Mbye and Woods and what we're paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never been one to claim that I know this person or that person.
In fact, I've never speculated players contracts but heard today from pretty much the most reliable source who knows, seen contracts with own eyes etc we're paying $300k per year for Woods and $250k per year for Mbye. I was less than impressed when I heard this. I'm glad they're gone but think we could've played a bit more hardball. I'd pretty much take this info as gospel. Just thought I'd let the people know.

Last edited:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact, I've never speculated players contracts but heard today from pretty much the most reliable source who knows, seen contracts with own eyes etc we're paying $300k a year for Woods and $250k for Mbye. I was less than impressed when I heard this. I'm glad they're gone but think we could've played a bit more hardball. I'd pretty much take this info as gospel. Just thought I'd let the people know.
Ouch.....is that the Same for each year? How many more years did they have left with dogs?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, each year of their contract.. Ouch alright.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Shows you how pathetic then previous administration was.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck if true that’s hurts. Surely we could have bargained better than that. How much are we still paying for graham and kasiano?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, each year of their contract.. Ouch alright.
If true, yep, that sucks. At least Moses is gone and even though he was quite a maligned figure on here, I didn't mind woods. But with both being off the books allows us some much needed breathing room, and paying a combined total of 550k is much better than close to 2 mill, even if they play for rival clubs

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's pretty consistent with what I've heard.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea about Graham and Kasiano.
Was pretty bummed with this news as I was under the impression that we were pretty much off scott free. Especially after what Hill fed us. Still had to be done but fuck.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does that mean we will pay 1.2 million for the fourteen games woods played at the club????

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact, I've never speculated players contracts but heard today from pretty much the most reliable source who knows, seen contracts with own eyes etc we're paying $300k per year for Woods and $250k per year for Mbye. I was less than impressed when I heard this. I'm glad they're gone but think we could've played a bit more hardball. I'd pretty much take this info as gospel. Just thought I'd let the people know.
It's been all over the media for the last 7 days,mbye $150 for 3 years our payment Woods likewise,with pay cut,I generally don't believe the bullshit in the media,but the club played hardball with both those clubs,s also you come out with this bullshit a week after everyone has been tol the figures

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really truly dont understand why they signed mbye ,the only way we would know is if they release the boardroom talk audio file

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are paying me 14 a week to shit post on TK.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck if true that’s hurts. Surely we could have bargained better than that. How much are we still paying for graham and kasiano?
Graham,kasiano,abbey,Brenko Lee,all finish this year,guessing it would be around a mill

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
correct me if im wrong but after we sacked des woods and forans contracts wernt 100% we had to become cap compliant so basically we could have f-kd them both off for free instead of this mess

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really truly dont understand why they signed mbye ,the only way we would know is if they release the boardroom talk audio file
And Reynolds is becoming a Foran clone. Picking up injuries and tigers way off from getting value out of him. Could end up being a very big dud buy if injuries continue to hinder his time on the field though he scored a great solo try on the weekend

Basically I'm saying I think we have offloaded the right players in the end

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I'm not talking shit. Didn't expect or want to get insulted by letting people known info which I heard directly off an EXTREMELY RELIABLE and EXTREMELY LEGIT source.
Believe what you want. I mean it's good to question everything in life and come to your own conclusion but from everything that I've heard I believe this is closest to the truth by a country mile.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did we really have that much bargaining power, I don't think so.

Tigers and Sharks could have found other options if they missed out on Mbye and Woods.

We're the stupid ones for paying overs in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.