errors which ruin the entire match.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

TREX will not see any bench time IMO.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My guess would be someone bigger like Maitua starting at hooker with Mbye on the bench. If we score points early then Mbye may see 5 minutes at the end of the game. If it's a tight game but we can't break then line then Mbye would come on to bring some spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.