Maybe we do Welsby?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great player, again though won't solve HB or front rower issue. To me he suits Canberra or StGeorge.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ref just killed whatever bit of entertainment was left in this game. As if they rule on that week in week out in the NRL...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a surprise, Nasheed with a thread about an English player. Not a player we need so who gives a fck. We need props but after the Thommo ‘ best prop in the world’ experience I would be wary of recruiting English players dominating that shit league. Better getting young potentials like Herbie and Dom Young

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What a surprise, Nasheed with a thread about an English player. Not a player we need so who gives a fck. We need props but after the Thommo ‘ best prop in the world’ experience I would be wary of recruiting English players dominating that shit league. Better getting young potentials like Herbie and Dom Young
Ummm Dom Young, Herb and Welsby are all young English players lmao
Strange you’d discount a whole player pool the size of NSW because u don’t like their league.
It’s like saying ‘I’d be weary of getting panthers juniors because Cristian Crichton did nothing’
Thompson was good just went from one disaster to next
2nd string England team with 4 nrl players just beat NRL filled Tonga AGAIN so what’s excuse this time?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ummm Dom Young, Herb and Welsby are all young English players lmao
Strange you’d discount a whole player pool the size of NSW because u don’t like their league.
It’s like saying ‘I’d be weary of getting panthers juniors because Cristian Crichton did nothing’
Thompson was good just went from one disaster to next
2nd string England team with 4 nrl players just beat NRL filled Tonga AGAIN so what’s excuse this time?
Herbie and Dom Young came over as teenagers. The ESL is a second rate comp. Failed NRL winger. Bevan French was the man of steel last year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Herbie and Dom Young came over as teenagers. The ESL is a second rate comp. Failed NRL winger. Bevan French was the man of steel last year.
Bevan French wasn’t really a failure he was also good in the NRL. Welsby is only freshly turned 22 and has been playing ESL since 17 so even if you view him as a rookie he’s accomplished. Most 22 year olds have just started in the nrl.
Worst case he’s a Blake Taafe type, best case he is Darren Lockyer.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bevan French wasn’t really a failure he was also good in the NRL. Welsby is only freshly turned 22 and has been playing ESL since 17 so even if you view him as a rookie he’s accomplished. Most 22 year olds have just started in the nrl.
Worst case he’s a Blake Taafe type, best case he is Darren Lockyer.
He could be good bro, not sure we need him though unless he can play in the middle. Bevan French was good for a half a season then was playing cup bro. The fact he is the best player in that comp shows how shit it is. There has not been a genuine best player in the world from England since Ellery Hanley

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed doesn’t know who Ellery Hanley is. He was from before 1996.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He could be good bro, not sure we need him though unless he can play in the middle. Bevan French was good for a half a season then was playing cup bro. The fact he is the best player in that comp shows how shit it is. There has not been a genuine best player in the world from England since Ellery Hanley
I think you need to take into account sometimes a talented player goes to ESL and finds their confidence and hones their craft.
I watched Bevan highlights this year (on jewtube) and he seems to have rounded his game to getting more invovled rather than be generic stereotypical one dimensional fast strong Aboriginal on the wing. He gets very involved and does ball play now.
Like Jackson Hastings. Went over as talented but troubled and returned an enlightened soul.
Is Bevan.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed doesn’t know who Ellery Hanley is. He was from before 1996.
No need too. Before 1996 is just child play. Trained twice a week and no one cared

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you need to take into account sometimes a talented player goes to ESL and finds their confidence and hones their craft.
I watched Bevan highlights this year (on jewtube) and he seems to have rounded his game to getting more invovled rather than be generic stereotypical one dimensional fast strong Aboriginal on the wing. He gets very involved and does ball play now.
Like Jackson Hastings. Went over as talented but troubled and returned an enlightened soul.
Is Bevan.
K bro
1698537503239.gif