Michael Lichaa to the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How was michael lichaa against the roosters tonight.??i didnt watch the game..
16 Tackles
2 Missed Tackles
2 Penalties Conceded
17 Meters

(according to NRL.com....... I'd love to hear from someone who was paying attention, because those numbers are not good at all if he played big minutes)

Malla

Reaction score
Scrappy game though. Roosters made something like 15 errors to Sharks 3. Their completion was top notch, finished their sets and their forwards actually stamped their mark on Roosters which for me was testament to the efficiency Lichaa gave from Dummy Half.

He set up a try with a nice cut out ball to Gagan too.

He's classy, very attacking. Not the best defensively but that will improve when he's playing on our roster with our forwards.

These numbers are not reflective of his performance at all. He was the most creative on the field.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Personally I haven't seen enough this year to understand what everyone sees in him. I hate to say it, but he seems over-rated to me... I hope I'm wrong though...

He was okay tonight, but by no means anything special. He made some silly errors, which are probably more down to his inexperience more than anything else.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I haven't seen enough this year to understand what everyone sees in him. I hate to say it, but he seems over-rated to me... I hope I'm wrong though...

He was okay tonight, but by no means anything special. He made some silly errors, which are probably more down to his inexperience more than anything else.
These are my thoughts as well..

Still uneasy losing Ennis because of him...

Replacing an experienced competitor who will give it his all, with an unproven rookie..
Hope it doesn't backfire

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt see him do much in attack.
Gave away stupid penalties, 2 resulted in obstructions near roosters try line running behind his own player, killed all shark momentum and another one for off side.... all were dumb penalties if it was mick ennis hevwould ve been crucified on this forum.
I am sorry liccha lovers, The kid has done nothing this year in my opinion to demand 300ks/year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gave away stupid penalties, 2 resulted in obstructions near roosters try line running behind his own player, killed all shark momentum and another on for off side.... all were dumb penalties if it was mick ennis hevwould ve been crucified on this forum.
I am sorry liccha lovers, The kid has done nothing this year in my opinion to demand 300ks/year.
How much had Klemmer done before we re-signed him on a similar amount? Not everything is instant gratification

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How much had Klemmer done before we re-sighined him on a similar amount? Not everything is instant gratification
Klemmer proved his worth as soon as he played first grade plus his nsw cup performance was far above the rest anyway.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gave away stupid penalties, 2 resulted in obstructions near roosters try line running behind his own player, killed all shark momentum and another on for off side.... all were dumb penalties if it was mick ennis hevwould ve been crucified on this forum.
Obviously Mick would have got smashed as he is an experienced player. Lichaa will be worth every cent we pay him.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously Mick would have got smashed as he is an experienced player. Lichaa will be worth every cent we pay him.
You are saying as If mick would be on much bigger coin than what liccha is going to get next year.
Its not like mick is on 900 ks or something probably not even half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are saying as If mick would be on much bigger coin than what liccha is going to get next year.
Its not like mick is on 900 ks or something probably not even half.
lol what? i said nothing about what mick is getting paid.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol what? i said nothing about what mick is getting paid.
You spoke about critiscm coming more to experienced players, I say it comes with what chunk of salary cap a player is taking. Obviously ennis at this stage is on similar money what liccha has signed for,, hence liccha deserves as much criticsm as mick , experienced or not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You spoke about critiscm coming more to experienced players, I say it comes with what chunk of salary cap a player is taking. Obviously ennis at this stage is on similar money what liccha has signed for,, hence liccha deserves as much criticsm as mick , experienced or not.
Not really.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really?! For a team that had no attacking options the kid was the best thing they had besides a second rate half in robson and they beat the defending premiers with a 24-0 head start. The Kid has MASSIVE potential but just needs the right coach and guess what..... We have that! =)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still trying to get my head around the club's decision to risk rattling the foundation of a team that's rapidly building for a premiership this year by haggling over minute details.

All Mick wanted was a 2 year playing contract and 500K per annum ... Seems pretty fair to me we all saw what happened when he left his position for 4 minutes last night.

I don't see the problem with having both Ennis and Lichaa . Lichaa I'm sure can do with with some mentoring.
Des is a brilliant coach but not perfect it seems

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ReaIly?! For a team that had no attacking options the kid was the best thing they had besides a second rate half in robson and they beat the defending premiers with a 24-0 head start. The Kid has MASSIVE potential but just needs the right coach and guess what..... We have that! =)
Did u watch the game at all?
Seems like u didnt cos no one even mentioned liccha the entire night except when he gave away those dumb penalties, even sydney morning herald in their running commentary has criticized liccha on running side ways and providing nothing in attack. Kid might have a lot of potential, but he also has a large price tag as well and not to mention he is going to replace one of the best defensive hooker who can play 80 minutes.
By the way how many minutes did he play tonight?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad we are getting licha and pissing Ennis off. I. The past 4 years his maybe had 5 good games if that.

To many people talk about passion...he plays the same way with every club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad we are getting licha and pissing Ennis off. I. The past 4 years his maybe had 5 good games if that.

2 of them were this year, 1 against rabbits and another 2 nights ago. Based on that he Is improving and we should ve kept him.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats done is done, Ennis is gone next year, and in theory Lichaa is headed to the Bulldogs.

In reality Ennis isn't the longevity option, we know this. Lichaa is a long term option with good signs at a junior level, but you also have to acknowledge Lichaa may not live up to the promise he has had at a lower level, it's happened before.

I guess at the end of the day, the club has taken a calculated risk. There isn't much more that can be done from time to time. I'll admit I've been in the keep Ennis camp, but that option is off the table, so now we can only hope it works out the way the club sees it. Worst case, I'm sure Des can come up with a game plan that allows him to ease in if required (and, my future telling powers tell me this thread is going to get bumped at some point next year with a " I told you so " by one side of the debate or the other, lol)

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

So...... you don't watch the games when we are playing defence then I take it? ...... and, you miss a bit on the offensive side too.

For anyone who doubts Ennis' passion, and desire to win? ......... I say take a look at his game last night... stop and consider the fact he already has a contract in place for next year with another team........ now take a deep breath, and wake up to yourself.

Does he make mistakes? of course. But there has never been a person with a clue that has ever questioned that he is a fierce competitor........ what you described in your last line there? thats called consistency, most would consider that a good thing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gave away stupid penalties, 2 resulted in obstructions near roosters try line running behind his own player, killed all shark momentum and another one for off side.... all were dumb penalties if it was mick ennis hevwould ve been crucified on this forum.
The penalties awarded against him were a farce!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.