Mbye/Frawley gave us speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How so? Des signed the guy, named him in the team......... was that all a accident, if so, how many times does Des have to name him before people start suspecting maybe he had some idea?
Exactly. The hypocrisy of the kennel is out of control!! Admittedly i was disapointed to see hoppa push monty out, but i was also acknowledging of eliots promotion to the starting side. But it seened that most people were very critical of all the team changes. Now aftwr watching the game and seeing hoppa and eliot having blinders, and also lichaa and mbye having pretty good games, and with the injury to reynolds we had a perfect sub, yet people are still saying, 'fucking hasler. Useless ****'. Etc etc.
Hasler picked his team, and every single player justified his decision. Its about time he is given some credit.
It wasnt my first choice lineup today, but the whole team had a great game. Credit where credits due!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How so? Des signed the guy, named him in the team......... was that all a accident, if so, how many times does Des have to name him before people start suspecting maybe he had some idea?
Well without the pressure from fans and club legends criticising his style of play around contract time than he would never have had him in the team, hence didn't start the team in the extended list at the beginning of the season. Furthermore even though we were ordinary, behind on the score board, looking to get more points against us last night at the 30 odd minute mark he still hadn't put him on, needed no other choice but the JR injury for him to get a go. Their is no suitable reason for him not to start the game and dictate how we want to play. Some prescribe the defence first 20 minutes excuse but why be defensive and have to chase points when you can start attacking and lead the game. Last night was the first game in 7 where we scored first try. First coach in history to have his best halfback on the bench.............dumb!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does it take an injury to put the best Halfback we have in our club on the field let alone run on side? Des is a dumb fuk! The other thing, just as I knew but wasn't given the opportunity until shock (injury) Mbye is a way better partner than JR with Frawley. Mbye closed out that game and stepped up.
C'mon now grog dog, I bet you were one of the ones who thought Frawley wouldn't even get named at all and Des did and he played him and we won. It seems as though he will bring him on towards the end of the first half and keep him on. With JR dud hammy he may play first up for the next few weeks but you can't knock a winning strategy at this stage.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
C'mon now grog dog, I bet you were one of the ones who thought Frawley wouldn't even get named at all and Des did and he played him and we won. It seems as though he will bring him on towards the end of the first half and keep him on. With JR dud hammy he may play first up for the next few weeks but you can't knock a winning strategy at this stage.
That's the point though bud, when he usually has to come on we are losing? I named Frawley in my Round 1 clash so I'm not surprised. For me it's simple, your best team must be on the park. That's all I am saying. We lost last week (2 points) because Frawley didn't start the match, comp points are to valuable to muck around.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the point though bud, when he usually has to come on we are losing? I named Frawley in my Round 1 clash so I'm not surprised. For me it's simple, your best team must be on the park. That's all I am saying. We lost last week (2 points) because Frawley didn't start the match, comp points are to valuable to muck around.
It would seem as though you will get you wish for the next few weeks. Did I read somewhere they think JR might be out for 6 weeks? Don't get me wrong I like Frawley he offers something the others don't at 7. Mbye looked good at 6 though and to be fair Lichaa did pretty well at 9 in this game, hopefully continuing to improve. So if we play the same spine we finished with for the next month I think we will go pretty well. It then becomes a question of what to do with Reynolds. It's ironic that for a club that hasn't had a good spine for ages we now have options and still can't agree on the best spine!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It would seem as though you will get you wish for the next few weeks. Did I read somewhere they think JR might be out for 6 weeks? Don't get me wrong I like Frawley he offers something the others don't at 7. Mbye looked good at 6 though and to be fair Lichaa did pretty well at 9 in this game, hopefully continuing to improve. So if we play the same spine we finished with for the next month I think we will go pretty well. It then becomes a question of what to do with Reynolds. It's ironic that for a club that hasn't had a good spine for ages we now have options and still can't agree on the best spine!!!
Seems the only time their is change even though it's obviously needed it's when some poor bloke gets injured. Spose whenever he does return he would slowly get back into more game time from the bench to guard the injury? It didn't look good based on how he was leaving the field? I think we will see a team unlike anything we have had for 4 years now...

