Matty Johns launches blistering NRL attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 years ago, we had a shit hooker who couldnt provide us good service from dummy half, couldnt kick grubbers if his life was dependent on it, and was holding the team back. Next minute, Dally M hooker of the year , the minute after that premiership ring, BOOM!

i am getting sick of "we dont have the cattle" garbage
Don't think anyone ever said ennis didn't have good service it was more he didn't run the football. We don't have the cattle at the moment. The players in our spine aren't on the level of the top sides. Hodkinson was signed up on decent money before des was at the club and there wasn't any decent talent available for this season. I'd happily take cleary right now but i'm also willing to give des the chance to land some big names for next season because theres a lot of talent off contract

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think anyone ever said ennis didn't have good service it was more he didn't run the football. We don't have the cattle at the moment. The players in our spine aren't on the level of the top sides. Hodkinson was signed up on decent money before des was at the club and there wasn't any decent talent available for this season. I'd happily take cleary right now but i'm also willing to give des the chance to land some big names for next season because theres a lot of talent off contract
guess you missed all those anti Ennis posts/threads from 2014 and 2015.

Majority of this forum wanted Ennis gone BADLY!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess you missed all those anti Ennis posts/threads from 2014 and 2015.

Majority of this forum wanted Ennis gone BADLY!
Because he wouldn't run the football not coz he had bad service

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is right about our catching and passing though. We look clunky as fuck.

Was chatting to Preston Campbell the other day and even he said when we play it looks like we are simply doing a training run

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because he wouldn't run the football not coz he had bad service

mate , please, you joined in 2015

you missed all "Ennis career is finished and he can fuck off" talk.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I agree with him. If Des was replaced by Cleary, that wouldn't turn Reynolds/mbye into a good halves pairing, or give abbey/hoppa an extra yard of pace. We need change in the roster in our spine.

silva

Utility
Reaction score

The sharks still look solid without ennis champ

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was chatting to Preston Campbell the other day and even he said when we play it looks like we are simply doing a training run
It looks so pre rehearsed. Don't think ive ever seen mbye play short to his second rower. Sick of seeing that catch and pass shit from reynolds to jackson 5 metres before the line. Do they think thats somehow gonna bamboozle the defence and create opportunities?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Why can't people see Des is responsible for the shit were in? So frustrating!!!

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with him. If Des was replaced by Cleary, that wouldn't turn Reynolds/mbye into a good halves pairing, or give abbey/hoppa an extra yard of pace. We need change in the roster in our spine.
True, but this is the team Des built and he is responsible for this predicament so he should also be turfed.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The sharks still look solid without ennis champ

let see if the shark hooker wins Dally M in his first year and the premiership ring the next.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doesn't mean i hadn't been reading the forum for years. Hes retired now anyway, you can't honestly say our spine is top 4 material

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Because we basically are. Des has overcoached the team and we are to set in our structures to do anything different. Ennis made comments about it this year...we just run the same plays over and over regardless of what the defence is doing.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How can the "cattle" not be Hasler's fault?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It fucking is des fault. This is his team now. He assembled it. He's the one that has failed to buy a Fullback for 4 years. He's the one that realised we had no halves. Yet he still hasn't bought one. The team play the way he tells them too. The recruitment and retention has been horrible. Look at all the players who have left and gone on to be good players when given a chance. This **** needs to be sacked ASAP!

I doubt they'll sack him before the broncos game. But my guess is at that board meeting on Thursday he'll be done, Win or lose against the broncos.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't mean i hadn't been reading the forum for years. Hes retired now anyway, you can't honestly say our spine is top 4 material

yeah even with Ennis it wasnt. lol

won the Dally M as soon as he left us and took him only 2 years to win the premiership ring.

heard it all before.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not good enough, players have been available yet Hasler can't sign them.

We should have a lethal forward pack but he let Tapau and Finucane go for peanuts compared to what they are valued at now.

We had players within the club who were good enough and he released them.

ffs Hodko is an upgrade on our halves pairing at the moment and he let him go as well.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You are kidding yourself if you think Des can land any decent signings

He hasn't done that it 5 years with us

In that 5 years plenty of quality players have moved around from club to club

Status
Not open for further replies.