Michael Lichaa to the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously this kid and hasler think alike and both don't want Ennis at the club anymore. Your not making any sense.
No ennis wanted a bit more money than what dogs are paying this kid.

There was an offer on the table from dogs for ennis , clearly ennis had better offers from other clubs.

The way I look at it is kid cant even crack first grade on consistent basis with a shiit club like cronulla.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is like 20.

And he has been starting for him the past couple of matches.

FFS he hasn't even played a match for us and people are still bagging the bloke!
Our captain pulled the rabbit out of the hat on friday and he Is still getting smashed on this forum. And u worry about a sharks player?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is like 20.

And he has been starting for him the past couple of matches.

FFS he hasn't even played a match for us and people are still bagging the bloke!
Doesn't matter who he is or who he will be playing for.

to date, in the NRL, he hasn't set the world on fire and has shown the potential of an average hooker.

players who have shown some sort of potential in their debuts this year have been
Brooks, L. Perrett, Koroisau

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

to date, in the NRL, he hasn't set the world on fire and has shown the potential of an average hooker.

players who have shown some sort of potential in their debuts this year have been
You forgot peats who Is also playing hooker for the first time in his life for a first grade team.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forgot peats who Is also playing hooker for the first time in his life for a first grade team.
He played first grade while he was at the rabbitohs a few times, his debut was 2011

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So long as the same thing applies when I hammer Ennis at the ASADA sharks next year big fella ;)
I'll expect that all this 'he wears blue and white and is the club captain yada yada' will be done and dusted then. I'm gonna carve him up and you guys can all thumb me up for it!
* Starts warming up the thumbs down clicking finger * Don't you dare! LOL

IMO Lichaa will be better than Peats.
IMO Lichaa will be a rugby league god......... or, he will be so ****ed here.... there is no under the radar for this kid, and he isn't even confirmed as being signed yet, lol, poor bastard.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on Ahecee. Lichaa could become something special in time or he could find the pace and physicality of the NRLare a bit much for him to repeat the feats that made him a stand out junior. People here will expect him to just pull on our jersey and be a star. I hope he has no confidence issues or our fan base will destroy him at the first sign of a few average games. And you have to wonder why we haven't confirmed the signing yet? Makes me nervous that so many hopes are getting pinned on an unconfirmed signing.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa will be fine. He will be more than competent behind out pack in 2015 then its upwards and onwards from there

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He played first grade while he was at the rabbitohs a few times, his debut was 2011
First time he Is playing in a hooker role, he played second row with rabbits.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
* Starts warming up the thumbs down clicking finger * Don't you dare! LOL

IMO Lichaa will be a rugby league god......... or, he will be so ****ed here.... there is no under the radar for this kid, and he isn't even confirmed as being signed yet, lol, poor bastard.
To be fair, we let Ennis go because we signed this kid..

I expect him to be better than average..

He has big shoes to fill..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair, we let Ennis go because we signed this kid..

I expect him to be better than average..

He has big shoes to fill..
This, this and millions time this.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah okay only hooker in the whole nrl eligible for city
He basically was. I like Lichaa and think he is going to be great for the club but you can't use playing for City this year as a point to strengthen your argument. The hooker options after everyone pulled out came down to:

Beaue Falloon (who started)
Lichaa (off the bench)
John Morris
Cam McInnes
Rory Kosthasyn
Paul Carter

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He basically was. I like Lichaa and think he is going to be great for the club but you can't use playing for City this year as a point to strengthen your argument. The hooker options after everyone pulled out came down to:

Beaue Falloon (who started)
Lichaa (off the bench)
John Morris
Cam McInnes
Rory Kosthasyn
Paul Carter
Who the hell are these guys?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know I agree with this Karat. tell you why: I reckon if Ennis was 26 we wouldn't have been in the market for Lichaa. In other words we let Ennis go because he got old. Thoughts?
Yeah, it wasn't a case of dumping Ennis for a young guy who's already brilliant, the plan was for Ennis to play hooker next season and train Lichaa up as his future replacement. Lichaa was never meant to be ready to go 80 minutes next season. Now that we've lost Ennis we need to rush Lichaa's development and will likely have to play someone like Cook on the bench for a rotating hooker role. Something Des doesn't like to do but that's the position we're in.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't a case of dumping Ennis for a young guy who's already brilliant, the plan was for Ennis to play hooker next season and train Lichaa up as his future replacement. Lichaa was never meant to be ready to go 80 minutes next season. Now that we've lost Ennis we need to rush Lichaa's development and will likely have to play someone like Cook on the bench for a rotating hooker role. Something Des doesn't like to do but that's the position we're in.
I reckon they will push him hard in the preseason to get him as fit and ready as possible to go 80 minutes from round 1. Then if at any time he is a bit fatigued he will rotate Jackson into hooker to give him a short rest

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Brooks debut was at the end of last season. He destroyed the opposition. His first game this season (his second game in first grade) he was destroyed. He had one offload, 1 error, no tries, no try assists and St George scored 6 tries just by running over the top of him. Fortunately he learned how to tackle after that and got his confidence back.

L. Perrett's first game he made 5 hitups, 8 tackles, 1 tackle bust.

Koroisau had 1 offload, 7 runs, 32 tackles and 4 missed tackles. No try assists, no tries, no linebreaks, no linebreak assists.

Lichaa had 3 runs, 28 tackles, 2 missed tackles, no tries, no try assists, no linebreaks, no linebreak assists.

None of them showed potential on their debut this year. Koroisau improved fairly fast. Luke Brooks improved fast too. Perrett has only played 2 games and hasn't set the world on fire yet, Lichaa has 7 games with 1 poor performance and 4 average performances and 2 very good performances.

They've all shown potential after a few games, some just improve faster than others, especially when they have a decent team around them and a coach who wants to coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.