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why does it take an injury to put the best Halfback we have in our club on the field let alone run on side? Des is a dumb fuk! The other thing, just as I knew but wasn't given the opportunity until shock (injury) Mbye is a way better partner than JR with Frawley. Mbye closed out that game and stepped up.
FMD GrogDog, do you ever wake up some days and feel good about anything at all, talk about Mr Dooooom and Glooom....lighten up Dude!!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you guys noticed when we have Reynolds on and he is at receiver he slows down alot to pass or decide to run sideways but tonight there wasn't a delay between the halves when receiving/exchanging the ball between each other which allowed our forwards mainly the second rowers to hit the ball with some speed (Elliott and Jackson).

I hope we can work on this but I still think Lichaa stifles some speed but I did notice he was quicker tonight though, guess we will have to see how it works out but things do look good because canberra aren't a slow team and we had them on the backfoot with our own speed

Plus we also need to stop the opposition offloading so easily or waiting for them to run into our defensive line
Yup, then he has mbye running on to the ball at speed and that's when his dangerous

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said a while ago since frawley made his appearance josh Morris has started to find his groove and is scoring tries again.

Anyways yes frawley and mbye together are great fast and they don't fkn crab it!!!!! There was legit no crabbing it felt so good to watch.
When Frawley came on I was watching him at the game and fuck the way he spoke to the boys and the way he straighten himself up to get mybe in spaces was crazy. But he also took the ball right up to the line which we haven't done since 2012!!! I think the lichaa with Foran at 5/8 would boost his game rapidly. Moses/lichaa roaring will be crazy next year if lichaa is still here next year

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
FMD GrogDog, do you ever wake up some days and feel good about anything at all, talk about Mr Dooooom and Glooom....lighten up Dude!!
Lol that is funny Qld-Dog, at any one time I usually see you arguing with multiple people on here and I should lighten up?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well without the pressure from fans and club legends criticising his style of play around contract time than he would never have had him in the team, hence didn't start the team in the extended list at the beginning of the season. Furthermore even though we were ordinary, behind on the score board, looking to get more points against us last night at the 30 odd minute mark he still hadn't put him on, needed no other choice but the JR injury for him to get a go. Their is no suitable reason for him not to start the game and dictate how we want to play. Some prescribe the defence first 20 minutes excuse but why be defensive and have to chase points when you can start attacking and lead the game. Last night was the first game in 7 where we scored first try. First coach in history to have his best halfback on the bench.............dumb!
You may be right, you may be wrong. The thing is you will never be able to say for sure. You can only speculate.
At the end of the day he is in the team and more often then not playing and were winning. So claiming he is only in the team because blah blah blah, and des is a dickhead blah blah blah etc etc etc, is really just pushing your negative agenda towards des.
Why not just enjoy the wins? Des has a much better view of the game from the coaches box then we do, he also watches god knows how many replays of every single minute of every game, and scrutinizes every single good or bad play. Its rediculous to think that he has no clue!! Just because we dont like somebof his choices doesnt mean they are wrong.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye looked good outside Frawley last night, was more direct and looked like he was enjoying the game more too without having the burden of kicking duties.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye looked good outside Frawley last night, was more direct and looked like he was enjoying the game more too without having the burden of kicking duties.
Moses kicked more than Frawley though lol.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
We were a better team overall with frawley out there !

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were a better team overall with frawley out there !
Absolutely. Piss of Eat-everythinginsight-wood for Faitala-Mariner and Holland for Montoya and we would be even better.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes they beat us up the middle but that was because Graham was off and Kas/Eastwood were filling in. Neither of them have the juice to go longer than 5 minutes and the gaps were there.
You guys must have been watching a different game to me. We dominated in the middle. We ran for over 1800 metres to there 1400+.

Status
Not open for further replies.