Michael Jennings - Worth a contract or just damaged goods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Telegraph's report of Penrith's centre Michael Jennings signing with the Roosters is not a done deal with other clubs chasing him.

So... would Jennings be an asset for the Bulldogs or is he just damaged goods. IMO he's somewhere in between leaning to damaged. I'm looking foeward to see your opinions.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No thanks. We have Lafai.

And if anything we should be more fucused on looking for a half back! not another centre

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And if anything we should be more fucused on looking for a half back! not another centre
**** lafai. He's not getting a start over moz and inu

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
**** lafai. He's not getting a start over moz and inu
Obvious sorry my point was that we have enough ;) sorry i wasn't clear enough lol

stueymclaugh

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Its been said already and will be said again, not required, we have enough quality players in his position at way less than his asking price. Throw the coin at a halfback, JT would look way better than that turnstile in a Dogs jersey!

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
My opinion too Tonee. While Jennings is a S.O.O. player, Lafai is the choice for me.

But for someone else, he may be damaged goods, but easily repaired. A new scene would see him playing good footy again.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think Jennings is a gun top player. Though we have Morris, Inu and Lafai as depth. A half like Thurston is much more required.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Word on the street is Folau will be a dog in 2014, so Jennings will not be on on our radar.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Since we signed Perret and Inu I don't think we need him especially with Folau Rumours for next year.

But in saying that if dessie wanted him I wouldn't 2nd guess him.

For all we know he might be another clubs Inu

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Word on the street is Folau will be a dog in 2014, so Jennings will not be on on our radar.

I heard the same thing as well, from various places

This from the chookpen for one.

"Not too much interesting to report, but was down at my local shops today and saw Langmack ordering a boost juice. He had a shopping bag with some frozen dessert pies in his other hand. Haha.

Considering his tweets recently I stopped to ask him about Jennings.

He said "yep, he's going to the Roosters" I quizzed him as to whether he knew that to be a fact, or he thought it, he said "yeah, he is......... I reckon!" haha.

He also then said Gould is coming back to the Roosters, and that Folau will be at the Bulldogs from 2014.

I wished him well. He was a good bloke. I think he was surprised I recognised him as I look quite young (I'm 27, but whatever).

Judge for yourself the credibility of the man's information. Just passing on what he told me. Cheers. "

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My opinion too Tonee. While Jennings is a S.O.O. player, Lafai is the choice for me.

But for someone else, he may be damaged goods, but easily repaired. A new scene would see him playing good footy again.
Agreed but thinking long term ROI (return on investment) from a club/business perspective Jenny's isn't an option in my opion as it would take up alot of our clubs salary cap, and in risk of not retaining the likes of some key individual players.

Thats just my opinion, I agree with Jennings talent no doubt and he would look insane with our backline but I don't know I think long term

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Lafais the best young centre in the game

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
the dogs have maybe 500k free with the new cap (the increase is 800, im gonna assume about 300k will be used for better value resignings)

Jennings wont take 500k.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Jennings is a good player but has had his share of injury problems. Even though he played SOO I don't think he particularly shone at that level. I would rate Morris above him certainly and if you bring him on board you not only have to pay him big bucks you also have to upgrade Morris. If you do that you are certainly looking at needing an upgrade for Inu who came to us cheap.

Jennings brings a lot of problems financially and through that potentially on the morale of the team. We have seen these problems at the Roosters and Souths and Parra, we don't want them with our club. If we buy an established star at a high price they should "own" that position as with T-Rex or even if we bought JT.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
yeah I'd like an overpaid injury bucket like Jennings at our Club for sure.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
the dogs have maybe 500k free with the new cap (the increase is 800, im gonna assume about 300k will be used for better value resignings)

Jennings wont take 500k.
Kinda like saying a homeless guy wouldn't accept anything less than notes despite his situation?

Edit: By the way, wasn't it Jennings who came out of defence too early and let a few tries in during SOO? and also ran half a kilometer to punch Tate in the head? Pretty piss poor for a rep player tbh.

Gold Coast offering him million dollar deal? For a club who was on the brink of crumbling, they sure have the balls to take such a risk on signing such an unpredictable player.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Kinda like saying a homeless guy wouldn't accept anything less than notes despite his situation?

Edit: By the way, wasn't it Jennings who came out of defence too early and let a few tries in during SOO? and also ran half a kilometer to punch Tate in the head? Pretty piss poor for a rep player tbh.

Gold Coast offering him million dollar deal? For a club who was on the brink of crumbling, they sure have the balls to take such a risk on signing such an unpredictable player.
He wont take 500k because other clubs are offering more

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Maybe the Titans are desperate to replace Jamal Idris? :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.