Matt Doorey

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The right move imo. Good time to take stock of what we have and see which young player can step up. I would like to see more to be blooded actually considering we are not playing for anything.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree mate would love to see doorey, topine, katoa, schuopp get a couple games under their belt don’t like seeing dwz dropped though
Yeah with you there I’m not sure that’s the right call. Unless he’s carrying an injury which has been effecting his form.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he another “hardworking” backrower i.e. no impact but is fit and can tackle?
All us experts will make up our own minds after he has been on the field for a bout 3 minutes! In one half early last year he looked dynamic and aggressive especially with the ball - all other games iv seen him - he pretty much "stayed in his lane". He seems a lot bigger this year, which is understandable with a full preseason training with fg - hopefully he hasnt lost mobility which is even more important now for edge forwards.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All us experts will make up our own minds after he has been on the field for a bout 3 minutes! In one half early last year he looked dynamic and aggressive especially with the ball - all other games iv seen him - he pretty much "stayed in his lane". He seems a lot bigger this year, which is understandable with a full preseason training with fg - hopefully he hasnt lost mobility which is even more important now for edge forwards.
Looked massive the last time I saw him, like 110kg massive.

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
100% give the young blokes a chance in first grade. It also helps Barrett to see if they are the players that he needs. The season is done so we may as well test these guys out

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree mate would love to see doorey, topine, katoa, schuopp get a couple games under their belt don’t like seeing dwz dropped though
Dwz has been terrible this year.he even admits it.if Canterbury cup was still being played I think he would have been dropped.cant play at fullback cause he can’t catch a bomb.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely no point blooding him if we're not going to keep him next year?

And DWZ needed to be rested tbh, doesn't look like he's 100% the last couple weeks and probably needs time to clear his head

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree it will be good to see how Doorey goes but also to see if the Holland, Smith combination can reignite some magic on the edge. Looking forward to this game regardless of the result.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Iv seen Doorey play a fair bit - apart from one half in Flegg last year in which he was a stand out - i hardly noticed him. However people who know a lot more than me rate him highly.
His a hard running backrower... Bit like Elliot.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Need to give Daniel Sakisi a run add him to top 30
Big boy can hit

Wyatt Reynolds
Bailey Boindi Odo
Devontai Semuamatafa still in qld
Would really like to see the club play all four but as said Daniel Sakisi and Devontai Semuamatafa with Bailey Biondi my top 3 ready for a chance

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read an update through the week that Montoya was struggling with a knee injury.
That would mean Remis Smith in to the starting side and possibly Doorey to the bench.
Hopefully he is the one we've been looking for..... "FINDING DOOREY"