... Meanwhile Liverpool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Rafael Benitez has revealed Liverpool beat off competition from a host of top European clubs to capture the signatures of highly promising Hungarian duo Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon. The deal to sign the youngsters from MTK Hungaria was agreed on Monday and the Reds boss is excited at the prospect of them joining his squad.

"We have been watching these players for a long time," said Benitez.

"There were a lot of big clubs interested in them, such as Real Madrid, Ajax and PSV Eindhoven."

Nemeth, 18, and Simon, 17, appeared for Hungary in last year's UEFA Under-17 Championships. Both are strikers, while Nemeth can also operate in midfield.

Benitez added: "It's never easy for a young player to settle in England, but we know they have outstanding ability and we're really thankful to the president of their club for his fantastic co-operation in our negotiations."
Koptalk

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may save some transfer money in a few years but whilst Rafa is there these guys won't be seeing much 1st team action for a few years. He is like Folkesy when it comes to young blokes. He doesn't give them a run unless its a dead rubber game!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It may save some transfer money in a few years but whilst Rafa is there these guys won't be seeing much 1st team action for a few years. He is like Folkesy when it comes to young blokes. He doesn't give them a run unless its a dead rubber game!
the difference between the 2 in coaching terms is that one is a tactical genius and the other focuses more on fitness rather than technical side of things

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
can livo make a massive signing, and quickly before man u or chelsea take them all...

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can livo make a massive signing, and quickly before man u or chelsea take them all...
Good question..
Benitez has complained and complained about not getting the backing from the new Amercian guys, they then say yeh we'll back you up with the money so you can go and make big transfers.

Everyday i go to see who we sign and all i seem to be seeing is other teams signing other players.

Maybe he's waiting to sell off some players before he buys, i don't know.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Kewell to tottenham or Villa
Malouda:LYON>LIVERPOOL
Eto:BARCELONA>LIVERPOOL
Owen:NEWCASTLE?LIVERPOOL (MAYBE?)

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I dont think Kewell is gonna go anywhere but will be interesting to see him at the Spurs, maybe a change will be good for him.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm Curious to know if Liverpool will actually try and win next year's season and not just stck around 3rd, 4th ,5th & 6th all the time.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sue they've signed some young Talent that would run-over the palyers in the A-League with ease but they can't really the Team to the Trophy next year or can they???

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
this is from koptalk...

Laura Townsend

My sources close to me who were at the England v Brazil game in Wembley early this afternoon spotted Rafa watching the game.

Most people are saying that he is there to watch the player he is targetting over the last 3 months, Brazilian Right Back Dani Alves.

Alves winning the UEFA Cup with Sevilla last month is more certain to leave Spain for England according to some Spanish reports.

My belief is that Rafa will travel back home to Spain and have talks with Valencia regarding David Villa and have talks with Sevilla in regards to Dani Alves

Meanwhile, Chelsea have signed Paraguay international Claudio Pizarro from Munich.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chelsea bought Pizzaro for a Very high Price of 0$ due to the Fact it was a Bloody Free Transfer... Bayern Munich's Board has stuffed up once again.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think Kewell is gonna go anywhere but will be interesting to see him at the Spurs, maybe a change will be good for him.
I think Harry's wage bill will be the only hassel with him moving out of Anfield. Liverpool may want to offload him but will the likes of Spurs pay him what he is currently on. I think he may stay at least until January!

Injury free I still think he is a great fit for Liverpool. Just like a new signing without paying out!

Lucas is pushing the Hammer to go for him.

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kewell to tottenham or Villa
Malouda:LYON>LIVERPOOL
Eto:BARCELONA>LIVERPOOL
Owen:NEWCASTLE?LIVERPOOL (MAYBE?)
yeah and lockyer, thurston n bowen are signing with the dogs, i hope it will ACTUALLY happen

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Lyon midfielder Florent Malouda has reiterated his desire to leave the club, but insists no agreement has been made for him to join Liverpool.
The 26-year-old has vowed to leave the French champions this summer and Liverpool, as well as Arsenal, have been linked with a potential move.

Speculation this week had suggested that Reds boss Rafa Benitez was set to swoop for the France winger in a £10million deal.

However Malouda, who is currently with the national team at their Clairefontaine base, insists no deal has been done.

"Liverpool have not approached Lyon," said Malouda.

"It's no more advanced than that."

Malouda also revealed he does not mind which league he plays his football in next season.

"It depends on the desire of the club that wants to sign me," he added.

"People criticise the Italian championship, but an Italian club won the Champions League (AC Milan).

"My wish is that an agreement is reached with interested clubs. I would like it to be done differently, but if it carries on it could go on until June 30.

"(Lyon president Jean-Michel) Aulas is a strong negotiator. For me it's just a question of when."

Copyright (c) 2007 Press Association

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that Lyon are trying to price Malouda out of a transfer to Liverpool. They have set his value at $17 Million pounds which is too much for him.
I hope we don't sell Harry Kewell, we haven't even been close to seeing the best of him at Liverpool. When he first came to Liverpool, he was playing excellent, then of course the injuries started and it's been on and off with him.
It would be good if Liverpool signed Villa or Torres, with Alonso and Garcia in our team already to help them out, they should settle in well.

Doggiez04

Pantera Negra
Reaction score
last i heard is liverpool are interested in simao sabrosa and are willing to pay $$$ and give us cisse in return for him. being a die hard benfica supporter i hope it is not true.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
cisse is staying in france...

marseille are going to pay $15million for him...

Simao is a very likely target IF rafa doesnt snap up malouda from Lyon

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
we need some game breakers that can win games for us by doing things different.Im not saying we should let players go are that we have bad players but we need players of the ilk of kaka,robinho,pirlo or adriano (he is scoring a bag full of goals for me on fifa 07 with inter milan hehehe).

Status
Not open for further replies.