Media Circus - Ben Barba Debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Why were News Limited covering it up all these months if they had the photos then?

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fml, at least spell her name right. who is ainslee curry.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he did indeed hit his ex, and if we tried to convince her to report it to police and she declined, the only thing we did wrong as a club was not report this to the NRL, you cannot force someone to seek help if that person doesn't want to him themselves ... what puzzles me now is if TG did know all along, his job as Head Of Football at the NRL is in jeopardy, once again TG helps Barba and he gets f...ked up for it ...

I also read an earlier article saying 6 months ago Barba was convinced to join the Broncos after talks with his mentor Hodges, I know we all want him gone from our team BUT looks like the broncos broke the rules .. either way let's just release him now since the truth is coming out and let's all just move on!

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
cheers jimmy thanks for that link

I still dont get why the club waited until now to go to the media with the story

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mr I unban that twitter guy and let him unleash on ****

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent is delusion. Umm maybe it wasn't her lip that was split?

He is a classic example, of someone who claims he knows so much...yet so little.

The club did recommend to Ainslie's friend that she report it, she was hesitate given the respect she has for her friend, and plus the fact that she laid hands on him first...which doesn't excuse Barba's disgraceful behavior in any way.
So that's what really happened? It sounds so familiar... Hmm.

big problem for the club is that they denied Barba's issues as relating to violence or anything that required police involvement.

How will Greenberg get out of this?

P.S: Kent's a ****.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
We need to see the Greenberg interview Again and see exactly what he said

There is no way TG wouldn't of got the legal team to review his statement first

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
sorry boys but Kent isn't on twitter anymore would have loved too

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one is coming out of this smelling like roses, and the sad thing is way may look as bad barba by the end of this, it was stupid of whoever in the bulldogs made comments about it the same week he signs with the broncos

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Media is pretty much implying there was a cover up.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...at-nrl-integrity/story-fni3fbgz-1226708604149

Yet the NRL looks on allegations of domestic violence harshly. It stood down Wests Tigers’ Robert Lui for 12 months after he was charged with assaulting his partner.

[/B]
Yeah the NRL and the tigers were very harsh with Lui, only taking action the SECOND time Lui beat his partner, when she was heavily pregnant. Wow what a tough stance.

Despite that I believe at the very least the NRL should have been involved and Greenberg would have known that.

I'm appalled that the media has had this photo since May (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...face-of-the-game/story-e6frezz0-1226639979065) but did not find it news worthy until now, when they are able to use it in an attempt to damage the club rather than Barbas image. If the paper was not able to print the story until now due to legal ramifications then how is that any better then the club not releasing the info?

Martyr

Waterboy
Reaction score
TG, I thought you were the top dog. I really thought you were. You took us from the basement to the penthouse and remained a complete professional throughout.

But I feel like you made the wrong call here. Even though your hands were tied by way of the victim not being willing to press charges, you still dropped the ball. You can't be a notable authority for the NRL, an organization which has hammered home all season messages of respect for women and women in league, with the way you handled this situation.

Barba should have been hung out to dry. YOU BUILT THE FAMILY CLUB! and you should have crucified Barba to gain STRENGTH way back on Feb 25. You would have won the respect of the entire league with a stance like that, putting the code above the Dally M Medalist.

Instead we get this season-long drawn out version with the same results but just more respect lost.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It really does make it look worse on us as a club that this comes out only after Ben has re-signed elsewhere.

I wish they just dumped him on his ass and hung him out to dry from the start.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the real issue here? Ben Barba punching his missus or The Dogs not going to the cops when she already declared that she wouldn't talk to them?

"Indeed, if the Bulldogs knew of the claim, which their denials confirm they did, and saw physical damage then they should have reported it to police.

It would be a hard case to show if police did proceed, making them wary to do so, but it is covered under law."

His own words.. Basically saying nothing would have happened.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
So what's the real issue here? Ben Barba punching his missus or The Dogs not going to the cops when she already declared that she wouldn't talk to them?

"Indeed, if the Bulldogs knew of the claim, which their denials confirm they did, and saw physical damage then they should have reported it to police.

It would be a hard case to show if police did proceed, making them wary to do so, but it is covered under law."

His own words.. Basically saying nothing would have happened.
i know right? so much for priorities. the only thing the club is guilty of is helping that little turd. he is lucky the woman refused to go to the police.

- That the NRL are satisfied that no attempt was made by Bulldogs to dodge investigation/prosecution, and were infact guided by previous NRL player incidents.
where was this said, ck?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It really does make it look worse on us as a club that this comes out only after Ben has re-signed elsewhere.

I wish they just dumped him on his ass and hung him out to dry from the start.
That my friend is exactly how I feel, the truth always comes out when more than one person knows a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.