Mbye is the weakest link

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey, can anybody honestly and correctly provide the actual deal Mbye received? Is it 800k this season or it will gradually build up to that?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The morris twins should be getting hammered as much as mbye. Combined 1.1million and were piss poor. Josh is over rated.
They were both at fault for the second try. The sad thing is that Josh will never get dropped no matter how badly he plays. At least Dymock dropped him after a crappy game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The whole spine is the weakest link.

1. Mbye and Lichaa have potential to develop

2. Hoppa and Reynolds - we already know what we will get from them, they will not develop any further. Once Reynolds loses his pace then what happens? He will become another Bunji, with no kicking game and a shocking passing game.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole spine is the weakest link.

1. Mbye and Lichaa have potential to develop

2. Hoppa and Reynolds - we already know what we will get from them, they will not develop any further. Once Reynolds loses his pace then what happens? He will become another Bunji, with no kicking game and a shocking passing game.
One of my main issues with Lichaa is his inability to kick. In this day and age, your hooker needs to be able to kick for space or have the ability to put an attacking kick in, close to the line.

The markers run straight at our halves to put pressure on them on the last, never once having to second guess if Lichaa is going to kick.

You need to place that doubt in a defenders mind, which ultimately gives your halves the space needed.

Not saying that would help our halves, who's kicking game even with an eternity of time would be pedestrian, just saying is all...

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said it 6 months ago
Until we get rid of
One of tolman or graham
Both Morris boys
Mbye because of his stupid salary

We won't ever win a comp
Both Morris boys are worth 1m together easy

We could get jack bird and a top winger for that money like d nofo from tigers

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't know how to play like a half. He's too use to just being glued to an edge and picking out either a centre or winger.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
The weakest link is playing a center at fullback, a utility/hooker at 6, a fullback/5-8 at halfback, a bench prop at 2nd row and a prop at lock.

Our balance is garbage, we burn a position on Holland because we need a goal kicker, we don't have an athletic, power forward to shift momentum in the ruck, Graham and Tolman are too similar, too much money in the forwards, no dynamic presence on the bench and most importantly - we have 2 running halves.

Call it a dominant half, halfback, playmaker, shot caller or whatever else - we are short one and have been since Hodkinson.
Would you take hodko back ?

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I couldn't understand all the hype about Mbye a couple of years ago and he's still done nothing to warrant all the hype around him!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des needs to get it through his fuking thick head and try young blood because what he has isnt going to work EVER it doesnt take Einstein to see it,my 12 year old son was even commenting how terrible there attack is
Was funning noting on the footy today when talking about the tigers and referring to a saying "if you let the fans pick the side, you will soon end up in the stands with them". I was like fuck no Hasler is the perfect example against this lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The morris twins should be getting hammered as much as mbye. Combined 1.1million and were piss poor. Josh is over rated.
Posted on facebook that they are overated and overpaid, didnt go down well with some. But i was like do you know how much cash they are eating up and they cant even contest a kick anymore. Loved them as players for years but there time is coming to an end, so much so that i wouldnt mind if they both moved on in 2018. Could have made a play for Aitken, Peachy, Bird and a host of others with the extra cash.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
I THINK BULLDOGS MANAGEMENT THOUGHT THEY COULD TRICK THE FANS INTO THINKING MOSES MBYE IS AN NBA PLAYER

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% not a half back.

Is it wrong I was disappointed when he got back up after his injury on Friday...
Its a wonder the bulldogs players didn't put the boot in while he was on the ground, now that would have been a crack up.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Posted on facebook that they are overated and overpaid, didnt go down well with some. But i was like do you know how much cash they are eating up and they cant even contest a kick anymore. Loved them as players for years but there time is coming to an end, so much so that i wouldnt mind if they both moved on in 2018. Could have made a play for Aitken, Peachy, Bird and a host of others with the extra cash.
Brett still offers something but 500k is overs for a 15 game a yr winger. Josh needs space and someone to put him outside his man. Barba used to beat the inside defense and get josh outside his man. Unfortunately he hasn't had that since and has no attacking ability to beat his man solo.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
UmmBye (Anasta pronounced) or Reynolds flip a coin.

I really hope these two come good. They can become Bulldogs legends, they have both come through the club if they put the work in they have the potential to lead us to glory.

Des has put the faith in them, they will get their chance this season with more responsibility. Mbye and Reynolds need to mature and step up for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.