Merry Christmas to Everyone on TK.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the down pour would have lasted awhile, but it was only a few minutes.

Been seeing on the news all the damage in the hinterland etc.
Heard yesterday Mt Tambourine could be for 4 more weeks due to how many poles come down.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was your LG one of those recalled,
No, mine was bang in the middle of the mfg dates for the two batches they called out. I’m not sure they physically had to be recalled, more so a firmware update was required. They updated the firmware though for all models including mine as they can do that remotely and it’s never skipped a beat for me.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats a decent size battery battery worth and how many days av use would that give you, do you know,
To run my house outside the timeframe that the solar supports I would need at 12.5 kWh battery. Surprisingly there’s not a lot of difference between summer (when we need the aircon deep into the night) and winter (where the electric blanket doesn’t take much power).

The cost varies depending on what you need it to do. If you want to go 100% off the grid, if you already have a solar inverter, if you want to be able to program how you battery charges and discharges, in a black out if you want the battery to take over all of your usage or only part of it. From around $7k to around $11k covers most of the options.

A 12kWh battery would run my TV, NBN, wifi and computers for well over a week without any solar recharging. Solar recharging (even in winter) would mean it would power them forever. It’s stuff like fridges, freezers, stoves, cooktops, water heater, air con etc that really use the power. That’s why decisions need to be made about what circuits the battery supports in a blackout situation.

As an example today my solar system would have fully charged a 12kWh battery before 10am. Whilst at the same time powering all of the house. Even a cloudy day would still fully charge the battery, just pump less back into the grid.

Always a Bulldog

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To run my house outside the timeframe that the solar supports I would need at 12.5 kWh battery. Surprisingly there’s not a lot of difference between summer (when we need the aircon deep into the night) and winter (where the electric blanket doesn’t take much power).

The cost varies depending on what you need it to do. If you want to go 100% off the grid, if you already have a solar inverter, if you want to be able to program how you battery charges and discharges, in a black out if you want the battery to take over all of your usage or only part of it. From around $7k to around $11k covers most of the options.

A 12kWh battery would run my TV, NBN, wifi and computers for well over a week without any solar recharging. Solar recharging (even in winter) would mean it would power them forever. It’s stuff like fridges, freezers, stoves, cooktops, water heater, air con etc that really use the power. That’s why decisions need to be made about what circuits the battery supports in a blackout situation.

As an example today my solar system would have fully charged a 12kWh battery before 10am. Whilst at the same time powering all of the house. Even a cloudy day would still fully charge the battery, just pump less back into the grid.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah good info specially about what you need in an blackout hey what your EV charging.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Came back on half an hour ago Friday 11:15pm. More than 3 days without power. During a heatwave. Felt like a month. Neighbours and myself were sitting in their cars burning petrol to sit in aircon. Mid 30s temps with high humidity and no breeze at all isnt what you want with no power. Was high 30s yesterday.
One of the few benefits of living in the cyclone belt is that I have a 15 kva diesel generator in my boat shed that will run the entire house completely uninterrupted. Best 20k I have ever spent. I would recommend the ability to be completely independent of the grid to anyone.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What if @King Gus hates his cousins.
In our culture (Leb) there is a lot of loyalty to the cousin also you don’t need to be related specifically to the cousin.
The bond is so strong you can remember the taste in your mouth of food when you was younger, Mum running hands over forehead if u has a fever, pain from braces If u had them, these memories and binds are so vivid
Also important that a cousin backs up another cousin 100% of the time no questions asked so need @King Gus to back me now same with @Wahesh and @Philistine

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I got invited to a fuck off rich ***** party tomorrow night, hopefully I finally find myself a sugar mummy and can live out my dream if being a house husband.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I got invited to a fuck off rich ***** party tomorrow night, hopefully I finally find myself a sugar mummy and can live out my dream if being a house husband.
Cool, best wishes man. Try not to come off as too needy, that might not work out too well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe try drinking a whole bunch so you don't feel nervous.
This is kind of a real problem for me, alcohol pretty much reduces my anxiety to practically zero and most of my other issues are gone because of it. I've been drinking since Christmas and I haven't had a single IBS flare up even though I've eaten like crazy. My skin is clearer. I'm genuinely more alert and motivated. I don't need to get hammered, I just need to have a consistent steam of alcohol in my system. The rebound is borderline dangerous though...but yes, I'll probably need more liquid courage to get me though the night

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Came back on half an hour ago Friday 11:15pm. More than 3 days without power. During a heatwave. Felt like a month. Neighbours and myself were sitting in their cars burning petrol to sit in aircon. Mid 30s temps with high humidity and no breeze at all isnt what you want with no power. Was high 30s yesterday.
Mate i can sympathise,Ours was only off for 2 days, but it was painful enough. Couldn't get to the car though, it was in the garage,which has electric doors and no internal access. Our neighbour had a generator running so people in the neighbourhood could charge their devices and batteries,that was pretty good. Didn't like the aftermath . . . But the storm was fantastic, I've never seen so much lightning.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is kind of a real problem for me, alcohol pretty much reduces my anxiety to practically zero and most of my other issues are gone because of it. I've been drinking since Christmas and I haven't had a single IBS flare up even though I've eaten like crazy. My skin is clearer. I'm genuinely more alert and motivated. I don't need to get hammered, I just need to have a consistent steam of alcohol in my system. The rebound is borderline dangerous though...but yes, I'll probably need more liquid courage to get me though the night
I hope I don't come across as preaching but a good morning run or gym session does a world of good for body and mind.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a slippery slope you are on there Marly, be careful.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yallah we should get smashed on a bottle of Henny one day and talk Dogg stuff
I am similar to u in what u say and the juice keeps me regular on d toilet