Matt Utai back at dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djemonkey

New Pup
Reaction score
I saw the Ron Massey team for the Auburn Warriors and noticed that Jon Sila was playing there so this must be our Ron Massey team. But then I saw Utai, so does that mean he's technically part of the Bulldogs?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not listed on the NSWRL Ron Massey Cup side list, but yes..

Auburn Warriors in both Sydney Shield and Ron Massey Cup are feeders for NSW Cup.

Heka Nanai still plays for us in Ron Massey iirc.

As far as I know it goes:

Sydney Shield > Holden Cup
Ron Massey > NSW Cup
Holden/NSW Cup > NRL

berriesfan

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is not contracted with the dogs. They often play some of the younger players in that competition. Lyden McGrady is another like Sila that has played Ron Massey cup this season. I remember seeing Mybe and Jaline Graham play for the Sydney bulls when they were 16.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes to show how bad we were in 08 when you see names like Nanai playing reserves to nsw cup, and he was in our nrl team,
Makes you feel for poor old Steve folks now, we were all smashing him, but even the great Wayne Bennett wouldn't have avoided the spoon with that team.

On Utai, wow, another fall from grace for him,

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a fall from grace, the guy is getting on but managed to play some decent footy for the Tiges in recent years.
Nice to see he still has some passion for the game and enjoys running on still.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't have won our 2004 Premiership without this guy.

Considering his age, it's a credit to him that he's still around.

N

Natboy

No surprise Sila is there. Has massive defensive issues. His not even good enough for NSW Cup anymore.

Very sad because he has great attacking talent.
It is sad and he has realised it's a massive step up not playing against kids. I hope he gets it sorted out because he's got some great skill

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He may play for a feeder club of ours but yeh i wouldnt call it being back at the dogs, he is never going to play for us in FG again. Not a insult to Utai, hes just past it these days and did play for a long time. He isnt contracted to any NRL club as far as i am aware, and you have to be to play FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.