Official Matt Dufty granted early release

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty couldn't tackle a ball kid... let him try his luck in England

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kiraz has to play FB this weekend surely. Too important a position to risk on a debutant, and I don't care if Casey has played there in lower grades before...it's going to be pissing down rain on Sunday and we saw what happened 2 weeks ago to young Declan in the slop.

Keep Casey in the centres. I reckon Kiraz would make a good fist of FB, at least he's good under the high ball. Not sure how he goes defensively, but we may get to find out!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kiraz has to play FB this weekend surely. Too important a position to risk on a debutant, and I don't care if Casey has played there in lower grades before...it's going to be pissing down rain on Sunday and we saw what happened 2 weeks ago to young Declan in the slop.

Keep Casey in the centres. I reckon Kiraz would make a good fist of FB, at least he's good under the high ball. Not sure how he goes defensively, but we may get to find out!
And who plays wing? It will be Casey or Toia at fullback imo.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have liked to see him have a run this week.. been going well in reserves..

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He is the only player I have ever seen that jumps away from the player he is supposed to tackle.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee I was confident earlier in the week of a win this Sunday but now I'm not so sure, with Averillo out and JAC in doubt and to top it off the officials who hate us with a passion are in charge plus the Titans get Campbell back this Sunday.

Feels like this could be the weekend they, the Titans, will be dedicating this one to their coach to save his first grade coaching career.

They played a hell of lot better last week against the Broncos who smashed the Eels last night but that's not saying a lot as I feel the Eels may not even make the Finals.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dufty, 26, was often criticised by St George Illawarra fans - and quickly found himself the punching bag with the Bulldogs’ faithful.

“You either really love me or really hate me, there’s no in between,” Dufty told the Herald on Thursday night.
“It’s been like that my whole life. It was the same with players I played with and coaches as well. Some coaches adored me, guys like Ben Hornby, Shane Flanagan, ‘Baz’ [Trent Barrett], while everyone knows the story with other coaches.

“You try not to read the comments but it’s hard. I haven’t thought about whether I’ll be back in the NRL. I tend to play my best footy when I just go out and play that free style of footy.

"That @Mutt Dafty bloke though, i'm coming for him in his sleep"

“My goal is to be the best player I can be for Warrington. I also want to be a Man of Steel contender. I talk with Jai Field a lot, he’s been one of my best mates since [under] twenties, and to see what he’s doing with Wigan, it gets me excited to go over there and play. “I texted him and said, ‘I’ll see you in a few weeks’.

When asked to sum up his time at the Dogs, a club he only joined for this season, Dufty said: “When I spoke with ‘Gus’ [Phil Gould] today, I thanked him for the opportunity, and told him, ’it didn’t work out the way we wanted, I didn’t play the way I wanted to or expected to - I expected to come in and play some good footy like I had in the past.
“I wanted to help the Dogs become the team they wanted to become. I’m upset I didn’t get the chance to do that.

“I’m a very loyal person, and I’m torn because I’ve always finished things I’ve started. The Doggies are going well in reserve grade, but Warrington asked for my help because they have had their share of injuries.
“It was an emotional day, I saw all the boys today and thanked them for the opportunity.”

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am sure Dufty will go well for Warrington and I hope he does. He gave the Dogs two thirds of a season for not much money, and gave us a few high lights, but sadly a lot of low lights. At his best, he is a dangerous attacking weapon, but his defence is so abysmal that, realistically, he is not a first grade NRL full back A team might be able to hide him on a wing if the other backs are all good defenders, but a full back who cannot defend the line is too much of a liability even if he scores or sets up a couple of tries per game.

And a shout-out to #Mutt Dafty for getting a mention in the article. Surely you can't think about changing your name after this?