Mbye & Woods "Go Now, Dont Pay Later"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
foran next, keep morris twins, and please at least try brett morris at fullback like ive been saying before round 1

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
foran next, keep morris twins, and please at least try brett morris at fullback like ive been saying before round 1

I think now we should play him at fullback... the only team it will benefit playing mbye at fullback is the tigers and that includes goal kicking time to give someone else a go.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the Sharks want Woods before June 30, as do the Tigers with Mbye.

Here is the deal that makes most sense to me.

Both clubs have stated that they have room in their cap this year, so they can afford to pay them this year.

As we know, our season is finished, so we can still try to gain something, probably not for this year but at least for next year.

THE OFFER
Both players go to their new clubs before June 30 and we will pay them this years wage in full.
In return, their new clubs scrap the freight costs we would normally incur out of our next years cap. We dont pay a cent after this year.

Using Mbye as an example, apparently next year we were to pay him 200k to their 700k. The tigers might say that they only have room next year to pay 700k, and fair enough.

This is where both Sharks & Tigers have left themselves open to a loophole that we can explore to our advantage.

As both Sharks & Tigers have both publicly stated they have room this year, they pay the players the extra that they are owed for next year to them this year.

For example the Tigers pay Mbye that 200k this year. Its almost like they pay him 200k for half a years contract which is pretty cheap seen that to them he is a 700k plus a year player.

The player loses nothing because we are still paying them their full wage this year and the extra from their new club makes up for less next year.

The other clubs get their man to help them out with a shot at this years premiership & still under the cap.

And we get a full salary cap to work with next year.

Win, win and win, all the way around.

I hope this might be something the club is working towards to put us in a better position to start next season.
How about this, they pay half their salary this year as well as all of it next year?!!! Fuck paying any player to play wlsewhere ever again. Its a fucking joke.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Apparently Mbye is already going to them full freight next year

How about we take Aloai off them as well

Woods can go Sharks full freight and we take Katoa
Aloai is to inconsistent I reckon, one game he will run that hard and break the line nearly every time then one game he will miss 12 tackles and make a ton of errors. Against Parra he missed 11 tackles. I think we should try and take Sauaso Sue, he is a beast.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about this, they pay half their salary this year as well as all of it next year?!!! Fuck paying any player to play wlsewhere ever again. Its a fucking joke.
I would love if that was the case, but reports are stating that we are paying something. So I agree with you totally, it sucks.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that both Mbye & Woods are both confirmed gone for half this season, I hope to God that the club has done their respective deals that means they can get them for free this year and we don't pay shit for any other year, or at least very little.

How these deals were done will tell us alot about our current administration and if they have balls.

It will also determine our success moving forward.

My dream would be to hear the CEO make some kind of statement saying that from 2019 we will not be contributing to the wages of any player that is no longer here.

Then I will know we got the right man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.