Opinion Meaney, Cogger and Okunbor

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Would have been nice to have someone push up with Okunbor....the halves or fullback should have been on his shoulder
That was disappointing. Happened both runs down the middle of the field and must of been a set tactic to run over Smith.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I mentioned somewhere else, not death riding him at all, I want him to succeed but geez, every kick was a nothing kick down their throats, can't recall any of the storm players even moving to catch it.
That's not always the point though. Often it's just a matter of knowing where the ball will land and making sure the defense is there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meaney - needs to lurk around the ball and inject himself in attack. Also needs to back up breaks. 3 breaks today could have been converted into certain tries with support today.
Okunbor - take nothing away from his drop (tackled without the ball), he was good today. Steamrolled Smith twice and isn't afraid to use size to his advantage. His try hopefully gives him a heap of confidence to back himself.
Cogger - I think he was told to get the basics right today. Defence was very good all things considered (that's normally his issue), ditto with a quality halves partner in Lewis some of the pressure was off him.

Excited to see what all 3 offer moving forwards.

The 3 that Mr Invisible said we’re rubbish (particularly Meaney) have been excellent.
I want to know who else he thinks are rubbish and have a word to Pay about promoting them ;)..
The George Constanza affect - the opposite approach....
Actually the reverse jinx seems to work a lot with my posts.

Others have agreed though that they showed nothing in NSW Cup. To their credit they have lifted very well.

Meanwhile flogs like John Olive, Crichton, Tualau are bog average in NSW Cup at the moment.

Morgan Harper incredibly disappointing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He plays today and we win.

Cogger needs to learn to kick asap.
Kimmorley is the answer to his problems and could help craft him into a complete 7 as they have a lot of similarities

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney - needs to lurk around the ball and inject himself in attack. Also needs to back up breaks. 3 breaks today could have been converted into certain tries with support today.
Okunbor - take nothing away from his drop (tackled without the ball), he was good today. Steamrolled Smith twice and isn't afraid to use size to his advantage. His try hopefully gives him a heap of confidence to back himself.
Cogger - I think he was told to get the basics right today. Defence was very good all things considered (that's normally his issue), ditto with a quality halves partner in Lewis some of the pressure was off him.

Others have agreed though that they showed nothing in NSW Cup. To their credit they have lifted very well.

Meanwhile flogs like John Olive, Crichton, Tualau are bog average in NSW Cup at the moment.

Agree on Harper, don’t get what others see in him - hopefully we’re both not putting the Mr I jinx on him.

And to self critique, I used to think Montoya was our long lost saviour on the wing...

Mmmmm

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought those x3 were fantastic. Sure they all made mistakes but overall given the cirmcanstances they played exceptionally. I’m pretty excited about the future. Lewis and Remis again both good minis a couple of errors. Losing Napa hurt big time, team seemed to run out of fresh legs late in the game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Agree on Harper, don’t get what others see in him - hopefully we’re both not putting the Mr I jinx on him.

And to self critique, I used to think Montoya was our long lost saviour on the wing...

Mmmmm
I guess it goes to show what a difference quality players surrounding NSW Cup > NRL hopefuls makes. All 3 have lifted with NRL experienced players around them.

Could also be a case of zero fear and throwing caution to the wind.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I agree 100 % that reggie's form probably only half of the indication of what players can do in first grade.
Different coaching styles, different players around you, and fans expectations. More Mental. I'm so happy with how the rebuild is going.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. That or some support.
I get the first time he broke through support wasn’t ready... but the second time he ran over Smith you’d think we could’ve had someone else punching through the line with him. Meaney or Smith and it would’ve been a try.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they all get their own pretty well. Meaney probably the most consistent of the three and doing really well in the number one.

Cogger did well and was solid while not being outstanding. He did have some issues with the big guys running at him but he did make some good tackles as well. He steered the ship reasonably well in a team he hasn't played with before.

Jayden. Overall he has stepped up well in his transition. His hit ups and early meters coming out of our end are invaluable. Him running over the top of Smith made my day but he needs to improve his hands. He needs some confidence under the high ball. If he gets those mistakes out of his game, he will be unreal.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Noticed a commentary nicknamed Okunbor the WreckingBOR. I like that.
He just needs to show a bit of AGRESSION. But today was his baptism of fire against the Vunavalu. I'm starting to like the kid.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally thought all 3 were average at best. I’ve eaten my words on both meany and okunbor so far. Cooger to me is ok,,, still young and yet to prove he can create some opportunities. Still to early as he did his job sort of. Kicking game needs work. Defence was not bad

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would have been nice to have someone push up with Okunbor....the halves or fullback should have been on his shoulder
I agree Meaney needs to sniff around the ruck
Could of scored himself a Hatrick today if he did, with his pace.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jayden. Overall he has stepped up well in his transition. His hit ups and early meters coming out of our end are invaluable. Him running over the top of Smith made my day but he needs to improve his hands. He needs some confidence under the high ball. If he gets those mistakes out of his game, he will be unreal.
He only dropped one catch because he was tackled without the ball. If he was wearing a Storm jersey they'd have given him a penalty for it.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He only dropped one catch because he was tackled without the ball. If he was wearing a Storm jersey they'd have given him a penalty for it.
I looked at the replay a few times and I believe he should have caught that. He was hit after his hands spilt the pill towards the sideline.

Last edited:

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okonbur and Meaney have been great overall. Pass mark for Cogger today against a very good opposition. If our forwards can roll forward next week he should be able to show us more of what he brings. Montoya has been an issue for awhile and I have already put Crichton in the same basket. In fact if there was an injury I would prefer Montoya get the call up based on today’s ISP performance from Crichton.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
beginning of the year. the question was who was going to cover for the loss of Klemmers metres. Napa has been doing ok , but the massive metres Jayden has given us on early tackles is invaluable. Just like Ferguson did for the cocks. Forwards don't need to make massive metres if you have quality Hitups coming from your back 3.