News Max king out for 4 weeks

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem now is things are snowballing. Patolo, TPJ and Thommo not being ready for round 1, has placed a bigger load on Sutton, King, Waddell, RFM etc. Now that we are getting some troops back, the extra load has taken out King, Kikau injured at training working on our wrestle, Kiraz injured in a hip drop that went uncited, JAC a victim of the poor turf at Accor. Avo is playing needled up and with a damaged tendon. Burns has calf issues. Nu Brown and Pele were contact injuries.

I have never seen an injury crisis so bad at our club, or in fact any other clubs that I can remember.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously.....Rugby league is self imploding...I'm convinced it's not a curse. It's got to be the way the games changed over the last 3 years...surely.
Or this is another training injury?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem now is things are snowballing. Patolo, TPJ and Thommo not being ready for round 1, has placed a bigger load on Sutton, King, Waddell, RFM etc. Now that we are getting some troops back, the extra load has taken out King, Kikau injured at training working on our wrestle, Kiraz injured in a hip drop that went uncited, JAC a victim of the poor turf at Accor. Avo is playing needled up and with a damaged tendon. Burns has calf issues. Nu Brown and Pele were contact injuries.

I have never seen an injury crisis so bad at our club, or in fact any other clubs that I can remember.
The ground conditions may also be playing their part. Many games I watch seem to have grass cuttings, sprayed over sand, as the playing surface. Too many players are falling badly in tackles because their boots cannot grip the ground.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHHHHHHHHYYY…… why are all our decent f’king players getting injured????

Why don’t the likes of Okenbur, Waddell, Flanagan get injured?
It’s the Gus master plan. Let them think our season is gone and they’ll get out to a 1000/1 to make the GF and 100/1 to make the 8. Throw a lazy 20 on. Happy Days!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other team can come near our injury toll this season but I do hear that other clubs are having far more injuries than they normally have had. DCE said as much in a post match interview after Manly won last week.

Ironically with all these injuries the NRL are doing their best in turning fans off the game by sin binning 1 or 2 players a game for “supposed” hip drop tackles, which many aren’t. Preston was penalized and binned a few weeks back and even the commentary said at the time, “can’t see any hip drop there” followed by “if they’re going to start picking players up for that, we’re not going to have many players left”.

I’m all for player safety but this is becoming a F’N JOKE! Graeme Annesley needs to retire or be sacked. They’re ruining the game for FANS and players.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows but statisticlly we are well above normal as far as injury unavailability with Top 30.

I'm sure Gus would be the first person to ask why and investigate the causation of all cases.
100% I think you look at the cowboys last year and now they have dropped the ball with their form and don’t look like their going back to their run from last year.
However I see us forming a good season with our club and heading into next year firing with the players we have coming. Backline is pivotal for us going into the top 8. What a backline next year. Two speedsters in fox and xerri. Kiraz and Crichton.

if we can get someone like ben hunt ! Then we’re top 4 baby

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is due to speeding up of the game, too many athletes now not enough footy players.

I also think it is due to letting SBW come back. Something is cursed atm.

Back in the day, Lamb would end the training sessions by booting the ball over the tracks, these days they are monitored, can't get on the piss etc.
Maybe the real reason King got injured he had two eardrums burst trying to decipher what the fuck $bw was saying!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted this earlier in the week
Injuries as at this morning, 8 Versus 7;

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Fa'amanu Brown (elbow, Round 9)
Jacob Kiraz (knee, Round 11-12)
Chris Patolo (knee, Round 12)
Franklin Pele (arm, Round 14)
Josh Addo-Carr (ankle, Round 15)
Luke Thompson (foot, Round 16)
Bailey Biondi-Odo (knee, Round 21)
Viliame Kikau (pectoral, Round 22)

St George Illawarra Dragons
Tautau Moga (shoulder, TBC)
Francis Molo (suspended, Round 10)
Mikaele Ravalawa (hamstring, Round 11)
Alec Tuitavake (knee, Round 11)
Jaydn Su'A (shoulder, Round 12)
Tyrell Fuimaono (hip, indefinite)
Cody Ramsey (illness, season)
Add King to our injured list and it looks like Brown will be fit.

The Warriors have 9 players on their injured list, Melbourne have 8, Cowboys 7, Canbra, Souffs and Manly have 6. As a comparison the Chooks have 2, same as Parramatta, with the Donkeys on 3.

Always a Bulldogs

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seriously....all this injury talk....half the injured players are depth players or fringe first graders. Stop making excuses....Sure...we've had TPJ, Kikau, Thompson, Brown, JAC, Kiraz and now King out. Pele and Hughes not regular FG's. TPJ has been back a couple of weeks now. Brown and Pele back this week. Hardly losing our entire roster. Most teams have 2 or 3 regular FG's out most weeks whether it be from injury or suspension. I tell you the coach doesn't accept injuries as an excuse. We shouldn't either.
We've had our 1,6,7 and 9 there every game. Some teams would kill for that. Storm have had 1, 6,7 out a few games too. We beat them without their 6, yet I don't hear them complaining. Roosters have had 4 or 5 regular FG's out most weeks...do they complain?
4CD55088-02F4-46CC-9E28-ED6D1A81D2DE.jpeg

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember Nasheed saying a month ago we have a conditioning problem?
Remember the forum mocking Nasheed for it?
Remember Nasheed saying watch and see more players go down.

Pepperidge farm remembers
I don’t remember but if so hats off to Nasheed for calling that one.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s remember what CC said. This is footy. Shit happens. It’ll build our character as a team and make us stronger.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this earlier in the week

Add King to our injured list and it looks like Brown will be fit.

The Warriors have 9 players on their injured list, Melbourne have 8, Cowboys 7, Canbra, Souffs and Manly have 6. As a comparison the Chooks have 2, same as Parramatta, with the Donkeys on 3.

Always a Bulldogs
This puts it into perspective. Glad the coach isn't allowing it to be an excuse.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The ground conditions may also be playing their part. Many games I watch seem to have grass cuttings, sprayed over sand, as the playing surface. Too many players are falling badly in tackles because their boots cannot grip the ground.
Last couple of games at ACCOR have seen the guys out there during the breaks emptying buckets of sand and replacing big divots of turf dislodged during normal run of play. Including the one in which JAC was injured.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last couple of games at ACCOR have seen the guys out there during the breaks emptying buckets of sand and replacing big divots of turf dislodged during normal run of play. Including the one in which JAC was injured.
Imagine what Suncorp is going to be like next weekend.