Maybe I'm more rat cunning than I am admitting'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Making some of the improvements she's alluded to can be done quickly, but some things will take time to achieve. No doubt they've inherited a tough job. but hopefully they prove to be a good choice to run the club.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m liking her honestly and willingness to be an open book.

The club already feels more connected to fans and the community,

It was the right choice to vote them in.
Regardless of what happens from here, I find it hard to see them doing any worse than the clowns before them...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Dad taught me two things: always treat the fans with respect, they’re not stupid; and never to forget how important the club is to the community."
I remember clearly after winning GF in 1995. Peter Moore gathered fans at the after Party at the club (the old lazers upstairs). He clearly stated that we should enjoy the win as we were in for a few lean years because of player contracts. Super league. Etc. It felt personal but it wasnt BS either.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We were lacking this level of transparency for a very long time...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible finding a slight piece of negativity with the new Chairperson out of a refreshingly honest, upfront, candid article about the current state of our club, who could've imagined that? Only the whole of The Kennel :yum:
Sorry for the lack of elaboration... I've been beside with my terminally ill grandfather for the last week for 12-13 hrs a day, whom we are all coming to terms with losing any day now.

It wasn't a negative comment at all, but you've managed to try and turn it into one.

I'm suprised that I'm the only one who actually appears to be caring for Lynne Anderson the club chairman AND person.

Anyone who has suffered career burnout knows all too well it can come back, and it is not a nice thing.

Everyone SHOULD be concerned about the potential for that to happen again (not just from a club/fan perspective), but for Lynnes own health (because she's not getting any younger either).

Stress can manifest in many ways, including stroke, heart attack, etc etc etc. Last thing we need as fans is something happening to her if we start heading in the right direction.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of elaboration... I've been beside with my terminally ill grandfather for the last week for 12-13 hrs a day, whom we are all coming to terms with losing any day now.

It wasn't a negative comment at all, but you've managed to try and turn it into one.

I'm suprised that I'm the only one who actually appears to be caring for Lynne Anderson the club chairman AND person.

Anyone who has suffered career burnout knows all too well it can come back, and it is not a nice thing.

Everyone SHOULD be concerned about the potential for that to happen again (not just from a club/fan perspective), but for Lynnes own health (because she's not getting any younger either).

Stress can manifest in many ways, including stroke, heart attack, etc etc etc. Last thing we need as fans is something happening to her if we start heading in the right direction.
Regardless of that, she’s healthy and seems positive and that’s what we wanted. For once our ceo is making us fans feel included, Dib and raylene made us feel like out casts. Club is in good hands

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the board sorted out it seems and moving in right direction now. As ive said previously ive played under deano and hes gonna surprise and make a lot of people eat there words too. Especially when cap shit is all sorted. Hes doing a great job with the mess he has to deal with now.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the board sorted out it seems and moving in right direction now. As ive said previously ive played under deano and hes gonna surprise and make a lot of people eat there words too. Especially when cap shit is all sorted. Hes doing a great job with the mess he has to deal with now.
Agreed

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of that, she’s healthy and seems positive and that’s what we wanted. For once our ceo is making us fans feel included, Dib and raylene made us feel like out casts. Club is in good hands
It actually seems like Hill and the Board are on the same page and that is making a difference. It always seemed Raylene and Dib were at odds with what they wanted and how they thought the club should go about things.

Anderson seems to have sat down with Hill straight away and come to an agreement on how to work together. Which a lot of people were worried wouldn’t happen when the new board first took over.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Burnt out before is a concern given shes got Bulldogs AND APC commitments.
I must admit, while I was reading through this I thought how is he going to pull a negative out of this article and then I got to the 'burnt out' bit and I thought - yep he has to use that comment and guess what........Don't worry about the several hundred positive words in there, let's just focus on the single negative issue.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burnt out before is a concern given shes got Bulldogs AND APC commitments.
Seriously, what is your problem with her & the new board.

I thought the article was great reading.

I wish my club did an article like this.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t wait for all the haters to get egg on their faces.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry about your Grandfather mate, hope you’re holding up ok.

I don’t think we need to worry about Lynne’s health, Bullfrog himself was a pretty unhealthy specimen but he pushed on, hopefully Lynne has that part of the gene pool covered...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If people think I was being negative... honestly I wasn't.

Last thing the club needs is to build up something decent and have a figurehead of that fall ill.

Sorry about your Grandfather mate, hope you’re holding up ok.
I don’t think we need to worry about Lynne’s health, Bullfrog himself was a pretty unhealthy specimen but he pushed on, hopefully Lynne has that part of the gene pool covered...
Thanks.. and ... not really ..

I'm out at 10-11am to the hospital, normally home at 11pm, and sleeping around 3am. Mentally drained.

The last week has been mixed emotions of staying strong for the family, preparing for "that" phone call, expecting to kiss him goodnight when leaving the hospital only to come in the next day and him still be fighting an impossible battle. Held cancer at bay, fought off a massive brain aneurysm, beat pneumonia twice.. all in the past 2-3 years. But now his heart muscles are shot and its not fixable.

But the end is nigh.. he's now asking for my grandmother to take him who passed away in 2015.

If he pulls through tonight, maybe he's just after one last Dogs win tomorrow.

But the emotional strain is saying goodbye night after night... is taxing to say the least.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
If people think I was being negative... honestly I wasn't.

Last thing the club needs is to build up something decent and have a figurehead of that fall ill.

Thanks.. and ... not really ..

I'm out at 10-11am to the hospital, normally home at 11pm, and sleeping around 3am. Mentally drained.

The last week has been mixed emotions of staying strong for the family, preparing for "that" phone call, expecting to kiss him goodnight when leaving the hospital only to come in the next day and him still be fighting an impossible battle. Held cancer at bay, fought off a massive brain aneurysm, beat pneumonia twice.. all in the past 2-3 years. But now his heart muscles are shot and its not fixable.

But the end is nigh.. he's now asking for my grandmother to take him who passed away in 2015.

If he pulls through tonight, maybe he's just after one last Dogs win tomorrow.

But the emotional strain is saying goodbye night after night... is taxing to say the least.
Stay strong brother. Be there for your family and just maybe as u said one last win just for him.
God bless you and yours and especially your grand father.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m really pleased that the Board and CEO have done so many positive things to date.
It’s only a few short weeks ago that it looked like we were in for a hell of a battle with Hasler in court but that has been put to bed.
They said they would be transparent and the forum has proven that.
They said they would re-engage the community, that’s a WIP.
They said they would develop the grassroots, that’s a WIP.
They said they backed the coach and would not interfere, that is the case.
They said they would show respect and they have definitely done that.
We have a tough few years ahead but we are definitely on the right course. There will be some decisions made that we will cheer, some we will question and some we will disagree with but we have trusted them with our Club and we need to be united and supportive of their actions. Supportive of our coach and team.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember seeing the post game celebrations all the lads would be cheering team song and laughing drinking beer and I never saw Hasler with a beer in his hand once. Deano had one
Noticed that in the sheds after last week. That is old school.

I just want the tradition and pride back in the club. We have been so badly burned ( just like Manly) and will take a time to recover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.