Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrich

Pissed
Reaction score
Just saw on the news that a few clubs could be in a bad situation with the pokie tax. I hate to think of the Bulldogs having to merge, but if so who with?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the only way id accept a merger is if the club remains the bulldogs and the other team isnt referenced at all:p

FarQ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
but seriously, i just cant see it happening

i think there are other clubs in a much worse financial situation than us,

souths, dragons are 2 that come 2 mind!

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
If the dogs were going to merge it would have happened before when there was talk of us merging with Wests.
Obviously too late for that now:grinning:
Maybe we should merge with the roosters,then we could get most of our team back from the last 5 years.LOL

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
nah we'll be right insh'allah. lol

it's basically the dragons and parra along with souths who aren't "guaranteed" future survival.

this is really the time to push membership and make it the priority. we have a massive supporter base, sadly alot are supporter by "name" "ethnicity" and "location". if they set the pricing for the standard categories of season tix in light of the higher cost of living, then there's no excuse for all the masses who purchase dogs jerseys and what not to grab a membership, myself included as I haven't renewed it for 2 yrs but I will for 09.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
If the dogs were going to merge it would have happened before when there was talk of us merging with Wests.
Maybe we should merge with the roosters,then we could get most of our team back from the last 5 years.LOL
so true

and change the logo to the one on the 'bred no bought' t-shirt

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol, that made me laugh:p

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Canberra survive coz of their support from numerous clubs in the Queenbeyan,Canberra area plus they have such a huge area for recruitment.
Souths survive coz of Crowe & Holmes Acourt,though they are going to reduce the funding to the club apparently.

cjrich

Pissed
Reaction score
but seriously, i just cant see it happening

i think there are other clubs in a much worse financial situation than us,

souths, dragons are 2 that come 2 mind!
South St George Illawarra Dragonohs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol @ the dragonohs!

but seriously, i dont think there will be a merger

souths will relocate to the central coast and take the money before that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.