Michael Searles Magical Money Tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Where is it? How tall is it? Where did he buy it? Why can't Ian Schubert find it?

With the amount of signing and chasing of players that the Titans are doing, surely this is the only way they are able to afford such big names and keep under the cap.

Said money tree + brown paper bag + don't ask = Unlimited Salary Cap!!

Am I just missing something, or are the Titans easily heading towards blowing out the salary cap?

Prince? Bird? Minichello? Idris? Campbell? Mead? Bailey? Gordon?
Then you have Myles and Champion they are after...

Something seems very very wrong to me!

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where is it? How tall is it? Where did he buy it? Why can't Ian Schubert find it?

With the amount of signing and chasing of players that the Titans are doing, surely this is the only way they are able to afford such big names and keep under the cap.

Said money tree + brown paper bag + don't ask = Unlimited Salary Cap!!

Am I just missing something, or are the Titans easily heading towards blowing out the salary cap?

Prince? Bird? Minichello? Idris? Campbell? Mead? Bailey? Gordon?
Then you have Myles and Champion they are after...

Something seems very very wrong to me!
At the moment there only going to resign:
Jordan Rankin

But Are releasing:
Preston Campbell, Luke Capewell, Marshall Chalk, Anthony Laffranchi, Brad Meyers, Joseph Tomane, Esi Tonga, Clinton Toopi, Shannon Walker and Friend!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Campbell, Bailey = Nearing end of careers.
Lafranchi = Offloaded to UK.
Prince = Nearing end of 5-year deal I think ...

The rest = Not much clue here. Need to know more.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dude they aint over. We can't talk. How are we not over the cap?

Idris wasnt on much in his previous contract, all the rest we will be letting go of are either on **** all money (including Ryan), with the exception of Roberts.

On top of that we have resigned Morris and Ennis for no doubt more money than their last contract, signed Graham who would be on min 300k + we will be paying big bucks to keep Barba (would not surprise me if we have to fork out min 250-300k)

It looks like are signing J.Mannah, we have our eyes on little Hopa and Reddy lol.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Honestly besides prince, presto and Bailey who else would be on big coin.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hocked the center of excellance, honestly where has the cash come from, there is talk all the off contract players were all offered new contracts with a lot less dollars then they are on now. maybe that frees up some cash, still rekon its suss

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well Nathan Friend wasn't even offered a contract which is bizzare given their new found free money. HMMM

Then you have guys like Ryan James and Tomane who they'd have locked up.

Yes they might have a number of players retiring or off contract, but those players still need to be replaced to make the top 25 under the cap.

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
salary cap cheats nothing more nothing less

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Nathan Friend wasn't even offered a contract which is bizzare given their new found free money. HMMM

Yes they might have a number of players retiring or off contract, but those players still need to be replaced to make the top 25 under the cap.
Maybe Friend wasn't offered a contract because of cap constraints. I just find it funny you are so happy to whinge about the situations of Souths and Gold Coast when we have made many signings recently (past 3 years) and look like we are not done for 2012.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Maybe Friend wasn't offered a contract because of cap constraints. I just find it funny you are so happy to whinge about the situations of Souths and Gold Coast when we have made many signings recently (past 3 years) and look like we are not done for 2012.
We're bulldogs fans - Why would you expect any different ?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You must wonder how much they paid for them to come in first place..

Cobalt-60

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's just ol' "FIGJAM" Searle throwing his considerable weight around again.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate Michael Searle. Fat mutha f*****. He looks like a wombat.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

nathan friend was offered a new contract, it was for around 70k less then he is on now, his father was telling us at bowls 2 weeks ago, carty sent the offer by text

Dogmad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
that fat MFer got the AFL 1.25bil

what are our clowns doing?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mr Invisible you accuse every club of salary cap cheating..

The only one you don't accuse is ours...It's really amusing tbh, we are one of the few clubs that have been incredibly active in the player market for the past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.