Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Earlier in the year, my birthday to be exact. The membership team called me (i thought i was getting lucky) that maybe the club was going to be generous and offer me tickets or something. However a simple checkup is all it was. 1. To see if i was happy with my membership, 2. If there are any details that needed updating...
Well turns out i had moved house a week prior and had to update my address... I proceeded to do that over the phone...
So yesterday at work (Australia Post) a letter spits out of the machines reject stacker and into my mates hand (very fucking rare situation) anyways bet you can all guess where it was being sent... you guessed it, my old address ;).
Fucking idiots the lot of them... Ive also enquired numerous times about the membership key ring '5years for myself' this season and i didnt get my blue key-ring... and no decent explanation as to why. The only thing i can fathom is that they don't classify said years unless its the exact same membership package over and over... My price and classification changes year after year due to work, wages etc... Very perplexing this club... their mediocre actions on and off the field certainly don't fill me with any great desire to sign up again at all... and at around 6,000 members so far i guess its safe to say a lot more people feel the same.

* sorry for the novel needed to vent haha

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow I didnt know they were only around 6,000, There usually around 10,000 by now, I didn't renew mine.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Earlier in the year, my birthday to be exact. The membership team called me (i thought i was getting lucky) that maybe the club was going to be generous and offer me tickets or something. However a simple checkup is all it was. 1. To see if i was happy with my membership, 2. If there are any details that needed updating...
Well turns out i had moved house a week prior and had to update my address... I proceeded to do that over the phone...
So yesterday at work (Australia Post) a letter spits out of the machines reject stacker and into my mates hand (very fucking rare situation) anyways bet you can all guess where it was being sent... you guessed it, my old address ;).
Fucking idiots the lot of them... Ive also enquired numerous times about the membership key ring '5years for myself' this season and i didnt get my blue key-ring... and no decent explanation as to why. The only thing i can fathom is that they don't classify said years unless its the exact same membership package over and over... My price and classification changes year after year due to work, wages etc... Very perplexing this club... their mediocre actions on and off the field certainly don't fill me with any great desire to sign up again at all... and at around 6,000 members so far i guess its safe to say a lot more people feel the same.

Raelene is our CEO, what more do you expect... and thanks for your feedback

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That doesn't surprise me about that. I changed my address with them halfway through last year. I live in Elderslie, when changing it I even spelt out the suburb. First letter I got its spelt Elversli. Special people.

And to put it in perspective, Newcastle have 8,000 members already. That speaks volumes. And I guarantee people who canceled the rollover were charged and signed up. Happened to me and also my old man.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Na we just got the "biggest sponsorship in history".
Its all pretty much relative when considering sponsorships of years gone by... The next deal in 3-5 years time will probably be "the biggest"... Raelene can't take credit for any perceived record..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6000 memberships is more than I expected at this stage.
There are still members looking to cancel their memberships over the phone since the auto renewal kicked in..
I would be very surprised if memberships were up past 15,000 next season. It'll probably reach the 10-12K mark. The club, coaching staff and playing roster treated fans like morons last season and the fans are hitting back via their membership.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
and the "auto membership rollover" function is a joke. its never worked for me. luckily one year i just so happened to check if my membership was re-newed only days before the deadline to keep your existing seats, and yeah they hadnt done it. so had to ring up and pay over the phone.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On November 4 2015 we had 7305 members so it's a drop but it's not as big as I thought it would be.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only way our voices will be heard is if memberships drop big time thats the best way to protest

Status
Not open for further replies.