Members Meeting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We sure can. You can also release and sign other players until June 30. This should help a few people

As it stands each outfit must confirm a top 24 roster for 2020 with the NRL as of November 1, the start of rugby league's financial calendar, with 29 players to be signed on when the playing season starts in the first week of March.

Clubs then have up until the traditional June 30 deadline to sign a final player to fill their top 30 squad, with between three and six players also retained on development contracts.
It's not like you can demote players though, once they're in the top squad they're there unless they get a release or their contract is terminated. Don't see why we had to fill out almost every spot so soon.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not like you can demote players though, once they're in the top squad they're there unless they get a release or their contract is terminated. Don't see why we had to fill out almost every spot so soon.
I know but you don’t have to name the 29 to the NRL until just before the season kicks off. Plenty of time for changes. Naming that squad to the members just shows something we haven’t had for many years, stability

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know but you don’t have to name the 29 to the NRL until just before the season kicks off. Plenty of time for changes. Naming that squad to the members just shows something we haven’t had for many years, stability
Maybe. It just feels unnecessary to me to do this so soon and then come out with a list and name someone like Wakeham at hooker lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe. It just feels unnecessary to me to do this so soon and then come out with a list and name someone like Wakeham at hooker lol.
It’s a bit weird although he was initially named as a bench hooker/utility until Foran got injured wasn’t he?
Maybe also to keep the media off our back. It sounds like the club are definitely planning a few things. Interesting times ahead

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s a bit weird although he was initially named as a bench hooker/utility until Foran got injured wasn’t he?
Maybe also to keep the media off our back. It sounds like the club are definitely planning a few things. Interesting times ahead
Wakeham said Pay wanted to play him there, fucked if I know why you would lol.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we have 29 contracted players so have to name them. The only way we could of named 24 is by not upgrading young guns like Tass or Avilerro or signing Stimpson or Britt. Don’t think that would be a good idea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But we have 29 contracted players so have to name them. The only way we could of named 24 is by not upgrading young guns like Tass or Avilerro or signing Stimpson or Britt. Don’t think that would be a good idea.
True, we don't know who's on what contract so everything could've already been filled out by now. I still think there has been a couple of unnecessary signings and promotions.

Banned
Reaction score
Wakeham is not a hooker.
Lewis is a better hooker option.